what defensive items counter Vayne?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Louie Kaboom

04-09-2012

I've had games where I've worn frozen heart + thornmail and I think a warmog on top of it, and she still pummeled me quickly. I was doing tankplank. We also had an Amumu doing likewise with about 220+ armor and she shredded him too.

axesandspears

04-09-2012

You honestly need to kill Vayne quickly or have a ridiculously high amount of armor and kill Vayne quickly. The true damage is just so powerful that you really need to cancel out almost all of Vayne's normal physical damage in order to tank her for long in the end-game.

The reason why I know this is because I play Malphite and by end-game I get between 300-400 armor normally which scales up to 420-560 with Brutal Strikes active, I have about 3k health, and I can slow her attack speed to as low as 26% of its normal value. I can survive maybe 10 seconds of focus from vayne considering the other sources of damage I am taking.

The items that counter Vayne are Randuin's Omen, Frozen Heart, and Thornmail. There should be at least one Frozen Heart on your team, at least one Omen (many bruisers like this, some even take it with Frozen Heart), and anyone who is really worried about being Vayne's focus target can or should get Thornmail or Randuin's Omen. Omen is better for survivability, Thornmail makes her easier to kill by damaging her or mitigating her lifesteal.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-09-2012

Armor and HP counter her damage output pretty well, because it forces her to rely on her %HP damage.

That and playing an actual tank instead of a TDPS or pseudo-tank, y'know one of the guys with hard CC.

Dr Smackdown MD

04-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exdeadman View Post
Armor and HP counter her damage output pretty well, because it forces her to rely on her %HP damage.

That and playing an actual tank instead of a TDPS or pseudo-tank, y'know one of the guys with hard CC.
HP Counters her? Wat ._.. At max silver bolts is doing 8% of your health every third hit no matter what. Health wont make the slightest difference in that category. If anything you should be building more armor if you want to specifically counter her just to mitigate the damage of her autos building up to the third hit.

Vuther

04-09-2012

Carries kill everything if given enough with them. What's important is that Vayne is hitting you instead of someone who would die almost instantly. You depend on the rest of your team using that time of her attacking you to get her.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaratsu View Post
HP Counters her? Wat ._.. At max silver bolts is doing 8% of your health every third hit no matter what. Health wont make the slightest difference in that category. If anything you should be building more armor if you want to specifically counter her just to mitigate the damage of her autos building up to the third hit.
Ohhh, but it makes all the difference in the world.

If you have more HP and more Armor, she has to rely on that % HP damage. If she's able to kill you in less than 10 hits, you don't have enough defense mitigating her Physical damage to even start worrying about her %HP True Damage, considering that 3 procs is <25% of your max HP...75% of your health was lost to Physical damage.

DarkenDragon

04-09-2012

if your melting to vayne's damage, even with tons of armor on, this must mean that she built glass cannon and thus should focused fired and melted herself. sometimes a good defense is a really good offense, and in this case, that is exactly what you need.

stun her and unload on her. if shes doing that much damage then chances are shes bought absolutely no defense for herself, unless shes using an atmogs combo but I doubt that is the case.

in terms of surviving her, since her silver bolts do a percentage true damage every 3 hits on the same target, then increasing your health wont do much good except survive a tiny bit longer from her auto attacks. instead you want to slow that attack speed down and thus it becomes a must have frozen heart and/or Randuin's Omen which most people have suggested already. also use the brush liberally, make sure you cut your line of sight, if she cant see you, she cant shoot you. draw her into traps that way by running into a hidden group of allies.

thats pretty much the only way to counter this champion