Noxian High Command (Ask Swain V2)

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tyrant Swain 2

Senior Member

09-23-2014

It was a dark and stormy night when Swain made the decision. It was not one he had taken lightly, with the constant presence of Assassins and Enemies along with idiots who tried asking too many Questions. Still, to a point he wanted to see what they would ask, and how they asked. He would have his Raedsel prepare, and when the storm outside ended, and the day truly began, Swain would open his doors to the Public. The Grand General had agreed to allow visitors of certain Standings to visit him and ask questions.

Noxian High Command was a very large building and a very imposing building. It was the kind of building that would be nearly impossible to siege properly as it's metallic outer shell made it extremely fire resistant and Anti-Magic Wards prevented all but the most powerful of spells penetrate in either direction. The building had few windows, but all of them could be shut from the inside to prevent forced entry and usually were closed. The building has basic electric utilities that were powered by underground generators that were constantly maintained. Even if you got into the building you'd find the marble walls and floors very difficult to destroy. Overall, the building seemed designed to stand fast against any Invasion or Siege that may come down upon it.

Noxian High Command was split into two parts: Actual High Command, and The Grand General's Domain. The Grand General's Home had Noxian Banners hung high, but otherwise very little fragile furniture was present. The Dining Hall could comfortably house 40 guests, and that number could jump up to 80 though the room required preparation beforehand and would be pretty cramped.

Swain's Study and Bedroom were adjacent for his convenience. The Bedroom could comfortably rest a family of Four and had a bird cage for Beatrice along with a very large closet that doubled as an Armory. Swain's Study had been covered over with wood and several bookshelves lined the walls. Only a select few knew the Study and Bedroom both had separate passageways that could be used to escape High Command if needed and both exited outside of Noxus.

Two Raedsel patrol around High Command at any given time, Two guard the front door, a few guard High Command itself but the rest are usually in Swain's Living Quarters. Overall, penetrating the Building seemed Impossible for anyone but the absolute best. It seemed to any outsider that No one got in without Swain or a General's Say-so.


(( Okay, to scrap old Roleplays, I am restarting my Thread. With these few exceptions, you must ask me if I am keeping specific roleplays fully canon:
Any interactions between LeBlanc, Singed, Mundo, Morgana, Annie, Vayne, and Irelia, if the one I was roleplaying with comes back, are to be resumed as normal.
Swain has met Nyat'Esra and has a Raedsel giving her Physical Training.
Qui'Los can keep the roleplay he has earned. Alice, I'll be dragging two posts over here and otherwise the roleplay may continue.

Here's a list of Mood Music for Swain (I own absolutely none of this music, I admittedly took one linked song from Tumblr Swain as well as several canons from both him and another Tumblr Swain.)
Also an Alternative Swain Tumblr Here ))


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tyrant Swain 2

Senior Member

09-23-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasmafan15 View Post
((Hey, I'm new to the forums. Just wanted to say I love your Swain representation. I just had to RP here, even if I only have a Demacian OC))

Alice had entered Noxus, having made sure she followed all conducts. She was no stranger to these things. The fund that she inherited was enough to cover her, allowing her access to Noxus. She roamed the streets, ignoring looks of disdain. Her Demacian clothes stuck out like a sore thumb. Still, not many people would be to keen on messing with the girl that was wielding a large, well groomed rifle. She proceeded forward, checking her map. She seemed to have found the residence of Swain.

She looked at the Raedsel with a blank stare. She did a quick curtsey to be formal. "Hello, I'm Alice. I would like to schedule a meeting with Swain. Yes, things look odd. A Demacian with a rifle seeking audience with Swain. Rest assured I just wish to speak." She explained, making a show of switching her rifle to 'safety mode.'
(( Swain's roleplayer blushes intensely. Oh stop it you! And I like your OC (Tomoe Mami is adorable <3) But before you read this post... Just remember, Noxus hates Demacia. ))

Before Alice had approached Noxian High Command, she was only met with glares and cold hostility. Noxus was not currently at war with Demacia, but generations of hatred persisted in every Noxian. Swain saw no reason to attempt to quell it as long as they did not attack. The Raedsel wanted nothing more than an excuse to remove her head from her soldiers, but they held back their instincts.

