Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Game Performance Hotfix and an Update on Hecarim

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vocaliized

04-17-2012

Quote:
Ascendent:
Because Riot isn't as big as Blizzard obviously, do you think before you type or proof read before you submit yourself? Blizzard has made billions, they have a lot more employees than Riot so comparing a smaller company to one of epic size like blizzard is down right stupid. Also I'm sure Dota 2 won't always get patches out on time either, no company is perfect.

Doesnt matter how big they are derpington. Blizzard didnt start out as a billions of dollars worth company and they have still always come through.

Also, what does the size of the team have anything to do with compensation.

PS. Apple was created by two people in a garage who built a macbook from scratch.

ProLogin

04-17-2012

Quote:
Vocaliized:
I've been in the DOTA 2 beta since it was started and they do a way better job then Riot. I think there has been maybe one delay which they compensated for by releasing two heroes at once while keeping us consistently updated. That's the beta that does that not even the real game yet and they are already doing better.

Holy ****, REALLY? Oh wait... that's right. IT'S A FREAKING BETA! Of course they would be releasing content and updating info as it goes on. Now, wait when the full game has been released as long as League of Legends has been out for, and then you may talk.

Kthxbai ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Btw, MUST HAVE HECARIM! (ノಠ益&#3232

Vocaliized

04-17-2012

Quote:
Ascendent:
Are you really that naive? I've played DOTA before it was even popular back in Warcraft 3, all those champs they released are champs that were already created.

They are the same heroes yes. All remodeled though, all have to go through the same tests and things that a brand new champion in League would go through.

Wackumsticks

04-17-2012

[QUOTE=Vocaliized;23307655]Do you think before you type? Do you proof read what you say before you hit submit? You make yourself look downright silly. If you set a time for something to be released whether its a game, an update, a patch, an expansion, or anything for that matter you better do it by that date. If you cant then you need to warn the consumers and compensate ahead of time. Well ahead of time, not on the day the event is supposed to happen.

If you look at any successful business then this is the case and since Riot gets money to buy their champions (more money I've spent on any game considering that each champion is like $10 plus a skin if I want it) then the consumers get to complain about whatever they want. There should be no week delay. Its unacceptable. Blizzard is a well respected company with games WAY bigger than anything riots attempted and the longest they have taken to fix "bugs" has been like a day or two at the most.

Now if that's possible for a game like World of Warcraft, StarCraft, and Diablo then why wouldn't it be possible for a MOBA like League of Legends. DOTA 2 always gets it's patches out on time. Bottom line is that if you aren't meeting the needs and expectations of the consumer then you need to compensate in some way.[/QUOTE

There are two sides to this coin, but insulting people isn't the best way to get people to listen to you. You're correct is saying that players have a right to complain. Everyone has a right to complain about whatever they want to, no matter how absurd the complaint. Problem is, nobody at Riot cares that you're complaining. They are working hard to get a patch out and they're going to release it whenever its ready. You have a right to demand compensation as well, but Riot probably doesn't care about you in this regard either. You purchases a skin? So what? You can still use the skin you purchased, they aren't denying you what you bought. You want compensation for not getting new content when they said you'd get it? Complain to every game developer that has pushed back the release date on a game, and then we'll talk. You get compensated in WoW because you are paying for every day of lost time, and they get patches out faster because they have a much larger group of people working on hotfixing. Riot provides for you a free service. Any compensation you get from them will be out of the goodness of their heart, not because you deserve it.

TLDR: If you're fed up with the way Riot is handling their patches, why don't you just leave? Take your money elsewhere. Complaining now, buying new champions and skins in the future, and then continuing to complain in the future whenever things don't go the way you want them to seems strange, don't you think?

Vocaliized

04-17-2012

You're right. Too long didnt bother reading.

Ascendent

04-17-2012

Quote:
Vocaliized:
They are the same heroes yes. All remodeled though, all have to go through the same tests and things that a brand new champion in League would go through.

No actually Champions in League need to be completely designed from scratch, mechanics and all. When Valve takes a Hero from DOTA they already know what that Hero is going to do.

Inbred Mountain

04-17-2012

just noticed that they have put the message saying that mastery pages will be wiped in the next patch back up on the homepage of the client, looks like the patch is coming sometime soon, hopefully later today or tomorrow

J2E Starnips

04-17-2012

Anyways! RARA where is update on the patch. I R CURIOUS!!

BlueCasterMinion

04-17-2012

patch tmw ? the blue statues bar was changed

Woot Elite

04-17-2012

Quote:
Ascendent:
Because Riot isn't as big as Blizzard obviously, do you think before you type or proof read before you submit yourself? Blizzard has made billions, they have a lot more employees than Riot so comparing a smaller company to one of epic size like blizzard is down right stupid. Also I'm sure Dota 2 won't always get patches out on time either, no company is perfect.

Dota 2 will not release champions out as quickly or nearly as often as Riot does. Dota 2 will Stay at pretty much the same amount for months to years at a time, but will have balance and adjustment patches. Although I enjoy Dota 2 I still find league to be the much better experience is terms of just playing. Dota 2 may have it on features that are awesome and cool and work very well and Valve has always had good products albeit not always release within the same decade they said It was. Blizzard on the otherhand has not made Billions They don't horde money like you think. Almost 80% of the money world of warcraft makes is put right back into the game for content updates to server usage payroll etc. These company you think just had bags upon bags on cash lying around while they laugh at you for giving it too them isn't true if it was they would of been out of business long ago. Even activision who I dislike because I find all COD games to be of poor to average quality due to the fact they're geared competly for console players. 30 fps with a 70 FOV on COD for pc is just an insult, but that's another topic for another day. And I do compare Riot games to blizzard because it's not the size of the company it's how good they are. I think Riot is the next blizzard in terms of company and terms of games quality Although I find it hard to beat Diablo 2 in terms of game play and just pure replay value I find league of legends comes close because of the fact champions are released on a good time basis. so in other words this is a long wordy paragraph about how you should just wait and expect something good to come out of it. Riot is trying their best to make sure things flow well and the game can be played. I do not want another Leona patch where they released it and the servers exploded due to some unfound error that made it so the EU couldn't even get the patch. so just wait and if you really need to play the new champion he is available on the PBE and you can play him there. Although remember to report bugs you find while doing it.