Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Patch Preview. What?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TasogareReiken

04-10-2012

Kayle is a hybrid carry support.

I know Kayle has been getting stronger since way back when but I had no idea Kayle was ever meant to carry.

watkinsgamer

04-10-2012

and what are we supposed to say to this? cool story bro? theres no question or debate. thus dead thread bro.

The Panda Mayne

04-10-2012

She is more of a top lane carry. Meaning, she focuses on building damage more than going standard tank build/tanky dps build that most tops do atm.

TasogareReiken

04-10-2012

I don't think I've ever since a Kayle anywhere but bot and then she is usually doing large amounts of damage instead of supporting. I've just never seen one carry or try to carry.

Sir Tiddles

04-10-2012

Quote:
TasogareReiken:
Kayle is a hybrid carry support.

I know Kayle has been getting stronger since way back when but I had no idea Kayle was ever meant to carry.

Back before her rework Kayle was a hybrid late game carry. Her early game was kind of meh, but if you survived without feeding she really put out a strong amount of dps. Her early game is now much better, but her scalings on everything are terrible and her new passive is not nearly strong enough to make up for it like her old passive was.

Still, I've used her as support on bot lane even now with a good amount of success if you and your lane partner play aggressively and don't give them enough time to turn it into a sustain war (which you will lose as Kayle against every other champion with a heal, or even a regrowth pendant). As long as you are keeping wards up everywhere, building a philo and kage's pick instead of taking cs, maxing spell order R > E > Q >W, and harassing them a lot so your carry can farm then you are doing your job. When it comes to brawling time, your dps will usually be a lot higher than their support's so you can usually win the fight and then zone.

But if you just trade pokes you will lose hard because they will heal a lot more efficiently than you. Your heal is for the crappy speed boost to be honest, and that isn't even very good.

Mid-late game you can build a guinsoo's rageblade and a nashor's tooth and you suddenly turn into a lower-end carry in dps with some really good utility in the slow, speed boost, and targetable invulnerability ult.

I don't take her in ranked very often though, because most people will just play smart and turn the laning phase into a sustain war and after a few waves just zone you unless you and your lane mate are dodging everything and still harassing, or your jungler is camping your lane.

The Panda Mayne

04-10-2012

I actually have had great success with kayle top. Playing her against difficult champions like shen and yorick I feel is her strongest attribute. She might lose a little in early game, but she can always keep her farm up and once you level a bit her hp is naturally high and you can win any exchange with these bully champions with q + e combo, they like to go in trade and run away because they have sustain. Running from kayle makes you take 200+ damage. I wouldn't play her against alot of tops, but she can be extremely effective if you play her vs the right champions.

TasogareReiken

04-10-2012

None of this is 'carry' though. You just don't see Kayle as the focus of the team with the most kills dealing the most damage and being the most valuable target to kill on a team while bringing a lot of lane control by virtue of.. if the enemy pokes their head out of their turrets it gets cut off. She is DPS, yes. But carry?

Thats what carry means to me. The champ that can and does get 15, 20+ kills in one match while everyone else on the team has 5 or less.

The Panda Mayne

04-10-2012

Well that is awfully specific definition, kayle does carry in the sense that she deals (late game) the second highest if not the highest damage in the game, she pushes lanes, takes towers, and has huge impact on winning the game. But, is she the dps you put bot? Not in my opinion. She is better being off-tank carry. Very much unique to her, it is a role that she excels at.

Sir Tiddles

04-10-2012

Quote:
TasogareReiken:
None of this is 'carry' though. You just don't see Kayle as the focus of the team with the most kills dealing the most damage and being the most valuable target to kill on a team while bringing a lot of lane control by virtue of.. if the enemy pokes their head out of their turrets it gets cut off. She is DPS, yes. But carry?

Thats what carry means to me. The champ that can and does get 15, 20+ kills in one match while everyone else on the team has 5 or less.

If it gets to mid-late game I am getting almost as many kills as the ranged ad carry. Think of it this way: Leblanc is a mage-type carry and Orianna is a mage-type carry with a bit less damage and a bit more utility -- it's the same for Kayle in the ranged carry department.

SleepyDeath

04-10-2012

the AD carry might get more kills but Kayle will pump out waaaaayyyy more damage late game. this is why he is a carry/support hybrid. not a strait up carry. Kayle's ult and heal are both very supportive based spells while her other two spells just make her pump out damage.