Do gunnar gaming glasses really work?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

fittx

04-09-2012

Was wondering if they really say what they do when advertised at IPL.

I know chaox and xpecial always use them when streaming

iCrownKings

04-09-2012

yes it does, but i use my regular glasses ;d

gsai

04-09-2012

My friend tells me that a program called f.lux does the same thing making them useless.

Mighty Mike

04-09-2012

f.lux is amazing.

Azuredragon653

04-09-2012

Probably, but you can accomplish the same thing by looking at something other than the computer screen for a few seconds every few hours.

TheHerox

Kristhunder

04-09-2012

I used a pair for a couple days and had to stop. They actually strained my eyes and gave me headaches.
It's not too horrible looking at a screen, but the second you look at something more than 3 ft. away your eyes rage.

Leib Olmai

04-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCrownKings View Post
yes it does, but i use my regular glasses ;d
You can buy a pair of gunnar glasses and put your prescription in it if you visit your optometrist.

It does work. But it really worth if if you're in front of your computer for like 3-4+ hours without taking break.

Sancta

04-09-2012

The light that is produced from TV, computers, etc. operates on a higher level of blue light than the human eyes are designed to handle. This causes the rods to heat faster than when other forms of radiation hit them and can cause damage to your eyes over extended use.

I grew up on computers and now have to wear sunglasses practically everywhere as it has caused light sensitivity issues with my eyes. So I recommend that people wear things like gunnar glasses or take breaks between computer uses to help protect their eyes.

Xolic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-09-2012

It does. But only if you are in front of the computer for more then 2 hours.

My friend uses them because he is always in front of the computer at work and when he gets home.

It does not improve your focus or all that other stuff they tell you lol

But when you stay in front of the computer screen for long periods of time your eyes start to get tired and thus it gives you a head ache.

Gunners glasses lessens the stress on your eyes so you can play longer and in turn game for longer periods of time.

But I don't use them since I onli game for like 4 hours a day but if you are a dedicated gamer that is in front of the screen for long periods of time yeah they are worth it.