DPS Udyr builds

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Amatzikahni

01-26-2011

I've always built him tanklike after Wriggles and it works wonders when my carries know how to play (premades and friends). However, solo queue seems to dislike sticking me with good carries, so who here has built a more DPS-oriented Udyr and would like to share their first 3-4 completed items?

General build:
Razors (finish Wriggles first chance I get)
HoG
Merc Treads
never the same from here

DPS build:
Razors
?
?
?

I'd imagine Cleaver would work wonders early on and Razors should be built into Bloodrazor, but what about boot choice? Should I mix tank and DPS equally or can Udyr successfully go pure DPS?

A Cute 8 YO Girl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2011

I've always run with Madreds, merc treads, Trinity force, after that sometimes a starks or GA. You do need something to make you beefy or you will get rolled. Quicksilver Sash is always good for magic teams.

Tekapo Warrior

01-26-2011

i have run DPS udyr quite a bit, and very successfully I might add. The key to it is stacking ability power and attack speed rather than damage for Tiger Strike. Remember, Phoenix strike activates on every 3rd attack, so AS is important to make sure you get in 3 attacks before switching stances. Here's the Build (details follow)

Ninja Tabi (to stack with Monkey dodge)
Guinsoo's Rageblade (Damage, AP, AS... what's not to like?)
Nashor's Tooth (speeds up stance juggling by a full second!)
*Hextech Gunblade (the spell vamp will heal you completely in one creep wave
**Lich Bane (makes Bear much more effective)
***Randuin's Omen (CDR, slow, Armor, HP)

*If a team stacks magic resistance to counter you, sub Malady for Hextech. If you're playing against another jungler (WW or another Udyr) sub Wriggle's Lantern for Hextech.
**Build Lich Bane only once you have more AP than AD, otherwise Sheen > Lich
***Sub Banshee for Randuin if you find yourself being disabled too often.

The nice thing about this build is that (with the exception of Guinsoo's) all the items have cheap intermediate step items for the early/midgame. This is very important because you'll rarely make enough gold jungling early game to buy pricey items like Giant's Belt (which is why I do not recommend RoA rush, Rylai, or Warmog). My start is usually Doran and a Mana pot. I usually buy Tabi, Sheen, HoG, Bilgewater, Nashor, Guinsoo.

Before you have Guinsoo, Tiger will be your most potent attack. Once you have Guinsoo, your attacks should go as follows: Chase with Bear (for stun & Sheen), Tiger ASAP after Bear (to stack guinsoo), then phoenix for a massive Sheen + Guinsoo AoE. If your opponent (lunch) tries to run away, Bilgewater/Hextech/Randuin/Bear. If your opponent (lunch) engages you, Randuin/Turtle. In either case, it's back to Phoenix. Rinse, wash, repeat. Remember: always pop items before returning to a stance other than Phoenix or Tiger (i.e. hextech > bear ; Randuin > Turtle) because they will start a CD on your two main attacks.

Clear enough?

Pretty Pink Poni

02-09-2011

^ Is this legit?

corallein

02-09-2011

Ninja Tabis - 850
Guinsoo's - 2.2k
Nashor's - 2.8k
Hextech - 3.6k
Lichbane - 3.4k
Randuin's - 2.9k

Total - ~15.8k gold. Not a feasible amount of gold to get except in extremely long games, and there's only one survivability item. A single stun and you go down HARD, and Udyr is a melee-range champ and needs to be in close, where you're a prime CC target, especially once people realize you have no survivability.

Carados

02-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretty Pink Poni View Post
^ Is this legit?
It's funny, it's not good.

Doriantv

02-09-2011

DPS Tiger Udyr is built with Wriggles, Trinity Force, Bloodthirster, and tanky items.

Destabilizator

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketball View Post
DPS Tiger Udyr is built with Wriggles, Trinity Force, Bloodthirster, and tanky items.
^ All you need for dps.

SevenAteNine

02-10-2011

usually my core is

Madred's Razpr
Boots
Heart of Gold
Mercury Treads
Wriggle's Lantern
Megaton Cloak

then add from list
Sunfire Cape, Randuin's Omen, Force of Nature, Trinity Force, Atma's Impaler, Aegis

i really like Trinity Force+ Atma's Impaler combo as my DPS core +tank items
havent tryed Blood Thurster but it sounds solid im def going to try it really soon

Netherspawn

02-10-2011

All these reasons are why i am getting Udyr next... he can be built many ways and with a great ammount of flexibility.
A friend went tiger stance first and got wriggles, merc treads and trinity and just steamrolled in all the normal games we played.