Overpowered champions!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Janna Windforce

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamahl View Post
But as a melee hero fighting against him, you dont, or if your trying to last hit creeps against him, you dont, if your running from him and having a hard time making distance you dont.. I mean you just stack AP on him and spam the cards every two seconds. Not to mention it strikes multiple units..
I play Warwick and Twisted Fate, and it's not hard for me to dodge cards. Devote more of your attention to it and anticipate when he'll throw and you'll do fine.

Hint: Most twisted fates are terrible and spam on cooldown at the place you were standing.

Morgana's shield is really ridiculous. It's not stupid OP, but it definitely needs to be toned down. Possibly just absorb damage instead of disable effects as well.

Edit: On Ryze, it doesn't matter if you take him as a team. If it's four of you vs him, yah you won't get one shot but he'll probably get a double kill. Now, if it's five of you vs him and two team mates he pretty much forces your team into BS situations. Stay spread out? Evelynn and Twitch pop on a squishy and kill them before you know what happens. Stick together? Better hope he's the only AoE or you have magic resist. That or have SVU on speed dial because you'll need it.

Rev

Adjudicator

07-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faro View Post
Edit: On Ryze, it doesn't matter if you take him as a team. If it's four of you vs him, yah you won't get one shot but he'll probably get a double kill. Now, if it's five of you vs him and two team mates he pretty much forces your team into BS situations. Stay spread out? Evelynn and Twitch pop on a squishy and kill them before you know what happens. Stick together? Better hope he's the only AoE or you have magic resist. That or have SVU on speed dial because you'll need it.
Pick on Ryze more. You have to keep him in check. He's squishy as hell and easy to gank with a little coordination. If you have 4 team members on him and he doesn't just get turned into a thin, red paste immediately then you let him farm way too much or someone on your team has been feeding him all game. He shouldn't ever be tough to kill AND still be ultra-lethal.

Ca8UfM31mO9xRYRT

07-29-2009

If 4 of anyone is required to counter 1 of anyone (assuming decent gameplay from both teams), it's a problem in my opinion.

But like I said, I don't think that's the problem.
The problem is more like 4 of anyone will have decent enough difficulty against evelynn and rhyze that it warrants concern, for example.

Potions

07-29-2009

Ryze is definitely the best nuker in the game. Although he can come out with a ton of burst damage, he is fragile enough to be killed without much effort.

Although, it is annoying to see noob players getting kills because of his ridiculous damage output.

Vangu

07-29-2009

I hate Amumu hands down. It takes 3-4 people all armed with stuns to get him down...

cwatz

Adjudicator

07-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
Ryze is definitely the best nuker in the game. Although he can come out with a ton of burst damage, he is fragile enough to be killed without much effort.

Although, it is annoying to see noob players getting kills because of his ridiculous damage output.
Best raw burst nuking yes. Best nuker/dps caster there is a ton of competition. Annie is an extremely good nuker as well as karthas who is arguably the best of the 3 (though he is certainly one of the more difficult champions to play so I dont think you will see as many people being dominant with him in lower brackets.)

Wilky

07-30-2009

Banshee veil > Ryze btw

Cloud Strife

07-30-2009

Hero that can push a lane alone for instant Twist is a bit overwhelming. You can't stop him from farming nor can you really harass him. Ryze is just a hero killer, not that good at pushing early game nor mid if he was not fed. I don't mine hero killers as much as a hero that can lead a team single handily in pushing a lane down.

MDprodigy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-30-2009

Hmm. I've played approx. 60+ games and random hero selection about 30+ and I haven't really notice any OP heroes yet. Twist - you can just dodge his cards and if he tele to heal then push that lane hard. Ryze - boost spell / flash works great and you can also get armor against it. Amumu - boost and lifesteal crit gear. So from what i've seen there's a counter for everyone. Just adapt to who your playing against and you should be fine.

Teran

07-30-2009

It's interesting how my perspective on overpowered heroes is different from others. When I end up in a lane with twisted fate I know one of two things will happen. Either he'll be awful and pose virtually no threat to me at all, or he'll be quite talented and I'll have to focus a lot on dodging his cards. Even in the later case, I don't feel he is over powered, I have to take certain considerations for any hero on the opposite side of the lane as me... though the only more annoying opponent is lich guy.

On the other hand Ryze can be brutal with his mix of root and ultimate but he's built for that sort of thing and is lacking in other areas. You need to adjust your strategy based on your opponent, if you find yourself over powered by one person playing a specific champion, look at how they are beating you and figure out what you can do to overcome it. 1v1 you should never be without options, 2v1 you might be in trouble.