Tell someone they are playing an OP champ on Dominion....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hehaw

04-10-2012

Draft pick is not a solution. I just tried a couple draft pick games, and the first one I was in queue for 45 minutes before saying screw it and quitting. Came back a bit later, and on the second one, queue popped at around 25 minutes, we all picked (slowly), and then when it was the last guy's turn to pick he leaves. I then wait another 5 minutes, and end up getting into another game, where I'm fourth pick. Our "team leader" doesn't ban any of the FOTM OPs and autolocks Lux. Enemy team ends up getting Poppy, Rammus, and Yorick before its my turn to pick. So, I wasted an assload of time to fight the same **** I would if I played blindpick and gotten a game in 5-6 minutes. Yay?

Gath Immortal

04-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolos1001 View Post
Also this game is for fun and I find it surprising and a bit pathetic people find low skill high reward champs fun. I don't mind if people actually enjoy playing that champ but there are lots of people who only play them because they are broken.
some people like the ability to go god mode and make whatever they click on spontaneously combust, that's why they pick easy mode champs like wukong, riven, lee sin, udyr, any champ with obscene DPS that play like tanks, hell thats why riot makes so many tanky dps champs, even when they say they want to nerf them people just want to make stuff explode, whether on dominion, tt or sr.

Redenbacher

04-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gath Immortal View Post
some people like the ability to go god mode and make whatever they click on spontaneously combust, that's why they pick easy mode champs like wukong, riven, lee sin, udyr, any champ with obscene DPS that play like tanks, hell thats why riot makes so many tanky dps champs, even when they say they want to nerf them people just want to make stuff explode, whether on dominion, tt or sr.
That's funny, because when I want to make something spontaneously combust I don't play any of those champions, because they all provide consistent DPS, not burst... save for Wukong.

If I want something to explode when I click on it, I'd play Ziggs... or Brand.

Joking aside, I'd play a burst caster or an AD carry.

If you're getting vaporized by tanky DPS, you failed to build any survivability - and that's your own fault.

Is Riven really considered tanky DPS? I mean, a spammable shield can make her 'tanky', but I don't see any value to building trinity force + tank items, or Fratmas.

Cauldrath

04-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redenbacher View Post
Is Riven really considered tanky DPS? I mean, a spammable shield can make her 'tanky', but I don't see any value to building trinity force + tank items, or Fratmas.
Riven is tanky dps because of how much damage she can take, regardless of stacking health. AD+CDR+mitigation=tanky dps Riven. She's just more vulnerable to full-team burst than health stackers.

Also, there is a difference between easy mode and powerful. A well-played Riven is very strong. A poorly-played Riven is worse than most other champs.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cauldrath View Post
Riven is tanky dps because of how much damage she can take, regardless of stacking health. AD+CDR+mitigation=tanky dps Riven. She's just more vulnerable to full-team burst than health stackers.

Also, there is a difference between easy mode and powerful. A well-played Riven is very strong. A poorly-played Riven is worse than most other champs.
Even after the nerfs riven is still a monster however you are right, nothing hurts more that going into a fight and watching riven Blind missing all her Qs and then Jumping on a totally wrong and unfavorable position.

MrMundungu

04-10-2012

The only thing that makes any champ blindingly OP in Dom is the lack of anyone's will to try and use different strategies to counter it.

I constantly think that Akali is OP in Dom, but a buddy of mine vehemently disagrees and has little problem against her. He also believes that Alistar is OP in Dom, where I eat Alistars all day long.

Drubie

04-10-2012

I fail at poppy :-(

R00ler

04-10-2012

Saying someone is playing an OP champion is really saying you really didn’t know how to deal with that champion. I have to say Poppy in Dominion is pretty tough to deal with – give her the respect she deserves or will punish you harshly.

Kolos1001

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gath Immortal View Post
I'm actually surprised at how little complaining there is about riven

MajorUrsa

04-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolos1001 View Post
only prob is that draft queues are 5-10 times longer and you end up waiting for a game longer than if you'd play 2 blind pick games.

Also this game is for fun and I find it surprising and a bit pathetic people find low skill high reward champs fun. I don't mind if people actually enjoy playing that champ but there are lots of people who only play them because they are broken.

Imagine you buy a game. Would you use cheats and go through it with everything

unlocked from the beginning with no challenge? Cheats are available to everyone but you don't use them because they suck the entertainment out of the game. It's the same concept except now it's sucking the fun out of more than 1 person's experience and that's why people get upset.

/endrant
Picking Rammus or Poppy or Kasey is not cheating. The game has no preconcieved rules on champion selection. Choose not to play them if you don't want to, but don't whine when someone counterpicks them or.selects them in blind. Its not cheap, its not cheese, its not anti-fun (some people find competition and winning "fun"); these are the words of a.scrub.

I suggest a lot of you read "playing to win". Google it. Its an opus on competive gaming.