Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Dyrus said rape on his stream again

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darkwahn

04-13-2012

Quote:
Rebecca:
I really shouldn't be putting my two cents into this, but I guess I am anyway.
I think it's a good idea that he's trying to stop using the word, because, honestly, it's a trigger and can force people into flashbacks of what happened to them. The fact that a lot of you are speaking and talking like it's not a big deal kind of bothers me, but, my opinion probably doesn't matter to you anyway. :V
All I'm saying is, you guys act as if it's not a big deal that you spout the term 'rape' like a frenzied water sprinkler when you have no idea how traumatic something like that can be for someone.
But I am a wet blanket, obviously.

Murder etc, are okay though, yes?

TacticalRevenge

04-13-2012

"Bot lane is getting r@ped" **** he keeps on saying it

silenthunt

04-13-2012

Doesn't take a genius to figure out why most girls don't play video games.

Phyrexia

04-13-2012

Quote:
silenthunt:
Doesn't take a genius to figure out why most girls don't play video games.

Because only females can get raped right?

Cident

04-13-2012

Quote:
Rebecca:
I really shouldn't be putting my two cents into this, but I guess I am anyway.
I think it's a good idea that he's trying to stop using the word, because, honestly, it's a trigger and can force people into flashbacks of what happened to them. The fact that a lot of you are speaking and talking like it's not a big deal kind of bothers me, but, my opinion probably doesn't matter to you anyway. :V
All I'm saying is, you guys act as if it's not a big deal that you spout the term 'rape' like a frenzied water sprinkler when you have no idea how traumatic something like that can be for someone.
But I am a wet blanket, obviously.

I don't use the word often, and I doubt that the majority of people in this topic do either. However, I'd rather people don't feel pressured to speak perfectly inoffensively, and that requires someone to point out "Hey, why is this such a big deal?" when people make a fuss. Is it nicer to not say rape, in case there's someone watching who has been raped before? Of course. Should it be expected of people? I don't think so at all (When they're streaming on their own at least. Tournament organizers have every right to ask them to tone down language during tournaments).

Quote:
Darkwahn:
Murder etc, are okay though, yes?

Because the number of people playing LoL who have been murdered before is so large.

IS182b3f4478f53aef33d47

04-13-2012

Quote:
Bigjew9833:
Yeah, raped people are so entitled. Take one **** from a trusted family member, and they think the world owes them a living.

I lol'd so hard

PacoTferret

04-13-2012

Quote:
Made 0f Time:
Just another reason it will never be a legitimate "sport".

Really? How many times has that one football player been suspended for stomping on other players. Or coaches molesting little kids. Guess football isn't a legitimate sport eother

IS149c9d0730e8b88ab7fc5

04-13-2012

Quote:
Mittor:
Because only females can get raped right?

I know right? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIpaDuDsj6E)

Glittering Crux

04-13-2012

Words gain new meanings over time. People need to deal with it.

Mango Shake

04-13-2012

"we killed kennen"
The only reason everyone isnt complaining about that is because murder victims dont complain they were killed