Overpowered champions!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TL Phrost

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-27-2009

warwick is easy to kill, granted he becomes much better with items its not impossible to stomp him early game

Lifeform

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-28-2009

I can't believe there's been so little mention of Morgana. Her shield single-handedly ruins games. It's the only thing right now that makes me hesitant to get too excited about this game, because if that shield somehow makes it to launch there's no way I want to get this game. It's that offensive.

Rhyze isn't that rediculous because his ult is only good in certain situations. Granted those situations are more common than maybe they should be, because the spell acts as both chain frost and eclipse, in that 2 lone enemies die instantly and so does 1 lone enemy, but I find it is limited to being a fairly below-average nuke in a team fight.

Repo

07-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeform View Post
I can't believe there's been so little mention of Morgana. Her shield single-handedly ruins games. It's the only thing right now that makes me hesitant to get too excited about this game, because if that shield somehow makes it to launch there's no way I want to get this game. It's that offensive.

Rhyze isn't that rediculous because his ult is only good in certain situations. Granted those situations are more common than maybe they should be, because the spell acts as both chain frost and eclipse, in that 2 lone enemies die instantly and so does 1 lone enemy, but I find it is limited to being a fairly below-average nuke in a team fight.
If you don't buy a game because of a shield that isn't op, I feel bad for you. Its one skill that doesn't ruin the game like many are saying. ITS ONE SKILL, that is a very good skill but not overpowered.

TenToedPete1

Adjudicator

07-29-2009

the only champion i would consider "overpowered" at the moment is cardmaster, with his rapid fire cards dominating all stages of the game. Morgana has a strong sheild, that probably needs to be toned down, but the rest of her is solid. Ryze/warwick/evelynn are really not too powerful. In the hands of a good player they will do well, but nowhere near being overpowered

LostSailor

07-29-2009

Straight up, the only truly OP champion is Ashe.

Teirdome

07-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSailor View Post
Straight up, the only truly OP champion is Ashe.
If Ashe doesn't lane for at least half the game, she's pathetic. She may be the best carry, but she is also the easiest to stop. Stick a disabler or Evelynn on her and she's toast.

I would argue that she should have her ultimate reduced in damage by 5-15%, but only if Ryze's ultimate is reduced by the same amount. Ryze is a better carry mid-game that Ashe because of the damage output from the ult.

Kamahl

07-29-2009

The Card Flipper really needs a longer cooldown on that nuke. Its argued that its easy to dodge, well perhaps if your across screen with a ton of time to react. But as a melee hero fighting against him, you dont, or if your trying to last hit creeps against him, you dont, if your running from him and having a hard time making distance you dont.. I mean you just stack AP on him and spam the cards every two seconds. Not to mention it strikes multiple units..

Sythion

07-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teirdome View Post
If Ashe doesn't lane for at least half the game, she's pathetic. She may be the best carry, but she is also the easiest to stop. Stick a disabler or Evelynn on her and she's toast.
I dunno about that. She's got pretty good kiting, especially if she picks defensive summoner spells. Makes her have good survivability.

Ca8UfM31mO9xRYRT

07-29-2009

I think the main problems are as one person pointed out that nearly all of the champions (if not all) are extremely powerful so it's difficult to point at any one of them as a culprit.

But when people say things like Rhyze, Morgana, and Evelynn aren't overpowered I really think that comment misses the underlying question of what happens with their synergies (along with other champions). Individually they are powerful. But if you have a coordinated/arranged team and they fill the slots with these champions the become extremely difficult to counter.

When people voice concerns over their OP'ed characteristics, I suspect they are encountering them as a team and getting burned to the ground without any real way of escape. I have read that the devs expressed the notion that at a certain point in the game they aren't too sure of what they can do about balance. So that's another thing to consider. If any or all three of those champions get a couple levels ahead of the competition there really isn't much a team can do to come back.

cwatz

Adjudicator

07-29-2009

I played someone who has been whining about ryze for a long time last night, with me playing ryze.
Rule #1 when fighting ryze: DONT GET CAUGHT ALONE

This person popping in and out trying to harass shot me in the early, mid and late game got himself killed three times. Not cuz ryze is op'd, not because I did anything special, but because he was playing against ryze very poorly.

What can you do when people dont seem to know how to play against a hero?