How to lvl up faster, and get more IP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jerzeeboii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-12-2012

I'm speaking Mastery wise, I know in game I can lvl fast on a lane by myself.
But I want to get my mastery things up. Like my Offense/defense and stuff.

I been playing 5v5 against AI. And I get like 100 exp per match. I been content with this, since I'm very new to the game. I started playing about 2 days ago. And I'm not confident in playing players yet, till I can atleast beat Intermediate AI easily.

But yea, if the real players is where the EXP is, I'll most likely just learn from getting my butt whooped and gain EXP for my mastery's that way.

Oh and also, Influence Points? Wheres the best for that? I get like 100-200 from AI battles.

Thanks.

ProlarBear

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-12-2012

Play PvP. Bots have gotten better, but they're still a bad way to learn the game after your first few games. The latest I think you should be starting to play PvP is level 5~10. I believe that after a certain level, EXP and IP gain from bot games will be decreased, so PvP is probably the best way to get IP and levels. Don't worry about losing in PvP, because matchmaking will put you with other new players, but I'm warning you, you'll probably find a lot of smurfs in your first few games, but matchmaking will even out after a some games.

Just a tip, don't buy level 1~20 runes, only buy the 20+ ones. And there really is no trick to leveling up faster, other than just playing more games.

EvilMaxWar

04-12-2012

I second the above, play PvP to get better. Keep bot games to try out new characters or builds, stuff like that.

Also, you can use your free 400 RP to buy a 1 day XP or IP boost. I did that once when i had the luxury to spend most of the day playing and netted 3000 ip in the day.

alaskaneagle

04-12-2012

ello new player :-)

My first advice (mostly for pvp but useful in bots too) is "getting kills is a distant second to Not Dieing"

also the tier 1 runes are ok to buy. they give you a nice little boost for cheap, but never buy tier 2 runes. they give little extra and are not worth the ip. I buy a tier 1 rune every lvl till lvl 19.

The best way to lvl in this game is to have fun. If you aren't having fun you aren't going to play well anyway. So to keep it fun keep my first advise in mind, be patient when you do start pvp (if you have a bit of patience you will see the opponents make the mistakes instead of you), and don't forget to report the ones who rage at you, and the ones who sabotage your team or the opponents team (helps get them out of the game and make it more enjoyable for you and everyone:-)

I'd also suggest once you get to lvl 30 make a "smurf" (another account) so you can try out new champs without having to play other lvl 30's, and when trying out a new champ it's good ediquette to try it in bots a time or three before doing it in pvp to get a feel for their abilities and playstyle.

welcome to LoL and hope you enjoy your stay :-)

Uncanny Doom

04-12-2012

I'm a new player too, and I think you should try to get the basics down with champions on beginner bots and then just play PvP. The intermediate bots try to harass in some very unpractical ways very often and they don't play the lanes right. Trying to play with bots too long will create bad habits.

Once you have an idea of how to farm and build a character you should just take them to PvP.

Jerzeeboii

04-12-2012

Hm thanks for the advice. I'll give it a go.

Dualimpact

04-12-2012

Pretty much after about 20 bot games you will be ready to play pvp as you will be playing mostly people who are also new.

My advise is wait until you have 250 or so normal wins before starting ranked, and once you feel confident in blind pick move to draft. Players tend to treat draft more like a ranked game.

MonsterBelly123

07-21-2012

i think PVP is the best way to level cause bots dosent give you anything. in pvp you can get better but bots are for noobs

MonsterBelly123

07-21-2012

Pvp is the best way to level cuz bots are for noobs.But do bots when ur a begginer.because if you play pvp in like lvl 1 you suck so play bot in begginer. alsopvp gives WAY more ip then bots

Míley Dyrus

07-21-2012

You'll learn more from other players than AI. At your level no one can blame you for doing bad.