How to kill Jax 1v1?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

otirruborez

04-09-2012

bruiser teemo.

Birthday Deluxe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-09-2012

I've never seen a Fiora beat Jax without just straight up outplaying him, but I also haven't seen the matchup very often so I probably shouldn't speak much to it.

Since we're on the subject of Jax 1v1s, how does one deal with Xin Zhao as Jax? Whenever I take him on I feel like I'm fighting a huge uphill battle, it never seems like there's anything I can do.

Carpe Vinum

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birthday Deluxe View Post
Since we're on the subject of Jax 1v1s, how does one deal with Xin Zhao as Jax? Whenever I take him on I feel like I'm fighting a huge uphill battle, it never seems like there's anything I can do.
Build a bit of armor, ignite or executioner's calling him to kill his passive, and try and survive to mid-late game when the fact that he has 0 scaling starts catching up to him.

AO Alt

04-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argodis View Post
Where did I say anything about dying in 1.5 seconds? I'm speaking from the perspective of a Fiora player, not a Jax player.
Quote:
Leap strike, counterstrike, ignite, faceroll, dead Fiora.
Translated into: Fiora dies before she gets out of the stun.

Quote:
Overall, you're basically stating what I already said. Fiora has to significantly outplay Jax if she wants to win. You basically played out the scenario as everything going in favor of Fiora.
Incorrect. I'm saying that if both of them are top of the line players and play close to perfectly, the Fiora will win the vast majority of the encounters. 50% skill Jax vs 50% skill Fiora, then Jax might win, I don't know 'cause I don't see players of that skill level. But at 80-100% skill vs 80-100% skill the Jax loses.

Quote:
Which brings me back to my point that Fiora will lose to Jax most of the time. You can't seriously expect the average player to pull that off. Maybe you consider that to be normal play, but whenever I do that against a Jax player, I consider it being outplayed. Jax is slightly better equipped to duel than Fiora.
At low skill levels - maybe.

Quote:
And again, elo is irrelevant. I rather just assume that you're decent because you have a significant amount of games played with Jax.
Number of games does not necessarily mean that you're good. I know of a certain Ashe who used to play SR (had over 1000 wins with Ashe, probably around 800 ish defeats) and he was still mediocre *at best*. Saying that I've got games *and* that I carried myself to the top of the ladder with him says much more than just "I play x many games".

Argodis

04-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AO Alt View Post
Translated into: Fiora dies before she gets out of the stun.
That's not what I meant, but alright. I understand how you could have come to that conclusion. Poor choice of words on my part.

Quote:
Incorrect. I'm saying that if both of them are top of the line players and play close to perfectly, the Fiora will win the vast majority of the encounters. 50% skill Jax vs 50% skill Fiora, then Jax might win, I don't know 'cause I don't see players of that skill level. But at 80-100% skill vs 80-100% skill the Jax loses.

At low skill levels - maybe.
I guess we disagree. Jax should win most of the time. Doesn't matter what level of play.

Quote:
Number of games does not necessarily mean that you're good. I know of a certain Ashe who used to play SR (had over 1000 wins with Ashe, probably around 800 ish defeats) and he was still mediocre *at best*. Saying that I've got games *and* that I carried myself to the top of the ladder with him says much more than just "I play x many games".
I'm aware of that.

I know many players in the top .1% elo that are just average. On the other hand, some of the best players I've played against were in the 1700-1900 range. The system is too easily abused by duo queuing and elo in general is not very accurate.

I find it more believable to think that a guy that has a lot of games played with X champ is good with that champ than to think that X guy is good because of Y rating. Both have been proven to be flawed methods of thinking. Prioritizing games played over the other is just my preference.

FOODFOOD

04-09-2012

Olaf can 1v1 Jax - I'm surprised that hasn't been mentioned.

Not saying you should be picking Olaf when you see Jax, since Jax is a better Dominion champ. Just throwing it out there.

Infirc

04-09-2012

He's a duelist champion unless you can burst him down with magic before he roflleaps into you or you ar eplaying another dueler, you shouldn't fight him 1v1, it's got quite harder since they changed his ulti from damage to resistances, before that you could just ista pop him.

edit: on a trolly idea and to clarify things we could also gather the top Dominion players and tell them to play a King of the crystal scar game with only the melee champions they are best with

RickyRickz

04-09-2012

Quote:
If you don't jump in with stun, when you use it she'll just run away because of E stacks and infinite movement speed. And only luck will save you from the first R hit if she ults, the other 4 are dodged. Leaving you without dodge and her having done 500ish damage.
You brought up some good points in your posts, but looking at this paragraph it just sounds like a trade in Jax's favor... Fiora is not running away for no reason. As Jax, you just traded your E for her ultimate.

If she tries to duel with you, both champions should do about the same amount of damage, and you still have your ult to mitigate her damage.

AO Alt

04-09-2012

Quote:
I guess we disagree. Jax should win most of the time. Doesn't matter what level of play.
Obviously not, since it is not the case at 2500 elo.

Quote:
I'm aware of that.

I know many players in the top .1% elo that are just average. On the other hand, some of the best players I've played against were in the 1700-1900 range. The system is too easily abused by duo queuing and elo in general is not very accurate.
Aye, it is flawed. But still more accurate than nothing. The day I see a legitimate 1000 elo guy best me in lol is the day I change my opinion.

Quote:
I find it more believable to think that a guy that has a lot of games played with X champ is good with that champ than to think that X guy is good because of Y rating. Both have been proven to be flawed methods of thinking. Prioritizing games played over the other is just my preference.
I see what you're getting at. But my point is that I have *both* games played *and* high elo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyRickz
You brought up some good points in your posts, but looking at this paragraph it just sounds like a trade in Jax's favor... Fiora is not running away for no reason. As Jax, you just traded your E for her ultimate.

If she tries to duel with you, both champions should do about the same amount of damage, and you still have your ult to mitigate her damage.
Actually, she will hit the first hit (the one that does 100% dmg) and then be untargetable for the majority of Jax's dodge. Fiora's damage far exceeds Jax's, her E just adds *way* too much in a 1v1.

Duriel

04-09-2012

Quote:
Play Fiora, Fizz, Urgot, yorick, Pantheon (until very late game), Vayne (late game), and proceed to walk all over Jax.
Other than that, you're not going to beat him in a 1v1.

Jax is balanced, he's high tier 2, but still nothing compared to
Pantheon
Wukong
Yorick
Urgot
Kassadin
Rammus
Ww
Malz
and so on.
going to take a minute and laugh at you for saying fiora > jax.
really dude?
think about it.