we want new maps

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheRealTouche

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-13-2012

it's not that no one cares, it's that we mostly gave up because of magma chamber, and wound up with dominion...

hey, what's dominion?

McDerp

04-13-2012

It's wroooong though. Of all the game modes they picked, it had to be a capture the flag mode.. Instead of going with what already works (regular pvp) and just making a brand new map, they spent a bunch of resources and time on something that's..well.. a bit of a failure. Dominion is fun, but it's too unbalanced to be played with champs designed for something else. a large 6v6 map however with thickly populated jungles would be awesome. Early game could start at lanes or in jungles, on either side of the map. Awesome early game strategies and ganks. <--- magma chamber.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-13-2012

10v10 would be hellacious. The time required to finish, the massive lag issues, the que time.... ew. Though, 2v2, 4v4, even 6v6 I could do. I feel we just need some more map variety.

Destroic

04-13-2012

Personally i think that 2v2 and 4v4 would be great to have. Then also add a 1v1 map. That would be a fun to have for people who have lag issues, and want to play quick. Those areant really a issue. I think they could mod a couple of the levels to be for 2v2/4v4/1v1. What i want to really see is more maps that resemble something like the orginal. Not dominion....

McDerp

04-13-2012

Yup, agreed with Destroicinic. Variations of the original game mode are best. There are aspects in the regular type LoL that aren't fully utilized in TT and SR. Jungling for one, smaller tactical 2v2 battles throughout the meta, minion importance, etc, etc. A large 6v6 heavy jungle map would be awesome.

Even though i'm a die hard SR, TT is still waay more balanced and fun than dominion. Sure, other game modes are fun, but first exhaust the original gameplay, ty!

AtDecay

Recruiter

04-13-2012

Yes! New maps would be great, and a lot of fun. Hopefully they finish the magma chamber though.

Enyane

04-13-2012

That magma chamber looks really cool. I would like to see a couple things, larger map and a game where they can't surrender until maybe an hour. I hate getting into games where your team or their team is constantly trying to surrender. Just finish the game! Maybe give a slight IP bonus for playing this type of game as of you don't know how long it will take. Also, bigger maps. I feel like Summoner's rift mid lane is just too small for some big team battles... Like to see a map much bigger, and also maybe fore objectives.

AlethiaArete

04-13-2012

Some new 5v5 maps would be cool too. I'm sure there are plenty of ways that a map could be built to cause different tactics for a 5v5 group.

Destroic

04-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enyane View Post
That magma chamber looks really cool. I would like to see a couple things, larger map and a game where they can't surrender until maybe an hour..
Yah i don't like surrendering but a lot of times people don't feel like finishing games in which they have no chance. It does get abused a lot for what its intent was. You can raise the time or even put a xp cut on surrendering

I don't think graphics is really a issue, the game is laggy for myself. I don't have a need to have increased graphics for maps. Its more about fundamentals. Which brings me into your post about size, size could be nice i know i like the size in TT(Twisted Tree Line) those lines are nice sized. Only issue i really tho have with SR Mid. Is the amount of Hidden Grass that is on that map. So much....

Anyway as i expressed earler lets just have more game modes 1v1 would be a really good success and edition to the game. So would 2 on 2. 4v4 is ok, but not rly a big need. Not like 1v1 and 2v2. Those with maps that bring out the original fundamentals of DOTA. That first attracted new, and old players to League of Legends.

Shiikan

04-13-2012

It took 2 years for Dominion, so you'll be waiting a while for a new map.