Dota is stupid

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EateroftheWorld

08-09-2010

Man me and my cousin are looking at the characters in Dota and all of them are frigging rigged. They all have rigged stats and abilities. I hope Lol never goes down that road. I would never want to play Dota.

TheFatmann

08-09-2010

IF every character was rigged wouldn't it be balanced?

IS1933d739bf0186dac5427

08-09-2010

0/10

Anachronity

12-28-2012

Quote:
IF every character was rigged wouldn't it be balanced?
That seems to be their logic, but it just ends up where certain heroes who are actually reasonable just get drowned out by the OP of the rest. DotA is really only fun because of the interesting gimmicks that wouldn't really work in LoL like Rubick and Storm Spirit.

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

12-28-2012

There is nothing wrong with DoTA, it is a really good game. Stop hating just to hate.

sammich kek

12-28-2012

DoTA heroes seem fine to me...

HoN directly ports them all the time... league gets inspiration from Dota Heroes all the time as well..

Shesocold

12-28-2012

DoTA characters seem fine to me I just don't like the fact that you can have absolutely no communication and still win because 1 person did well early game. For example my friend is competitive and so he got his teammates together to try something. They fed him 10 kills at the start and tried to come back in a 1v5. He didn't die and won the game 15 minutes later. I don't know about you guys but if 5 competitive players with communication can't beat 1 that sounds a little ridiculous...

wwong3

12-29-2012

Dude, LoL is rigged. Just look at the minions. Minions stand NO CHANCE against champions. That's F-ed up. And you know what else? All champions only get STRONGER over time? Dude, not even dragon or baron will be safe. These dudes just mind their own business and all of a sudden, these overpowered rigged jerks come over and murder them. I swear, these champions are too rigged. You don't see minions, dragon, or baron with a manabar. That's some bulls-hit right there man. Units with mana, levels, gold, and skills, breaking the perfect balance of everything. Ok Ok, maybe you don't get it but let me try to paint a picture for you

A game, with no champions, and only towers and minions fighting. The jungles don't get involved and mind their own business peacefully. That is what balance is all about. League of legends and their imba champions system. All they need to do is remove the entire champion system, but oooo, they love their imbalance. URG!

------------End Sarcasm--------------

You really can't see beyond gold grinding for items for power for more power for teamfight for more teamfight?
Nature's prophet is ALWAYS banned. Look him up. You'll probably say he's worthless and garbage teir.
Concepts you seem to have some difficulty understanding.

1. early/mid/late game aka SCALING
2. carry/initiator/support/teamfight TEAM COMPOSITION
3. NOT BLINDPICK
4. Fog of War
5. Pushing
6. Ganking
7. Gold
8. Exp
9. Counters
10. Items and by extension : Builds
The list goes on but you know. If the only thing you can understand is grind for gold to get items to win fights, let's just say you have trouble comprehending the mechanics or even the objective of the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shesocold View Post
DoTA characters seem fine to me I just don't like the fact that you can have absolutely no communication and still win because 1 person did well early game. For example my friend is competitive and so he got his teammates together to try something. They fed him 10 kills at the start and tried to come back in a 1v5. He didn't die and won the game 15 minutes later. I don't know about you guys but if 5 competitive players with communication can't beat 1 that sounds a little ridiculous...
I'm sorry but someone said something along the line of "he got his teammates together to try something" that got him "10" kills. Sounds perfectly 1v5 to me. No teamwork there at all it seems. :| Can't tell if troll, or retarded...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anachronity View Post
That seems to be their logic, but it just ends up where certain heroes who are actually reasonable just get drowned out by the OP of the rest. DotA is really only fun because of the interesting gimmicks that wouldn't really work in LoL like Rubick and Storm Spirit.
Alright, let us compare Overpowered heroes and Heroes designed to do nothing but FEED endlessly. Spoiler, the feeder hero is consistently banned in tournys.

I'm serious... A hero that is competitively banned all day every day every game is Nature's Prophet and here is his skill set.
1. Make trees in an area, does not stun or bind or do ANYTHING.
2. Teleportation. No not the sexy shield version either. You take 3 seconds, then teleport to a location and probably die.
3. Make minions that hit for 20 damage (5 damage after armor reduction) that give GOLD when killed. Also moves very very very slow. Has no spells.
4. Hits all enemies on the map for 150(?)~300 damage. Great for stealing CS!

His stats! He's mainly INT so instead of casting just 1 spell before running out of mana, he can cast 2 spells! \o/ This means he has...
A) NO HP
B) NO movespeed
C) NO Attack Speed
D) NO Attack Damage
E) 1 spell to do 200 damage which is his amazing ult.

Now now now... let us compare him to a garbage tier hero. Spirit Breaker...
Skills
1. Charge of Darkness : Move beyond MAX MOVESPEED ignoring all obstacles, stunning and damaging all enemies along the path for 2.4 seconds.
2. Empowering Haste : ALL allies move 18% faster
3. Greater Bash : ALL normal attacks have a 17% chance to stun for 1.6s followed by 40% movementspeed boost. Also deals massive bonus damage. (HINT HINT = PERMA STUN!!!!)
4. Nether Strike : 350 damage + Greater Bash (more damage) and long stun! Is also ranged to the point of from the middle to the edge of the screen. While all this happens, he also teleports next to his opponent for more face bashing.

His stats? STR! This hero is a TRUCK. His hp is basically 200% of Nature's Prophet's. More attackspeed and hits at least 50% harder because he was designed as a fighter. You want to RUN from him? He IGNORES the max move speed limitation!

