Reginald's Ezreal Tutorial/ Highlight

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ripplez

08-09-2010

i thought that in the video he was describing things that were going to happen in the next *segment* of the scenario. while there wasnt a big focus on what to do and tips and things, there was a few things in the video, like running backwards and throwing mystic shot forward, rine and repeat

id be interested in knowing not just why you get berserker greavs which you explain but why greaves over mercury treads, since mercury treads is a pretty strong item :| i thought it was standard pick other than sorcerors shoes

but i do agree, it would be nice if there was more explanation fo things and more tips and tricks and combos. a very solid thing the guide taught me was that ezrael can be a force to be reckoned with even from across the wall, so arcane shift lets you gain defense without sacrificng much offense. more things like that would be nice. it was an ok guide otherwise, some of the footage showed some things to try out

UnholyPrint

08-09-2010

O hello Ripplez!

Tubesteak

08-09-2010

Not a bad video, but just like your Shaco, it more shows your highlites as that champ rather than being a tutorial. Phreak does a good job of analyzing his tactics and why they're effective. Perhaps some more X&O's/numbers analysis would help.

What makes Ezrael work so well early?
What are some tactics you use at solo mid to take advantage of Ez's Q and E abilities?
What are some good/bad matchups for Ez at mid? And how do you minimize the bad matchups and take advantage of the good matchups?
You also talked about the equipment you purchased, but that looked like a mid/late game build. What are your first items? What is your purchase order? Why Brutalize first over Sheen? Do you finish your lvl 2 boots first or finish Brutalize & Sheen first?

You're a good player and while I do enjoy a good highlite clip as much as anyone, it doesn't make for a great tutorial. But you are new at this and I see a lot of similarities between your stuff now and Phreak's early work. His stuff got a lot better over time and hopefully yours will as well.

niskax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-09-2010

Fails at Runepage. Non-primary crit chance and crit damage is stupid on Ezreal, as neither affect his Q. Dodge/MP5 and MR/CDR primaries would be better, and Flat health or movement speed quints are arguably more effective.

BTW "I tell my jungler to give me red/blue buff and take mid so I can gank" is hilarious advice. Unlikely in solo queue, and dubious in 5s.

Bloodkin

08-09-2010

Fail saw u type in that it was your smurf account. U were playing noobs.

lolvEntt

08-09-2010

I lol'd at him clicking the direction of his Q.

Also, that was not a tutorial. "As you can see, I keep up my arcane shift incase of a gank, *arcane shift initiates*, so here's morgana.... I let garen take her shackle, so I can kill her..." For a top ranked player, you have a terrible ability to actually tell what's going on right in front of you.

larkhill

08-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolvEntt View Post
Also, that was not a tutorial. "As you can see, I keep up my arcane shift incase of a gank, *arcane shift initiates*, so here's morgana.... I let garen take her shackle, so I can kill her..." For a top ranked player, you have a terrible ability to actually tell what's going on right in front of you.

this alone makes this video terrible.

you also showed a lot of kills against bad's. hell, that panth literally ran into your Q and a lot of the others did as well. there was no strategy on how to use your Q to harass or map awareness for your ult or some of the better walls to arcane shift through. its rather silly how much you missed.

though this was a good spotlight video, calling it a guide is strange...

lolvEntt

08-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkhill View Post
this alone makes this video terrible.
Yea, that's when I turned it off. lol

Firrox

08-09-2010

Not really a tutorial.