Journey Around Valoran (IC)

1234511 ... 14
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dwall96

02-22-2014

The Placidium, capital of the island of Ionia, appeared fresh and glowing today. A great day for adventuring! The man in charge of the new expedition, Mathias Daniels was sitting, writing on a piece of parchment paper. He looked around, he was creating a map of Placidium, for personal knowledge. His assistant, Drakkan Vol was striking a target dummy, getting ready for the adventure ahead of them.

Mathias heard chatting nearby and looked to the direction of the noise. With eyes widening, he noticed more than he expected from just a few posters. "Drakkan! Its time to start testing." Drakkan stopped what he was doing, walking over to his friend. "Very well. Lets see how this guys do."

Mathias grinned a little and chuckled shortly. He then introduced himself, "Hello one and all! I am the man you seek, Mathias Daniels, Grand Explorer. Poison Master. I seek individuals to join me on my adventure around Valoran. In order to deem you worthy, you must survive three minutes of fighting Drakkan here." He motioned over to Drakkan. Most being terrified to even look at the towering man.

"Alright, form a nice organized line. When it is your turn, tell me your name, and we will begin." Mathias continued. "Exceptions are to stand off to my side once finished with their turn. Failures to do so, sorry, but will be asked to return home. I will tell the accepted ones the reasoning of this adventure later on in privacy." He finished and looked at Drakkan and nodded. Drakkan nodded back, getting into a battle stance. "First up!"

As some people begin to notice as people start registering, Drakkan begins pummeling most of the participants at first. Some people cower in fear for their turn or even their friend's turn. Some brag about how easy it will. The last few mysterious people don't speak at all.
As of right now, no one has 'survived' Drakkan for three minutes. Who will be the first? Who will be able to join as the venturing party of Mathias Daniels?

((Alright all this is IC. Just post about getting in line, and be ready to fight Drakkan for three minutes. Your objective is not to defeat him, but to not get into any position where Drakkan could kill you. Disorienting, stunning, slowing, etc. will help you. Lastly of all, have fun guys.))

Unexisted

02-23-2014

( ̄Д ̄)ノ" I will go first."

AskCorpMundo

02-23-2014

Hope curiously wandered into the area where this was taking place. She had never been to Ionia before, and so far, she found it very beautiful. There were trees, and lakes everywhere, and everything was so calm, so quiet. Unlike Demacia, where everyone seemed to be getting on with sometimes, and always in a hurry. Here, it was as if time itself had stopped. She made her way over to where some men were standing around. It looked like one of them was volunteering to do something. Hope went to get a closer look.

Cryypter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2014

Ah, the Placidium. Tella had always imagined what it would be like, and it did not disappoint. She stood at the top of one of the many stairways, looking out at the vibrant trees and brilliant waterfalls, breathing in the fresh, clean air. After what seemed like hours, she finally tore herself away from the view and continued up the steps, passing by a giant floating crystal as she reached the top. She saw a commotion a short distance away, with people gathering around two rather rough looking men. This must be the place she thought as she made her way towards them, arriving shortly before Mathias introduced himself. She had been on an errand to one of the villages near the cloister when she noticed the flier advertising this expedition, and with the blessing of the elder, she set forth to learn more about the world.

Dwall96

02-23-2014

Mathias pointed at Agenor. "You there. Come forth. Surely, you know that you are not the first to try and prove yourself. And you can bet you won't be the last." He said in a remarking tone. He looked at the man prepared his quill by dipping it into an inkwell. "First and last name please." He looked down at the parchment as he awaited an answer.

Unexisted

02-23-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwall96 View Post
Mathias pointed at Agenor. "You there. Come forth. Surely, you know that you are not the first to try and prove yourself. And you can bet you won't be the last." He said in a remarking tone. He looked at the man prepared his quill by dipping it into an inkwell. "First and last name please." He looked down at the parchment as he awaited an answer.
(・_・) " Agenor Noir."

Thunderbird145

02-23-2014

Thunder was bored, but he patiently stood at the back of the line and waited. He had never been to Ionia before, or many places outside of the institute for that matter. Hopefully this adventure would let him see the world he only read about and do things other than summoning.

Dreampoucher

02-24-2014

Clyde hung upside-down on a nearby tree. "I think this is the place." he thought to himself. He decided to wait to get in line. "Judging by the rough-looking assistant, most of these participants will be crushed." he joked about.

Dwall96

02-24-2014

Mathias nodded and motioned to Drakkan. "Okay, you may begin. You have the first move, Agenor." He watched as the two were about to square off. Drakkan smirked as he saw the man and analyzed him shortly. "Alright," he said. "Come on then!" He continued. He stood tall, in a defensive stance, with his axe crossing his upper body. He squinted at the man to focus his vision on him.

Cryypter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-24-2014

As the day slowly wound onward, a young man wearily trudged up the final staircase leading to the Placidium. Taking a rest, he leaned on the stone railing overlooking a pool at the base of a waterfall, his heavy breathing slowly starting to diminish. I forgot how tiring normal travel can be, he mused inwardly, his eyes following the fish as they idly swam about. The P.S.S Eureka had returned to Piltover for maintenance, and would not be heading to Ionia for some time, leaving Kyther without his usual form of transportation. Thus he had caught a ship to the main island, and had flown as far as he could, until the mountainous ascent to the Ionian capital rendered his normal method of gliding unfeasible.

Having caught his breath, he hiked up his pack and continued on, winding down walkways and up stairs till he found the gathering for the expedition. As he approached, he noticed that the group was quite large, especially considering how far it was from the major mercenary dens. However, he was not there for money or glory (though the former didn't hurt), he had come out of scientific curiosity. There were many things to discover throughout Valoran, and often these sorts of expeditions led straight to them. Besides, it had been too long since he had had a real adventure, and he was starting to get a little restless.

1234511 ... 14