The 'Magnificent' Twisted Fate

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JetstreamYasuoGG

08-08-2010

So I finally went and bought Twisted Fate's legendary skin, and I was frankly very disappointed. There isn't even that drastic of a change - the voices stay the same - all the particles stay the same. And I paid 1850 Riot Points for it? Had I ever seen the skin before and heard the same voice and saw the same particle effects, I would've went with Gentleman Cho'gath, who for the same price, has a whole new set of voice overs.

Can I get a refund or something? ;-;

Senior Recruiter

08-08-2010

They are making upgrade for every and each legendary skin - patience.

Irishjigg

08-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydh9008 View Post
So I finally went and bought Twisted Fate's legendary skin, and I was frankly very disappointed. There isn't even that drastic of a change - the voices stay the same - all the particles stay the same. And I paid 1850 Riot Points for it? Had I ever seen the skin before and heard the same voice and saw the same particle effects, I would've went with Gentleman Cho'gath, who for the same price, has a whole new set of voice overs.

Can I get a refund or something? ;-;
You wouldnt want to come to the forums to ask for a refund anyhow.

I dont mean to sound like a jerk, but part of this is on you to do some research on what the skin entails. To me, it seems that a new skin would be exactly that...i.e. a new look. Anything above that and I would be surprised, but then again I looked into what the skins did prior to purchasing anything.

JetstreamYasuoGG

08-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samelis View Post
You wouldnt want to come to the forums to ask for a refund anyhow.

I dont mean to sound like a jerk, but part of this is on you to do some research on what the skin entails. To me, it seems that a new skin would be exactly that...i.e. a new look. Anything above that and I would be surprised, but then again I looked into what the skins did prior to purchasing anything.
It's considered one of the Legendary Skins, they are supposed to be more than just a "new look." If I all I wanted was said new look I would've just gotten Jack of Hearts (which I did anyway but that's beside the point.) Go ahead and google Magnificent Twisted Fate, I did and I couldn't quite find any images/videos of the skin itself. So I went on a gamble, hoping the skin would be as nice as Gentleman Cho'gath.

Irishjigg

08-08-2010

Quote:
It's considered one of the Legendary Skins, they are supposed to be more than just a "new look." If I all I wanted was said new look I would've just gotten Jack of Hearts (which I did anyway but that's beside the point.) Go ahead and google Magnificent Twisted Fate, I did and I couldn't quite find any images/videos of the skin itself. So I went on a gamble, hoping the skin would be as nice as Gentleman Cho'gath.
Ah, I got ya. I didnt know that. I didnt realize that any of the skins did anything other than change the look other than recently.

If you were serious about a refund though, depending on how long ago that you purchased the riot points you may be able to go through your bank/paypal.

Kriptini

08-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
They are making upgrade for every and each legendary skin - patience.
I wish, but I don't believe those were Riot's exact words. They'll probably just retroactively change his price to non-Legendary status.

JetstreamYasuoGG

08-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriptini View Post
I wish, but I don't believe those were Riot's exact words. They'll probably just retroactively change his price to non-Legendary status.
If they do that I'll probably never spend $50 on Riot Points again. Unless they refund the extra legendary cost.

ExplosmFan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-08-2010

Quote:
but will they get back 950 for who ahve buyed his legendary

Kriptini

08-08-2010

Quote:
If they do that I'll probably never spend $50 on Riot Points again. Unless they refund the extra legendary cost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExplosmFan View Post
but will they get back 950 for who ahve buyed his legendary
Quote:
They'll probably just RETROACTIVELY change his price to non-Legendary status.
That means: Yes, you would be refunded.

Who knows though? They might not make it retroactive. That would suck for the people who bought it. They might not change the price at all. They might give him some gay particle change that most Leaguecraft skins do better for $0.

Best Minion

10-05-2010

Bump