Stick a little bit of aspd on this man and he has 1. beyond MAX MOVESPEED. 2 PERMABASH!
This is a garbage tier hero in the high level competitive scene. Iuno about you guys but maybe sheer retardation may have played a role in your decision. Go look up that **** again from a non-biased point of view. You'll be amazed at how things look from a non-religious zealot point of view. Oh also, from how you guys express your desires of a penta kill. I know what you're thinking. Anyone who's tried dota and gotten past WOOD LEAGUE can tell you, it's not about how the amazing kills you get, it's about winning. That's the difference and why there's a huge label that dota is hardcore and lol is casual.

Edit: You're probably also the type of guy who says nub tube is imbalanced and overpowered and the only gun worth using in an FPS. OR Chun Li's thunderkicks(?) is the only thing worth doing in street fighter because nothing else is good. Absolutely no concept of mechanics, objectives, or anything remotely requiring logic or reason.

Shesocold

12-29-2012

Probably should've specified that they purposefully fed him 10 kills to see if they could come back which they couldn't. Also you don't have to call me a ****** or hate just because I feel the game lacks as much teamwork as league.

Edit: Weird it censors r e t a r d

wwong3

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shesocold View Post
Probably should've specified that they purposefully fed him 10 kills to see if they could come back which they couldn't. Also you don't have to call me a ****** or hate just because I feel the game lacks as much teamwork as league.

Edit: Weird it censors r e t a r d
It sensors words that are offensive. Since you're not being a R* I will apologize and respond in a hopefully less offensive manner.

You didn't read what I said at all did you? Scaling! Look it up.

Here's something for you to think about
Killing a hero = 200 gold
DYING = 30xLVL gold; Dying at level 3 = 90 gold loss + 135 gold loss from teleport scroll = total of 225 gold, MORE gold lost than the killer gained. That's not snowballing. The killer isn't gaining power. The killed simply got shut down for being stupid.
Dota Creeps = 40g on avg
LoL creeps = 20g on avg
DotA = killing results in a large gold loss, little gold gain.
LoL = killing results in no gold loss, lots and lots of gold gain.

You're telling me that snowballing is stupid? I'm terribly sorry but that's a league of legends mechanic, not DotA. DotA kill people to shut them down.

Let's take a look at NATURE'S PROPHET AND SPIRIT BREAKER! oh my, who would of thought?

Let's put WEAPONS ON THEM!!! \o/ who dies? NP!
Give them BOTH teleport shoes!
Give them BOTH 10000 ATTACK SPEED!
Yea NP is gona be crushed by permabash all over the map.

Let's give them NOTHING.
I'm sorry cow, you do 60 damage? Np does 30? I see your base on fire.... OOOO, mega creeps. OOOO mega creeps hit for 150 damage each? OOOOO OOOO
Oh you want to fight cow? *teleport to the opposite side of the map that is TWICE as large as LoL's map*
No minions to push? *magically summom minions*
Oh you found me? *surround self in trees and teleport to the opposite side*
Base race? Please I (nature's prophet) summon armies. :|

Objectives
Mechanics.

DotA is slow. It's a game of chess. One does not simply do something stupid without creating consequences... Like picking an AD Carry and feed endlessly.

What is with you CoD and League players that you keep trying to determine the balance of the game by looking at the power of the noobtube? Running in and gunning everything seems very deep, balanced, and strategic eh? :|

Edit :
1. The whole thing about dota is to have EVERYONE carry tp scrolls and if anyone of importance is caught out, you teleport and save him at the cost of your OWN MONEY.
2. The whole thing about dota is if an AD carry is getting too much CS, you guys as a team have to DO SOMETHING. You kill him that's 5 mins down the drain for the guy. You threaten to push and he can't farm (even more effective if it's an AD carry that has not reached core items yet and thus as a result, dead weight)
3. The whole thing about dota is that the whole reason someone who is fed can 1v5 is because one cannot be fed if the other side IS A TEAM. Also AD heroes in DotA have what? a 15% chance to deal 150% bonus damage from the amazing 50% base damage? Yea that's some amazing killing potential right there. Hey wizard that can't scale and have spells that total up to 800 damage, look out! you're about to be hit for 50 damage. :|

The whole thing about LoL is to stick together like butt buddies and run around the map screaming about who to kill first.

You know what my favorite dota team compo is? 5 pushers. You want to teamfight? IT'LL NEVER HAPPEN.
You know what my favorite LoL team compo is? 1 tank, 1 ad carry, 1 ap mid, 1 jungle, 1 support.

You go and pick an AD carry on DotA designed to scale like a god with it's 15% stun chance, 400% crit damage, slow and lifesteal. You go do that while the other team has casters that have 2x 250 damage spells and a 500 damage ult. get your 25min core items. 30min tank item. 35min god item. Then go 1v5 the mages with your 2500hp + 50% mr + 70% ar + 1000dps + lifesteal + 30% evasion chance. While you do that the game ended at the 15min mark while you were still farming up CORE items. 1v5 =.=; only in LoL do you hear this nonsense.

Edit 2: DotA ap doesn't scale = result, ap is strong without gold and from the start. AD needs gold to become strong. Killing is a used to deny people gold. Please explain to me what your experiment's intent was. Was it oh say... give gold to someone who is useless without gold and then complain about how AP heroes (or worse! AD heroes) can't keep up when the whole deal was that AD heroes are garbage without gold? :| Sigh... only in league of legends.