Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Dyrus said rape on his stream again

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NojusArturo

04-13-2012

If saying "rape" is offensive then so is saying "killed" or "demolished" or "annihilated". Those can all be traumatic things for people. Best way to deal with this problem is to ignore it.

Quote:
ChocolateMang0:
"we killed kennen"
The only reason everyone isnt complaining about that is because murder victims dont complain they were killed

Murder isn't traumatic for the witnesses?

Notalent

04-13-2012

The only thing worse than using the word rape like this is all people who are up in arms over it.

Yes using the word rape casually is wrong.

Whats worse is trying to censor other peoples right to free speech, if you want to control peoples speech than please move to an Arabic nation where using the wrong word in the wrong place can get you executed. America and most western nations have free speech, and that means sometimes you have to hear unpleasant things. Deal with that and move on.

IS149c9d0730e8b88ab7fc5

04-13-2012

When the announcer says executed it must be traumatic for people who have had loved ones executed please remove.

Fiddlesticks telling someone they won't have a brain soon is offensive to anyone who has had or has known someone who have had a lobotomy.

Miltus

04-13-2012

Oh dear Lord! So many poor souls reduced to crying, gibbering traumatized mess because Dyrus said the terrible evil word! Shame on him!

/sarcasm

Blue Adder

04-13-2012

Quote:
NojusArturo:
If saying "rape" is offensive then so is saying "killed" or "demolished" or "annihilated". Those can all be traumatic things for people. Best way to deal with this problem is to ignore it.

except you actually do those things ingame. Pretty sure there's no raping going on on the fields of justice, at least I haven't seen that happening yet.

I don't know about anyone else but I personally realized after the whole debacle that we never ever use the word rape with friends infront of women or older people. Do whatever the hell you want in the gaming community but keep it there.

I don't know about anyone else but if it happened to me I'd probably be going to jail in the near future due to some retribution so i can understand how the females can be a bit sensitive about it.

IS149c9d0730e8b88ab7fc5

04-13-2012

Quote:
Blue Adder:
except you actually do those things ingame. Pretty sure there's no raping going on on the fields of justice, at least I haven't seen that happening yet.

I don't know about anyone else but I personally realized after the whole debacle that we never ever use the word rape with friends infront of women or older people. Do whatever the hell you want in the gaming community but keep it there.

I don't know about anyone else but if it happened to me I'd probably be going to jail in the near future due to some retribution so i can understand how the females can be a bit sensitive about it.

Rape means to take something by force or to cause destruction that was it's original meaning. '' They raped the land by stripping it of it's beauty''

Bold part is what sickens me, men don't get raped apparently.

how2pley

04-13-2012

Quote:
silenthunt:
Doesn't take a genius to figure out why most girls don't play video games.

If you want to steer this debate into the land of sexist beliefs I'd be happy to verbally rape you.

And again...

Quote:
Blue Adder:

Jarlaxle326

04-13-2012

Yeah, no professional sport would ever let something as serious as the word rape go used unpunished.

http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/27476-rape-face

j j

04-13-2012

anybody who has a brain knows it means owned or slammedddd

Blue Adder

04-13-2012

Quote:
lv 50 poliwrath:
Rape means to take something by force or to cause destruction that was it's original meaning. '' They raped the land by stripping it of it's beauty''

Bold part is what sickens me, men don't get raped apparently.

Ofc they do, but look at the percentages (according to the U.S. Bureau of Justice Statistics an estimated 93% of rape victims were women, although this is an estimate since men usually don't like to report it). Whatever it's original meaning was does it matter? Isn't the commonly known and perceived meaning what really matters?