Tell someone they are playing an OP champ on Dominion....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kolos1001

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorUrsa View Post
Picking Rammus or Poppy or Kasey is not cheating. The game has no preconcieved rules on champion selection. Choose not to play them if you don't want to, but don't whine when someone counterpicks them or.selects them in blind. Its not cheap, its not cheese, its not anti-fun (some people find competition and winning "fun"); these are the words of a.scrub.

I suggest a lot of you read "playing to win". Google it. Its an opus on competive gaming.
having an unfair advantage due to balancing champs with respect to SR and not Dom make certain picks very anti-fun.

If you think all champs are balanced and have the same worth you are sadly mistaken. It's not cheating but it's not fun either. Unless you're one of those people who like no challenge experiences...if you are you're just pathetic imo

MajorUrsa

04-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolos1001 View Post
having an unfair advantage due to balancing champs with respect to SR and not Dom make certain picks very anti-fun.

If you think all champs are balanced and have the same worth you are sadly mistaken. It's not cheating but it's not fun either. Unless you're one of those people who like no challenge experiences...if you are you're just pathetic imo
I play underused champs that I enjoy the design and flavor of. Eve, Urgot, Sona mostly. But to say its anti-fun or to try to say that their fun is not equal to yours and such is non-sense. Play to win, if your playing casually and dont mind, then Im under the assumption you dont mind losing, and if so then why are you posting and complaining?

Kolos1001

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorUrsa View Post
I play underused champs that I enjoy the design and flavor of. Eve, Urgot, Sona mostly. But to say its anti-fun or to try to say that their fun is not equal to yours and such is non-sense. Play to win, if your playing casually and dont mind, then Im under the assumption you dont mind losing, and if so then why are you posting and complaining?
Easy wins aren't fun. Idk why that's so hard for you to understand. I'd rather lose a 25 minute game by 1 point in a good match than win in 5 minutes because of the most broken team comp you could find.

IDontWasteFood

04-10-2012

Quote:
Easy wins aren't fun. Idk why that's so hard for you to understand. I'd rather lose a 25 minute game by 1 point in a good match than win in 5 minutes because of the most broken team comp you could find.
You obviously lack the maturity and or were never taught what an opinion is... Or are around the age of 8 which explains everything.

Kolos1001

04-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDontWasteFood View Post
You obviously lack the maturity and or were never taught what an opinion is... Or are around the age of 8 which explains everything.
sorry my opinion was backed by something I thought was common knowledge, my mistake. You get more satisfaction out of winning from a challenge than winning by using broken champs. Why do you think people climb Everest and not just take a helicopter and say "Well I made it to the top", because that's too easy and it deserves no respect or recognition.

At least this 8 year old can understand simple concepts and human nature. Well...simple to me.

Cauldrath

04-11-2012

Since it seems you wouldn't bother searching for it, just read this one, extremely-applicable page:

http://www.sirlin.net/ptw-book/intermediates-guide.html

WorshipTheWitch

04-11-2012

i make sure to always laugh at ww's who lose. CDRwick is so broken on dominion I love when they still lose.

Basoosh

04-11-2012

Quote:
I agree, however I also want that 1 point game to happen when I'm trying my absolute hardest, bringing my A game to the table, and playing my best champion. It's not the same satisfying experience when you handicap yourself to make it happen.

Albert Dakkar

04-11-2012

I often just play champions I wish to play, regardless of their relative strength (as long as the team comp allows it). But that doesn't mean I get to complain when someone picks an "OP" champ. If anything it makes it more fun when you win and provides some valuable experience in dealing with that champion. I don't sweat seeing Poppy as much as I used to for example, having played against so many I've learned to deal with her.

Panwar

04-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cauldrath View Post
Since it seems you wouldn't bother searching for it, just read this one, extremely-applicable page:

http://www.sirlin.net/ptw-book/intermediates-guide.html
That's a good article. While I don't think that "playing to win" is always my highest priority, I certainly don't fault those that do. I often pick a champ that I feel like playing, knowing that it doesn't necessarily give me the best chance to win, but that is no reason to stand on a high horse and look down upon someone who wants to crush with Poppy(especially since I will readily pick Urgot, WW, Cass, or Pantheon on other days).

Also I agree with Albert Dakkar. Simply playing against those champs for awhile now(I only play blind pick) has made most of the much less fearsome.

Even playing a squishy like Cass if I see poppy in the enemy line up I make sure to rush that Negatron>Abyssal(with a good deal of health to back it up). And while it used to be "Man I Poppy can just kill me whenever she wants!"

Now it's more like:

'Here comes Poppy let's Q her so I can run away. Never mind she charged me RRRRRRRRRRRRR ok, now Q so I can run away."