Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Veigar's 1st Skill & Buddy Chat Bugs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ouroboros

Adjudicator

07-27-2009

First off:

Veigar's first skill, "Q", takes a second to cast..The spell name while casting Q is not the same as the description, instead it reads "SHADOW BOLT". Minor bug..

Secondly, I used Buddy Chat yesterday and the person I was talking to was showing up as a different name. E.g, I'm talking to buddy "X", but for some reason, the name is something completely different than "X". It wasn't until I closed the chat window and reopened it did it return to normal.

HighFive

07-27-2009

Hey Ouroboros,

Thanks for submitting these bugs! Just a quick question, do you have any repro steps for your second bug? Keep up the good eye!

muusbolla

07-27-2009

Hey HighFive, we had a similar problem with buddy chat. What happened was, me and one other person added Insanius to friends while he was offline. When he logged on and accepted both friend invites, it showed both of us as muusbolla (he had 2 muusbolla's in his buddy list) and whenever either of us chatted with him, it showed our name as muusbolla, whether it was the real me or not.

I'm guessing it had to do with the 2 queued buddy invites conflicting upon login.

HighFive

07-27-2009

Quote:
muusbolla:
Hey HighFive, we had a similar problem with buddy chat. What happened was, me and one other person added Insanius to friends while he was offline. When he logged on and accepted both friend invites, it showed both of us as muusbolla (he had 2 muusbolla's in his buddy list) and whenever either of us chatted with him, it showed our name as muusbolla, whether it was the real me or not.

I'm guessing it had to do with the 2 queued buddy invites conflicting upon login.

Hey Muusbolla,

Thanks for the reproduction steps with this bug! They make life a lot easier.

Ouroboros

Adjudicator

07-27-2009

muusbolla described the bug perfectly. Same thing happened to me...

trumpsta

Senior Recruiter

10-01-2014

this is spooky