Amumu (Sunfire cape stack)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrBones

Recruiter

10-23-2009

So yea, from now on I'm going to build my Amumu with 5 sunfire capes and some Boots of Swiftness.
Seems it's all he needs is to stack sunfire capes and then he has a bunch of health and deals plenty of OP stacked area damage.

I'm not sure if your supposed to be able to stack an item 5 times but it seems to work.

Logo

10-23-2009

It intentionally works for Sunfire capes. It's not like they're THAT powerful. They're expensive and the damage doesn't scale up at all (other than stacking multiple).

Shizz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-23-2009

Once you have at least 2 Sunfires, it's worth the gold to get an Abyssal Scepter for the MR and MR reduction aura.

God SoRcuS

10-23-2009

I would say more than 2 sunfire's is almost always worthless... I would rather get some MR/AP and some mana regen(maybe adjust with just golem buff) and keep the tears on. Stacking sunfire's isn't exactly a great thing...

MrBones

Recruiter

10-23-2009

Yea I guess it's only gold worthy for 2 of them.

+500 health x5= 2500 HP
+50 armor x5= 250 armor
40 damage x5= 200 damage per second

But I mean the stats are certainly nice, such as the 200 damage a second.
Better then the +80 damage you would get from just 2.

God SoRcuS

10-23-2009

Well you are missing the point I see.. If they have some burst damage... It will hurt your ass through all the sunfire stacks.. The sunfire stacks became prominent when you get mercury treads and stack MR runes for Amumu.. Now that there are no more crazy rune system and if you don't get mercury treads ... your ass will get fired easily.. Not to mention that armor is easily mitigated.. It just aint worth it.. Take a look at this build

2 x Sunfire = 1000 health 100 armor
Mercury treads = 35 MR 40% cc reduction
Abyssal sceptor = 70 AP 60 MR -20 MR to enemies( syncs with your passive)
Banshees? or Guardian Angel?

This above build is much more effective I would say.. than blindly stacking 5 sunfire's

Wappas

10-23-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by God SoRcuS View Post
Well you are missing the point I see.. If they have some burst damage... It will hurt your ass through all the sunfire stacks.. The sunfire stacks became prominent when you get mercury treads and stack MR runes for Amumu.. Now that there are no more crazy rune system and if you don't get mercury treads ... your ass will get fired easily.. Not to mention that armor is easily mitigated.. It just aint worth it.. Take a look at this build

2 x Sunfire = 1000 health 100 armor
Mercury treads = 35 MR 40% cc reduction
Abyssal sceptor = 70 AP 60 MR -20 MR to enemies( syncs with your passive)
Banshees? or Guardian Angel?

This above build is much more effective I would say.. than blindly stacking 5 sunfire's
add a force of nature to that and you've got some serious MR with some nice HP/5

Dragonien

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-23-2009

i honestly think that it needs to be a unique effect. Really, its kinda broken retarded how they work. Amumus ult+ 200 magic damage per second as long as hes near you? not saying its OUTRIGHT broken. but its pretty cheap, and i dont think its something that wouldve been originally intended.

its also dumb, but annoying, if you see an evylynn doing it... 200 magic damage a second, from something invisible?

Wappas

10-23-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonien View Post
i honestly think that it needs to be a unique effect. Really, its kinda broken retarded how they work. Amumus ult+ 200 magic damage per second as long as hes near you? not saying its OUTRIGHT broken. but its pretty cheap, and i dont think its something that wouldve been originally intended.

its also dumb, but annoying, if you see an evylynn doing it... 200 magic damage a second, from something invisible?
that 200 Magic DPS is before magic reduction (which by now every character should have at least 1 item that adds MR) so realistically, its hitting for less.

God SoRcuS

10-23-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wappas View Post
that 200 Magic DPS is before magic reduction (which by now every character should have at least 1 item that adds MR) so realistically, its hitting for less.
Not to mention the fact that stacking 5 sunfire cape's is atleast going to be a 50+ mins game by which time everyone in the game should be having some MR if not mega MR...

I just like how people assume as if someone's got a 5 sunfire's in like 25 mins... Guys each sunfire costs a whopping 2850 gold... If you are not retarded you would get some boots before that

So its what 15200 freaking gold. ANd you aint getting it a normal game...