Gold Per 10 Items

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jurgrady

04-13-2012

So I was reading a Soraka guide, and it said to get three gold per ten items. I see the logic in this. But i don't know what the third one would be. Obviously philo and heart of gold, but what is the third? Are they just building a second of one of these?

Also it talks about getting reverie, but that uses the philo stone to make it, so do you make another philo to make this item or do you just wait to make that item until the philo stone has provided enough gold to make it worth loosing the added gold?

TwistWrist

04-13-2012

Kage's Lucky Pick is usually the third.

I wouldn't build a second Philo or HoG.

ShadyGrave

04-13-2012

each gold item is unique to itself. a philo and a hog give you 2 gold stacking items, but having 2 heart of golds, you only get the gold benefit from one. thats why they usually get philo and hog, and some supports also get the kages lucky pick, but never 2 of the same type.

FunnyMan488

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-13-2012

once you buy the reverie you don't replace the philo stone, and personally as a support i just use 2 gp5s (philo/heart of gold) and if you feel like you need more income just get gp5 quints and the utility masteries for another gp5

Kuryaka

04-13-2012

I'd build gold/10 items into their finishing components when I need the active or run out of slots.
Once teamfights start you can get decent gold income, and you also have a use for your active.

Might not even finish HoG in some cases. Randuin's Omen is more of a tank-type item, and you won't make good use of the active unless you get into the fight.

MeltedWater

04-14-2012

I start with Philispher's Stone, then get Heart of Gold, but hold off on the Reverie for a while. I get it usually around the 4th "complete" item. But, as the last one, I turn the Heart of Gold into Locket of the Iron Solari. (You could do Randuin's Omen too, I suppose.) Hope that helps!

P.S.: I don't use Kage's Lucky ***** on Soraka.

Jurgrady

04-14-2012

Hm, I'll have to give that a try, I normally complete Reverie asap because soon after we're able to push down a tower as soon as a wave clears. Allowing us good control over that. But I see the logic in waiting, as it would give it time to pay for itself which takes a while.

Vetpath

04-14-2012

Hi Jurgrady,

There is an older post somewhere that gives you how long it takes for those items to pay for themselves. I just did a quick search without success but I know I have read it here.

ocnus

04-14-2012

i think the 3rd gp10 item is not worthwhile, because it only pays back after 20+ minutes, and doesn't give your attributes much bonus.