Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

QQ Kassidin?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bronze Logik

04-09-2012

Maybe it's just me, but are people really complaining about a highly underplayed champ with a extremely high skill cap?

Jamaree

04-09-2012

Quote:
Ninsara:
Maybe it's just me, but are people really complaining about a highly underplayed champ with a extremely high skill cap?

Just a bunch of baddies too stupid to play him to figure how to counter him. I just downvote and move on.

Exeeter702

04-09-2012

saying things like "highly underplayed" and "extremely high skill cap" in one sentence in reference to Kassadin simply should have no place in this world.

Unless by underplayed due to being one of the top bans then sure.

To sit here and say he has a high skill cap is a downright insult.

Col Carcinogen

04-09-2012

i play kassadin and my first game was vs the harder lvled bots just to test him and i went 14/1/9 then my internet disconected and i stopped playing. i then relized kassadin may be hard early game but later game he is very easy to play once you have gotten some sustain items

Invictrix

04-09-2012

Quote:
Col Carcinogen:
i play kassadin and my first game was vs the harder lvled bots just to test him and i went 14/1/9 then my internet disconected and i stopped playing. i then relized kassadin may be hard early game but later game he is very easy to play once you have gotten some sustain items

The hard part getting to the late game without dying.

Giltia Zero

04-09-2012

The only reason Kassadin gets banned is if he hardcounters a part of your team comp (a legitimate ban), or just because you can't trust your scrub teammates to not feed.

Guess which reason is more common.

Exeeter702

04-09-2012

Quote:
Invictrix:
I am willing to bet you don't use Kassadin. I mean Kassadin is good, but I wouldn't call him first tier and he certainly doesn't warrant a 95% ban rate.
A good amount of my free time from work is spent at a local lan center that is usually populated by LoL players... often we play together. A particular indevidual that frequents the place, who is also a good friend of mine played him avidly (not so much anymore as he always bounces around different champs).

That and my personal experience with the champ are the reason i reserve my opinion of him. Personal opinions aside however... he is simply not hard to play

He is banned often for very clear reasons.

Invictrix

04-09-2012

Quote:
Exeeter702:
A good amount of my free time from work is spent at a local lan center that is usually populated by LoL players... often we play together. A particular indevidual that frequents the place, who is also a good friend of mine played him avidly (not so much anymore as he always bounces around different champs).

That and my personal experience with the champ are the reason i reserve my opinion of him. Personal opinions aside however... he is simply not hard to play

He is banned often for very clear reasons.

I'm not gonna claim that he is a Cassiopeia or an Anivia, but Riot gives him a high difficulty rating for a reason.

Milky Wombats

04-09-2012

Quote:
Invictrix:
I'm not gonna claim that he is a Cassiopeia or an Anivia, but Riot gives him a high difficulty rating for a reason.

Ahri has a similar difficulty. She's not that hard to play imo. (I'm an Anivia player)

Invictrix

04-09-2012

Quote:
SeargentStoner:
Ahri has a similar difficulty. She's not that hard to play imo. (I'm an Anivia player)

I will agree that Ahri and Kassadin are close in difficulty rating, but Kassadin has it somewhat harder, because he has to last hit with a melee attack rather than a ranged attack.

Anivia is hard to play well due to having some really slow skillshots even if they do go through minions. This gets compounded by some really high mana costs. Probably the best Ap mid player in the world CLG.Eu's Froggen is an Anivia player, so obviously that high skill cap pays dividends if you stick with it.