Overpowered champions!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Azariah

07-27-2009

So I played this weekend and noticed some games were over before they ever started based on one or two heroes just destroying a team. Not that I really minded too much if they were on my side! :P

Warwick - he's like Bloodseeker from DotA on steroids. The thing you never wanted to have happen was to have bloodseeker get close cuz your choice then was run while taking dmg (ravage) or get pummeled with BS's doing a ton of dmg with bloodrage buff. And if BS does just enough dmg...forget running away.
Warwick is a little similar. His Instant cast life steal attack takes the place of bloodrage and his attack speed buff just makes it worse. Its scary if this guy gets close. But hit ultimate solves that problem. Not only does it teleport him to the target, but it stuns and rips the target apart for a couple seconds. And most likely hes done enough dmg to get you to half, so now all that needs to be done is to run away while getting swiped by and instant cast life steal abiliity.

I would suggest retooling his ult, its really the only thing that makes his uber. Stun + lots of dmg seems a bit much. Maybe just increased attack speed and dmg on one unit or somthing similar to gondar's track ability.

Maybe use this thread to comment on all the OP champions ppl have been noticing...but with real evidence, not complaining that you got pwned!

Zeta

07-27-2009

Right now, Ryze is the only overpowered Champion.

Commodore Frank

Adjudicator

07-27-2009

Ryze is only OP in certain situations. He's 100% counterable most of the time.

The two I feel need some fixing up right now are Evelynn and Morgana. Eve's Hate Spike is far too versatile of an ability, and Morgana's shield needs rebalanced.

Zeta

07-27-2009

Eve's kind of a one-trick pony already. I don't think further pigeon holing is going to help her.

Logo

07-27-2009

I don't really see Eve as too much of a problem. If she gets out ahead she's pretty deadly but wards really hinder her viability and she's paper thin other than her ult.

I find Twitch to be much more of a problem than her, especially given the bugs around Expunge.

Adonis

Emissary of the League

07-27-2009

of the potentially OP champions, eve, warwick, and ryze and not among them..

Removable Disk F

07-27-2009

If there was an "OP characters only" party happening at Tristana's house, Eve and Ryze would be the first guests to get there. Morgana's shield would arrive shortly after them. Articuno would come after shuffling her schedule around a bit and Singe would stop by after he gets off work.

Zeta

07-27-2009

Oh please. Ryze and Morgana's shield feel like the only cheap things in the game to me right now.

Valkrin

Recruiter

07-27-2009

Majority of the time if you see someone dominating it's because they're good and they're being fed. Don't jump to conclusions just b/c you see one instance of a champion doing very well compared to the rest.

DeaThShiNoBi

07-27-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azariah View Post
Warwick - he's like Bloodseeker from DotA on steroids. The thing you never wanted to have happen was to have bloodseeker get close cuz your choice then was run while taking dmg (ravage) or get pummeled with BS's doing a ton of dmg with bloodrage buff. And if BS does just enough dmg...forget running away.
I just wanted to laugh a little bit at this part because the Bloodseeker's biggest weakness are people who are smart enough to fight him since he's one of the weakest heroes in the game at melee. You can't run, but you sure as hell can't lose if you fight...

As far as the actual point of the thread, my two cents are that there are a lot of really powerful heroes in this game compared to DotA. It's like the entire cast is filled with Earthshakers, but since they're all equally extremely powerful, it's hard to name the ones that are OP. If I had to name heroes that I thought were OP, the first one that comes to mind is Amumu, followed by Alistar, followed by Ryze, followed by maybe Fiddlesticks (there's probably other heroes that I'm just not thinking of atm).