Still, the venom of several generations spat forth towards Alice and his distaste in her was clear.
"You need to put down your weapons, surrender your purse and submit to a Pat down. If you will comply, we will take you to him immediately. We will allow no funny business however, So we suggest you not make any abrupt movements." Before any of that happened, another Raedsel, a female yelled for them to stop. She immediately ran up to Alice.

"I apologize on their behalf... You must understand Demacia is not well-liked in Noxus, especially by her Soldiers. I will take you to Swain, but you will still need to submit any weapons and submit to a Pat down I will perform. I can assure you your possessions will be carefully treated and will be returned after the meeting." This Raedsel was less armored than the two almost statues at the gate and seemed much more well-mannered.

(( Dragging this from the Previous thread. ))


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tyrant Swain 2

Senior Member

09-23-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasmafan15 View Post
((Indeed! Best one of the Madoka characters!))
She bit her lip nervously. She knew Noxus and Demacia were not on good terms, but the hostility got from simply walking made her shiver. Still, she intended to speak with Swain. So as the Raedsel spoke to her as if she was a plague, she kept her poker face. She was about to retort to them, when a female voice made her turn. She looked over to see another guard approach. She felt nervous until she spoke.

"I...I don't suppose that I can cling onto it? Even if I unload it?" She asked, rocking on her heels. She didn't want her dads gift to her falling into the hands of the people she thinks killed her mother. She hugged her rifle closed to her chest. "I don't mind a pat down, as I've nothing to conceal, save a bit of ammo."

She looked to the other Raedsel, before looking away. This place was scary. Then again, a Noxian in Demacia would probably receive similar treatment. So she had to out herself in their shoes. She smile weakly at the female Raedsel.
"I'm sorry, but you cannot keep your firearm, even if you unload the ammunition. There have been incidents before where an unloaded Rifle was still deadly. We aren't doing this because you are Demacian, we are doing this because it is required of us." The woman says sympathetically. She takes a leap of faith to earn the girls trust and pulls off the Visor that the Raedsel wear that hide their faces and only show four red eyes.

The woman underneath had silver hair that was carefully put into her armor but it was clear the hair was longer than most would consider practical. Her expression was not in any way hostile, and she was clearly of Ionian Descent.
"I promise you your Rifle WILL be taken care of and you WILL get it back when you leave, but the people inside of Noxian High Command are important to the running of this Nation and we can't risk them getting killed, especially not Jericho."


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

plasmafan

Senior Member

09-23-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant Swain 2 View Post
"I'm sorry, but you cannot keep your firearm, even if you unload the ammunition. There have been incidents before where an unloaded Rifle was still deadly. We aren't doing this because you are Demacian, we are doing this because it is required of us." The woman says sympathetically. She takes a leap of faith to earn the girls trust and pulls off the Visor that the Raedsel wear that hide their faces and only show four red eyes.

The woman underneath had silver hair that was carefully put into her armor but it was clear the hair was longer than most would consider practical. Her expression was not in any way hostile, and she was clearly of Ionian Descent.
"I promise you your Rifle WILL be taken care of and you WILL get it back when you leave, but the people inside of Noxian High Command are important to the running of this Nation and we can't risk them getting killed, especially not Jericho."
Alice sighed. She unwillingly held out the gun, hands shaking. It was clear that the rifle had a lot of sentimental value. She hoped that her Rifle remained unharmed. But she supposed this is what she should have seen coming when she wished to speak with Swain. She had a tough choice to make. However, she felt she couldn't back out of it. She came this far, and she told herself nothing would happen to her rifle.

"Please don't let it get harmed." She said, between clenched teeth. She reluctantly loosened her grip so it could be taken. She held out her arms so that the pat down could be performed. All that would come out of it was some ammo. Other than that, she had nothing of value that could be used as a weapon. She seemed bored and irritated. However, the Ionian woman had ultimately tipped the scales. She complied and went along with the rules because she felt she could trust at least one person.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tyrant Swain 2

Senior Member

09-23-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasmafan15 View Post
Alice sighed. She unwillingly held out the gun, hands shaking. It was clear that the rifle had a lot of sentimental value. She hoped that her Rifle remained unharmed. But she supposed this is what she should have seen coming when she wished to speak with Swain. She had a tough choice to make. However, she felt she couldn't back out of it. She came this far, and she told herself nothing would happen to her rifle.

