Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

what are the basic runes I should have?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PolarIceCapp

04-10-2012

what are the basic runes that pretty much everybody should have? you know, runes that will allow you to be a tank, support, etc., not the best runes for the particular character, but works well enough, and then I can branch out once I have enough characters/runes?

Kame Senpai

04-10-2012

AP
MPen red, HP/lv Yellow or flat mana regen yellow, AP/lv blue, Flat AP quints

AD
Flat AD red, Flat armor yellow, Flat MR blue, Flat AD quint

Support
Flat armor red, Gold yellows, Flat MR blue, gold quints

Top and jungle vary.
Its usually a mix of ad, armorpen, flat armor yellows, and mr/lv blues.

Skidochufada

04-10-2012

If you want to get 1 set of runes, get Flat Armor Seals, Flat Magic Resist Glyphs, and Flat Health or Movement Speed Quints.

Marks a bit harder. If you want to get two sets, get Armor and Magic penetration. If you only want to buy one, I'd go for magic resist or armor marks. Attack Damage marks are also pretty cheap (210 ip each), and they're primary runes (unlike magic resist and armor), and are even slightly useful on all characters for last hitting.

Kirielis

04-10-2012

You have two rune pages.

Set up:
AD or ArPen reds
Armour yellows
MR or MR/lvl blues
AD quints

MPen reds
Armour yellows (same as above)
MR or MR/lvl blues (same as above)
AP quints

To all those recommending HP or MS, might I point out that the cost of one AD and one AP quint is equal to that of a single HP or MS quint. 1025x2=2050.