Which solo top mage?

Vladmir 10 18.52%
Rumble 11 20.37%
Kennen 9 16.67%
Swain 11 20.37%
Mordekaiser 13 24.07%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Which tanky mage?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Meserion

04-12-2012

none, Gragas superior because he can handle multiple situations, Mordekaiser is an antimage, against carrys he gets wrecked.

Rumble has very little ranged and can get outranged by carrys again.

Vlad belongs in mid not top because he cannot solo vs. 2 champions and be successful everytime.

the same goes for Swain and Kennen.

Lerry the Lebster

04-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meserion View Post
none, Gragas superior because he can handle multiple situations, Mordekaiser is an antimage, against carrys he gets wrecked.

Rumble has very little ranged and can get outranged by carrys again.

Vlad belongs in mid not top because he cannot solo vs. 2 champions and be successful everytime.

the same goes for Swain and Kennen.
While I agree picking top laners depends on who you are against, this dude doesn't really know what he's talking about. Dyrus played Vlad top in the championship for the tournament last weekend. Kennen is an amazing top laner, and I believe Swain is at least viable in certain situations (he would take a big poop on Vlad)

Quote:
Vlad belongs in mid not top because he cannot solo vs. 2 champions
This doesn't make any sense to me. First of all, Vlad can easily tower hug and survive better than most champs would 2v1. He has great sustain and a good escape. Second of all, when do you ever see 2 people in top lane unless you are playing normal? Never, that's when. And if they do just play safe and outlever/farm them.

Kennen can also easily farm with tower hugging, and he has an amazing escape.

Also, Gragas is far more viable in mid unless you already know he counters the other team's top lane.

I am are confused.

McDerp

04-12-2012

Veigar.

Quick Rawr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-12-2012

Depends on their pick, however overall doing well against the enemy I would say that Rumble/Vlad/Swain would all be quite viable and decently strong. Once you hit your gun, you'll have some decent sustain and they all have CC/escape of sorts.

hotfire

04-12-2012

Yeah can't forget gragas or galio either. Or singed, it's a fine line between beefy Mage and off tank

LegitKajit

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-24-2012

Noob wow wtf where the hell is maokai?? Are you retarded? Maokai is the bestt ap tank inn teh game!!!! Not sure if troll or jsut stupid!!

The Blu Equine

04-24-2012

leave maokai in the jungle where he belongs. I've been having a blast top lane with vlad lately.

HighFiveAtomBomb

04-25-2012

moakai my friend, a passive that heals for 7% of his HP on attacks.

also other than poppy, he has the highest natural def of any champ.

plus his ult which is 20% less damage inside it.

and finally most people when they see a maokai lock in they assume jungle, most solo tops will run MR blues and AR yellows, maokai makes the AR yellows pretty much a waste and with my rune set up (MPen Reds AP flat yellows or AR yellows, MR blues, Quints situational, normally 1-2 MS 1 flat AP 1 MPen) makes their yellows pretty much moot other than when ganks happen