"Please don't let it get harmed." She said, between clenched teeth. She reluctantly loosened her grip so it could be taken. She held out her arms so that the pat down could be performed. All that would come out of it was some ammo. Other than that, she had nothing of value that could be used as a weapon. She seemed bored and irritated. However, the Ionian woman had ultimately tipped the scales. She complied and went along with the rules because she felt she could trust at least one person.
"I can assure you your rifle will be handled with the utmost delicacy." The Ionian woman said. Another Raedsel, one carrying a large Crossbow in his hands approached. However, he quickly holstered the weapon before taking the gun gently from the Ionian Woman. The man seemed quite experienced as he showed proper Trigger Discipline even with an unloaded weapon and would hold the ammo separately. The gun only touched gloves, never the ground and never any armor and it was clear they took the condition of the weapon VERY seriously.

The woman then began the Pat Down. She was skilled and dexterous, finding any hidden weapons and leaving anything else where it was. It was over before Alice even realized it.
"All right then, come with me." She said to the adolescent woman. The one with the Shield pulled out a key and unlocked the door, letting them both in before locking it behind them. "Just knock on the door from the inside, he'll open it." She said briefly before guiding Alice to Swain. Alice would notice a few Noxian Banners proudly displayed, but no vases or anything.

When they arrived, The Raedsel knocked in a very strange rhythm that was hard to track, waited approximately five seconds and then opened the door. Swain was wearing his Grand General Regalia and Beatrice was on his shoulder.
"Come in Demacian." Swain said with an even and non-venomous tone.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lil Bearcharmer

Senior Member

09-23-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant Swain 2 View Post
The Raedsel instantly recognized Annie, the most powerful Fire Mage in the world... besides Brand, but Brand wasn't exactly human anyway. The one with the Shield answered first. "We recognize your power, Annie Hastur. You may indeed speak with The Grand General." The one with the Warhammer replied after. "That's the Intention." Immediately after that, the one with the Shield unlocked the door and would lead Annie inside. There was absolutely no point in searching her for concealed weapons as even if the building was fire-proofed as much as possible she still had more than enough power to render that point moot.

When the Raedsel got to Swain's Study, he knocked twice and waited five seconds before opening the door, Swain was handling paperwork when the door was open.
"Ah, Annie, what an unexpected surprise. Do come in." Swain said and motioned inside. The Raedsel that had escorted her here had seemingly vanished before she could look for him. Swain put aside his paperwork when Annie entered the room. "To what do I owe the pleasure?" He asks in a formal and respectful way.
Before Annie entered she stuck her tounge out at the guy with the warhammer, before giggling and pulling a slingshot out from under her dress, tossing it to him. "I'm gonna want that back when I'm done." With that she skipped through the doors and into the building. She glanced around, appraising the warding on the building, not just fire, but various other magical protections. "Wow, most people would be hard pressed to use any type of magic here." She spoke respectfully to the man that lead her.

As she entered Swain's room she smiled at him, shifting Tibbers into her left hand she stuck it out for a shake. "Well I decided that I am old enough to make my own decisions about things, and Mommy and Daddy have told me to talk to the people in charge to get my answers." She spoke with a lot of energy, smiling happily. "I have decided that in the future that the grey order deserves to have a spot in this world, though where it will be is yet to be decided." Swain would notice that the Annie he spoke to would seem much more mature than usual. "I would also love to meet whoever placed your wards, they have nothing on me, but they are powerful."


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tyrant Swain 2

Senior Member

09-24-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cute Meepo Thing View Post
Meepo was walking down Noxus as he chewed on the piece of wheat in his mouth. He kept his shovel ready just in case anyone tried reaching into his pack as he neared the command center of that bird guy Swain. 'He's got many, maybe we can do a little be a business.' Meepo looked up at the guards out front and said, "Hey! I wanna see the Lord Swain, I gotta deal for him."
The Two Raedsel look curiously towards the Earth Rat as he approaches. They whisper between each other before the creature is presumed earshot.
"The hell is that?"
"Ally of Twitch maybe?"
"It's heading this way."
The exchange is brief as the creature continues to approach before stopping and asking to 'Deal' with the Grand General. The look down cautiously towards the creature.

