How to kill Jax 1v1?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-09-2012

i had a game today where a Vayne completely Dominated Jax, but for a very steep price, she bought entropy and used the entropy's active as soon as she spotted Jax followed by wall pinninng him or viceversa on some cases, it surely gimped her build, but it made her able to permanently keep jax off the map, if you know what i mean

Cauldrath

04-09-2012

This thread needs more Riven. That is all.

Redeemed In Fire

04-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infirc View Post
i had a game today where a Vayne completely Dominated Jax, but for a very steep price, she bought entropy and used the entropy's active as soon as she spotted Jax followed by wall pinninng him or viceversa on some cases, it surely gimped her build, but it made her able to permanently keep jax off the map, if you know what i mean
Vayne v jax is basically down to whether Jax can land the stun on Vayne properly vs whether Vayne can stun jax. Very much a skill matchup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cauldrath View Post
This thread needs more Riven. That is all.
Facetank stuns, activate spinner, jump to her to ensure stun, profit. Though I haven't seen much of that matchup.

Cauldrath

04-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCIX View Post
Vayne v jax is basically down to whether Jax can land the stun on Vayne properly vs whether Vayne can stun jax. Very much a skill matchup.

Facetank stuns, activate spinner, jump to her to ensure stun, profit. Though I haven't seen much of that matchup.
Stun wears off, damage taken + Maw makes her more powerful than you could possibly imagine, Jax dies before he can stun again because he can't outsustain her dps and can't kill her fast enough through her shields. Riven loves sustained dps fights, which is what it turns into after he blows his Leap Strike+stun combo. Also, if both have Exhaust up, Riven clearly wins because Jax depends on damage for sustain, while Riven just shields.

This is after mid game when she has Brut, Ionion, Maw, and Chain Vest, though. Jax will edge her out before that.

Mister Omega

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-10-2012

I'm surprised more mention of Warwick hasn't been made. If you build WW with Frozen Heart and Wit's End, he seems to be able to take on a Jax.

NapalmBrain

04-10-2012

I just shredded a jax last game as Eve, said my champ was bugged lol. I find with her E he goes down rather quicklly . Haven't faced enough Jax to say if I just outplayed him or that she is a true counter, but it seemed to work for me

Avari Cravin

04-11-2012

Just burst and kite. Same stradegy as low levels just now he has armor/mag resist and hp. If he's fed then get 2 people on him.

Foofm

04-11-2012

Theres 2 good ways to deal with Jax, and a lot of champs can do one or the other.

First, you can outrange and kite him.

Second, you can beat him upclose by either being tanky, or outbursting him.

For fighting up close, flash is also very nice. Flash allows you to juke his stun pretty nicely, and then use your own gap closer to re-engage after he wiffs it (or use a champion skill that allows you to do the same).

The worst champs against Jax:

Either want to kite him, but don't have the tools to keep him away.

Want to fight him straight up, but don't have either the burst or the survivability to not get ground into the floor.