How to jungle and with who?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aesaura

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-12-2012

I'm pretty bored right now, been AP Taric since I first got the game, and I want to try out jungling. As my question suggests, how do you jungle, and who is a viable jungler?

Tell me:
Masteries
Summoner Spells
Items
Runes(?)
Priority of Skills
etc

I wouldn't mind if you link me to a good guide, I just need to know.

Kame Senpai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-12-2012

Too much to list. You have to give some specifics. Youre asking us to list every viable jungler in the game, and to list requirements for each one. No one is going to do about 15-20 of those.

Aesaura

Recruiter

04-12-2012

Oh, so each jungler has a specific way to jungle? Ok, tell me instead who are junglers?

Jorick

04-12-2012

There are tons of champions who can jungle. Take a look at stonewall008's Jungle Tier List. Those listed in the god tier and tiers 1 and 2 are generally considered the most viable junglers, though some have major weaknesses. Those in tier 3 or below are considered not so viable, with the lower you get being less viable for a jungler choice, though some of those have strengths in some areas that make them worth picking for certain team compositions. So... take it as a general guide to how viable champions are as junglers, but not as any set in stone rule for who can or cannot jungle.

For general guides on how to jungle, solomid.net has some decent ones. I'll link two that look good for starters and aren't out of date.

Jungling: A Beginner's Guide
Fundamentals of Jungling

Aesaura

Recruiter

04-12-2012

Haha, thanks jorick, I just found stonewall 20 minutes ago before checking back here, I'm really loving the idea of Maokai jungling.

ShadyGrave

04-12-2012

keep in mind stonewall jungles everyone. make sure you pick up a jungler who's supposed to be in the jungle.

ShadowStormLOL

04-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyGrave View Post
keep in mind stonewall jungles everyone. make sure you pick up a jungler who's supposed to be in the jungle.
This. His "jungle everyone" thing is awesome to get the feel for how to jungle, but not everybody should be jungled (doubly-true when you're learning!). Check out the tier list above, and maybe look at those in the upper tiers. I don't always love tier lists, but that's a good way to see who is at least generally considered a good choice.

I personally like to jungle Shyvana, Skarner, Cho'Gath, Jarvan IV, Gangplank, Nautilus, and Lee Sin. More or less in that order (because of personal preference, not because of competitive viability).

What champions (other than Taric) do you have? Or who would you like to learn? We can probably help a bit better if there's one champ in particular you want help with.

Costakid

04-12-2012

I'm a very good jungler if I had to say so myself and I can help you out with anything you need to know. Feel free to add me in game "Costakid" and I'll be willing to answer any questions you have and play a few games with you and give you a few pointers

RanceStoddard

04-12-2012

I think Warwick is the easiest to learn with because of his healing passive and his minimal skill ganking ability, and he's pretty cheap to buy. Even if you don't have good runes yet, you should be able to clear the jungle with some cloth armor and health potions.

The Blu Equine

04-12-2012

Udyr and Malphite both jungle really quickly (udyr a little quicker) and both jungle at relatively high health.