"And just what may require the business of the Grand General?" The one with the Warhammer asks, his voice seemed to have some ambiance even when he didn't intend it and it didn't seem like Subtlety was this man's strong suit... His Strong Suit was clearly the heavy armor and giant Warhammer attached to his back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Bearcharmer View Post
Before Annie entered she stuck her tongue out at the guy with the warhammer, before giggling and pulling a slingshot out from under her dress, tossing it to him. "I'm gonna want that back when I'm done." With that she skipped through the doors and into the building. She glanced around, appraising the warding on the building, not just fire, but various other magical protections. "Wow, most people would be hard pressed to use any type of magic here." She spoke respectfully to the man that lead her.

As she entered Swain's room she smiled at him, shifting Tibbers into her left hand she stuck it out for a shake. "Well I decided that I am old enough to make my own decisions about things, and Mommy and Daddy have told me to talk to the people in charge to get my answers." She spoke with a lot of energy, smiling happily. "I have decided that in the future that the grey order deserves to have a spot in this world, though where it will be is yet to be decided." Swain would notice that the Annie he spoke to would seem much more mature than usual. "I would also love to meet whoever placed your wards, they have nothing on me, but they are powerful."
The man with the Warhammer caught the slingshot easily. He closed and locked the door behind her when she finished her first statement and amusingly found a rock nearby. He tested how strong the material was before putting the rock in, pulling the string back and releasing it... a loud 'OW!' was heard a few seconds after as the man chuckled and turned back to his post.

Inside, Warden commented back to Annie.
"For whatever comfort it may come as to you, the Wards only repel magic, they do not prevent it's use on either side." Before Warden could start his next statement, a light 'OW!' could be heard. "It's a design that allows the building protection from Sieges as well as makes it much more difficult to destroy this place, but still allows Swain to defend himself should he require. Even as he does exercise, he's not exactly Darius." He explained on the way there.

When they finally got to Swain's Sutdy, the Raedsel knocked in a strange, rhythmic way that was difficult to keep track of. He opened the door approximately five seconds after, where Swain and Beatrice were waiting. There were some papers on there and it seemed like he was working beforehand.
"Ah, Annie! Please, do come in." Swain said and motioned inside. He listened as Annie made her intention clear, to carve a place in the world for the Gray Order. Swain respected that... He'd have to plan ahead for it, but he respected that. "Thank you for telling me this. I assure you that if The Gray Order does not intend to become a problem for Noxus I see no reason not to support your efforts to carve out a place for yourselves." Swain said simply.

"As to the Anti-Magic Wards, they were originally a collaborative effort by a group that has since died off... A shame that, but one of my Raedsel currently maintains the magic within them and should, for all intents and purposes, be able to teach you how to make Runes capable of replicating the magic, albeit perhaps not as powerful as the Original Enchantments that have since lost some of their potency."


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

plasmafan

Senior Member

09-24-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant Swain 2 View Post
"I can assure you your rifle will be handled with the utmost delicacy." The Ionian woman said. Another Raedsel, one carrying a large Crossbow in his hands approached. However, he quickly holstered the weapon before taking the gun gently from the Ionian Woman. The man seemed quite experienced as he showed proper Trigger Discipline even with an unloaded weapon and would hold the ammo separately. The gun only touched gloves, never the ground and never any armor and it was clear they took the condition of the weapon VERY seriously.

The woman then began the Pat Down. She was skilled and dexterous, finding any hidden weapons and leaving anything else where it was. It was over before Alice even realized it.
"All right then, come with me." She said to the adolescent woman. The one with the Shield pulled out a key and unlocked the door, letting them both in before locking it behind them. "Just knock on the door from the inside, he'll open it." She said briefly before guiding Alice to Swain. Alice would notice a few Noxian Banners proudly displayed, but no vases or anything.

When they arrived, The Raedsel knocked in a very strange rhythm that was hard to track, waited approximately five seconds and then opened the door. Swain was wearing his Grand General Regalia and Beatrice was on his shoulder.
"Come in Demacian." Swain said with an even and non-venomous tone.
Alice walked behind the woman, still frustrated that she couldnt keep herbeifle. She followed the Raedsel guard closely, looking around the room. She wasn't in the best mood, but she went with things. She heard Swain beckon her, so she entered.

"General Swain, pleasure to meet you!" She said, doing a swift curtsey. Her tone was very formal. Moving matters forward, she had come for a reason. "I would like to know a few things. The first, being how did you meet the Raven? I've always wondered about that. Second, can you give any advice or pull some strings? Its my drea- goal to become a champion. You seized power over noxus, so I assume this is an easier task in comparison."


