AP champion with most CC and mobility?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mo0sinator

04-09-2012

I'm looking for someone I can go mid with. I'm very good at using Morde, but as you guys know, he has almost no CC or mobility. I want to learn how to use an AP champion with these features so I can widen the variety of champions I will be able to use once I start playing ranked matches. So who do you guys think is my best bet?

RAWRGLESCHMEG

04-09-2012

If you want both CC and mobility, I would suggest Ahri. She has her Charm which is a nice CC, and her ult provides her with ample mobility. However I do not know of how well other mids play, since I don't play solo mid all that often. So this is the only solid advice I can give you.

Jamaree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo0sinator View Post
I'm looking for someone I can go mid with. I'm very good at using Morde, but as you guys know, he has almost no CC or mobility. I want to learn how to use an AP champion with these features so I can widen the variety of champions I will be able to use once I start playing ranked matches. So who do you guys think is my best bet?
Kassadin, Ahri, Keenen or Morgana.

However, they all are normal ban picks.

Kassadin has a lot of CC, built in flash, and is a powerful anti mage.

Ahri has high mobility once level six hits, and she has a long range taunt.

Keenen has mobility and his AoE stun and the ability to stun lock.

Morgana has her ultimate, her ability to stop CC, and a snare. You can't really LOSE with Morgana, you will always have farm, no matter what your opponent does.

Cooper112

04-09-2012

ahri i would say but shes only mobile when she has ult up.

Not sure honestly most ap champs are slow and about dmg not cc. If you want dmg and cc and burst i would say annie.

Almost forgot kassadin and Kennen

ivanyergonoff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-09-2012

Cassiopeia and Leblanc are a couple no one has said yet. Cass gains movement speed if she lands a q giving her enough mobility and has great cc with her ult. Leblanc can move quickly and efficiently with her W and has a silence with her Q and her E is a slow followed by a bind. And her ult can be used to double any one of those.

RAWRGLESCHMEG

04-09-2012

Oh yes, Kennen also has good mobility and CC from what I've seen from my team/friends, but I've never tried him out myself. Morgana has a CC and a disgustingly good teamfight ult, you can't really go wrong with her, but again I've never played her and this just what I've gotten from observing my friends play.

Cruentum

04-09-2012

Kennen has a large amount of CC (specifically stun). All of his abilities give a target a Mark of the Storm and if he hits someone with three they're stunned. During a team fight you can even outright stun the entire enemy team (unlikely because they'll focus you when you're running through everyone with your E but you can get their carries then quickly use your ult and your W shutting them down for a good few seconds). Kennen is mostly used for his utility because of these stuns. Bad thing about him is he doesn't have any real damaging spells outside his Q. Which is easy to miss when you're up close (which is why I believe a lot of people smartcast it) after your E or something. Q>W is his main harass which often loses out to AP's that focus on damage like Brand or something.

Ahri has a large amount of mobility (often chosen to gank top or bot after quickly clearing a minion wave) and then going right back to lane. Her main CC is her charm.

Cass is also a good choice. All enemies facing her when she uses her ult is frozen in spot. And she can shoot her W multiple times with almost no CD when used on poisoned enemies ccreating a large amount of burst damage in a short amount of time.

Kassadin has his Silence and his ult which has an absurdly short CD. His ult also stacks so the more times you use it the more damage it does I've often seen them just tell teleport around like 8 times then go and pretty much one shot someone. But he's a melee AP champ.

Loopgru

04-09-2012

Lux is another solid choice. She doesn't really have much in the way of built-in mobility, she just has the Death Star in her pocket so she has really wide presence from wherever she is. Add to that a great slow and a snare.

TimmyPage

04-09-2012

Fizz.

All the mobility you need and more.

And after all, the best CC is death.