Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Recap from Lance “Cap” Stites Reddit AMAA Hecarim Update

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DrFumoma

04-14-2012

Quote:
WunderGuy:
So Varus will be coming out with Hecraim on the same Patch day..?

No

WunderGuy

04-14-2012

Quote:
DrFumoma:
No

Well then I dont understand. They're just going to delay the Varus Patch now just because Hecraim Patch was delayed and they would like to put Hecraim out first...?

KesslerCOIL

04-14-2012

Quote:
WunderGuy:
Well then I dont understand. They're just going to delay the Varus Patch now just because Hecraim Patch was delayed and they would like to put Hecraim out first...?

The hecarim patch has a large amount of essential content, varus patch is mostly just a new champion.
There is a lot of bugs in the hecarim patch coming, such as losing attack animations and champions not dying.
There is also price changes to items and Fiora's Ult is nerfed :P

KesslerCOIL

04-14-2012

Quote:
Art336:
The "buff" isn't a buff, it's a bug fix. His Toxic Shot has not been working properly, so forcing it to properly do damage isn't a buff, it's a fix.

They did say that there would be a Move Quick buff and a Noxious Trap buff, however they did not say exactly what the numbers or mechanics were.

Ive compared everything, the bug fix is certainly there but i see no changes to his shrooms or move quick, I main teemo so i would know.

WunderGuy

04-14-2012

Quote:
lagNZ:
The hecarim patch has a large amount of essential content, varus patch is mostly just a new champion.
There is a lot of bugs in the hecarim patch coming, such as losing attack animations and champions not dying.
There is also price changes to items and Fiora's Ult is nerfed :P

Well thats nice to know but im just curious if Hecraim will be coming out with Varus because by this up-coming Tuesday Varus should be coming out...But Hecraim was delayed...

PrinceOberyn Fan

04-14-2012

Quote:
WunderGuy:
Well thats nice to know but im just curious if Hecraim will be coming out with Varus because by this up-coming Tuesday Varus should be coming out...But Hecraim was delayed...

u mean 2 more weeks.since this patch is tuesday it will be the forth week.varus will have 2 weeks.

Art336

04-14-2012

Quote:
lagNZ:
Ive compared everything, the bug fix is certainly there but i see no changes to his shrooms or move quick, I main teemo so i would know.

Might have changed their mind or included it with another patch.
So long since the patch preview and no substantial word beyond "We've messed up and need to fix it" that I don't doubt it.

AmJangler

04-14-2012

For those of you who decide to ask questions before actually reading, or even skimming, the first post let me tell you these important key facts that will help you understand some things about the upcoming patches.

1. The Hecarim patch is going to be delayed until further notice so asking for any specific dates is useless

2. Varus is (hold on let me bold this real fast) NOT coming out in the Hecarim patch. No matter how many times you ask, they didn't even reveal him yet so don't ask. (Believe me I want him out as soon as possible too)

3. The Hecarim patch is going to not only include the character changes, and rune changes (i.e. Teemo buff, Kayle buff, and magic pen/resist changes) but also they are changing a lot of important key features in the actual game play including font changes to the HUD, and floating text. (shown in the patch preview which if you're asking questions, you should probably watch first)

4. The patch following the Hecarim patch (also known as the Varus patch) will also be scheduled to a later date due to unforeseen circumstances with the Hecarim patch. I'm sure that Riot will all let us know as soon as they do when that patch will be scheduled to launch.

Guys its not like riot wants you guys to wait longer for the new patches and champions to come out, they are getting paid when you buy their new champions and we all want a pay day asap so trust me when I say they have all hands on deck working to release the patch AS SOON AS IT IS BUG FREE. I mean of course it may still have its glitches and lag spikes here and there, but do you really want to have them release the patch now and it be unplayable?

I wrote this to save a lot of people time and energy wasting it answering questions already stated not only in the patch preview, but in the first post that I guess a lot of people neglected to read, so they can get back to working on the patch you are all complaining about not coming out yet... so read this and have a kick butt fight in the fields of justice summoners.

EDIT: In point 4, The Varus patch MAY be delayed because of the delay in the Hecarim patch. It hasn't been scheduled for a specific launch date yet though. (Thank you Terjulmar for the info)

AmJangler

04-14-2012

patch notes would be super cool though (im more of a numbers guy than a "we did this and that" guy)

Terjulmar

04-14-2012

Quote:
3DWang:

4. The patch following the Hecarim patch (also known as the Varus patch) will also be scheduled to a later date due to unforeseen circumstances with the Hecarim patch. I'm sure that Riot will all let us know as soon as they do when that patch will be scheduled to launch.

ApplesFromKira: Will this push back subsequent patches by the same amount?

Lance: Not necessarily, the next patch is not complete. However there's no doubt that we're spending a lot of effort getting this ready, but the release timing isn't directly tied to our Hecarim release.

so unless I'm missing something, they never said for sure that it will be delayed... it MIGHT be, but there is no confirmation, and we can hope for it being released next tuesday as it originally should have been