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tyrant Swain 2

Senior Member

09-24-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cute Meepo Thing View Post
Meepo gave the men a smile that revealed his gold tooth as he put his shovel to the ground, "I don't wanna cause any trouble. I'm a digger y'know and I can get many valuable materials from Shurima desert and it's many ruins. I got plenty of gems and ores in my bag right now he could be interested in. Ya mind if mah friends join me? We won't be attacking your master, it'll just make me feel safer y'know?"
"Unless your Artifacts have an Innate Magical Power within them, Jericho is not a Curator." The Raedsel with the Warhammer says bluntly. The one with the Sword replies soon after. "However, there are still people in Noxus or even the Shurima Itself who may be interested in what you have to offer. If you like, I could try to have someone interested share contact information." He offers graciously. Technically they could just chase him out, but putting in 5 minutes of effort could actually yield a better and more permanent solution.
Quote:
Originally Posted by plasmafan15 View Post
Alice walked behind the woman, still frustrated that she couldnt keep herbeifle. She followed the Raedsel guard closely, looking around the room. She wasn't in the best mood, but she went with things. She heard Swain beckon her, so she entered.

"General Swain, pleasure to meet you!" She said, doing a swift curtsey. Her tone was very formal. Moving matters forward, she had come for a reason. "I would like to know a few things. The first, being how did you meet the Raven? I've always wondered about that. Second, can you give any advice or pull some strings? Its my drea- goal to become a champion. You seized power over noxus, so I assume this is an easier task in comparison."
(( Just an FYI I am using New Lore for the most part. That said... I am still willing to roleplay with those who use Old Lore as may be appropriate. ))

'And of course the Demacian wants to ask personal favors...' Swain thinks to himself. "How I met Beatrice is something that is kept between Her and Myself. Do not take this personally, but there are details of my life I don't disclose to anyone just as there are certain details of your life you would not disclose to a complete stranger.

And as to your request of becoming a Champion, I cannot 'Pull some strings' to make that happen. This is because every Champion is an extraordinary individual who's Life Accomplishments put them in a category above everyone else in their field. For example, there are many individuals capable of throwing Axes, but not one person in the world have I met that can spin, throw, and catch axes in any degree similar to Draven. To become a Champion you must find a feat absolutely no one else in the world can accomplish or top just to get the Institute to Notice you, much less actually become a Champion."


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

plasmafan

Senior Member

09-24-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant Swain 2 View Post
(( Just an FYI I am using New Lore for the most part. That said... I am still willing to roleplay with those who use Old Lore as may be appropriate. ))

'And of course the Demacian wants to ask personal favors...' Swain thinks to himself. "How I met Beatrice is something that is kept between Her and Myself. Do not take this personally, but there are details of my life I don't disclose to anyone just as there are certain details of your life you would not disclose to a complete stranger.

And as to your request of becoming a Champion, I cannot 'Pull some strings' to make that happen. This is because every Champion is an extraordinary individual who's Life Accomplishments put them in a category above everyone else in their field. For example, there are many individuals capable of throwing Axes, but not one person in the world have I met that can spin, throw, and catch axes in any degree similar to Draven. To become a Champion you must find a feat absolutely no one else in the world can accomplish or top just to get the Institute to Notice you, much less actually become a Champion."
She shrugged at his refusal to speak of his raven. She knew he did all kinds of icky deals and stuff to get power, so she probably was involved somewhere. or not. Alice didn't know, it was more out of curiosity. As for his champion remarks. She thought about her feats with a rifle. She wasn't anythign like Caitlyn when it came to aim, but she had something Caitlyn didn't: Magic. She may be young, but she had talent for sure. Still, maybe Swain could help her find ways to get the institute to notice her.

"I understand you can't directly allow them to place me in champion status. However, do you have any ideas on things I can do to get the institute to notice me then? I know this sounds odd, but I sought your aid for a reason. Having the greatest mind in Valoran assisting me is a surefire way to accomplish my goal." She said, determined to convince him to help. She didn't come all this way for nothing after all. She was run dry of ideas. She couldn't clean up Demacia's crime. She was only a girl with a rifle, a dream, and determination.


123