How to kill Jax 1v1?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EinzigerAI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

04-09-2012

Jax's burst is insane right now, especially when he's almost into his full build. I've been having a lot of trouble with him as of late.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

David12596

Senior Member

04-09-2012

I would say you have to get items that reduce his attack speed.

My only problem with jax right now (and I said this when I first tried him with the buffs in PBE) is that I personally think the ulti duration is "tad" too long. I really feel it should go down to 6 seconds from 8.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ImCoolerOnline

Senior Member

04-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempestphile View Post
Fiora?? Really?
When Jax can hardcounter her ult easily????
Actually Fiora can really out play Jax until late game.

Everyones said it. There are some AD casters that can out harass Jax and wear him down. WW is the only champ I can think of that eats jax 1v1. A tanky Malphite can slow down Jax's dmg output to almost nothing and come close to winning 1v1. Otherwise, there is no reason jax Should ever win a 3v1 in dominion given the gold balancing and lackluster of a snowball effect on fed champs.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Argodis

Senior Member

04-09-2012

I want to see a Fiora beat a decent Jax.

Every time I've fought a good Jax as Fiora I've had to run for my life or die. You either have to be noticeably more fed than Jax or really outplay him to beat him. 9/10, Fiora should lose.

And lol, WW can't beat Jax 1v1.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AO Alt

Senior Member

04-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argodis View Post
I want to see a Fiora beat a decent Jax.

Every time I've fought a good Jax as Fiora I've had to run for my life or die. You either have to be noticeably more fed than Jax or really outplay him to beat him. 9/10, Fiora should lose.

And lol, WW can't beat Jax 1v1.
Well, define decent.
I play Jax at 2500 elo (last time jabe worked), that's top 10 players. And against Nothingleft2lose (top 10 player as well) I lose 90% of the time as Jax against Fiora, in a 1v1.

There really is nothing you can do, her damage is too high and her life steal is too potent. If you dodge her AAs she ults you and kills you immediately, if you don't dodge the AAs she kills you with those.

WW beats Jax early game, and mid game. But once Jax has LW, Gunblade, and Triforce (very late game) Jax wins.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Helixes

Senior Member

04-09-2012

I'll never understand how people always feel there is one champion that is impossible to kill. I have never seen a champion that could not be beat in dominion mostly do to outplaying the other person.

On topic though, read his mechanics and he won't be that impossible to beat.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Argodis

Senior Member

04-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AO Alt View Post
Well, define decent.
I play Jax at 2500 elo (last time jabe worked), that's top 10 players. And against Nothingleft2lose (top 10 player as well) I lose 90% of the time as Jax against Fiora, in a 1v1.

There really is nothing you can do, her damage is too high and her life steal is too potent. If you dodge her AAs she ults you and kills you immediately, if you don't dodge the AAs she kills you with those.

WW beats Jax early game, and mid game. But once Jax has LW, Gunblade, and Triforce (very late game) Jax wins.
Leap strike, counterstrike, ignite, faceroll, dead Fiora.

Considering that I usually build my Fiora with IE, Sanguine Blade, and LW, I don't understand how you're dying instantly from her ult. My ult typically does no more than 20-25% of Jax's health. After ult ends Jax resumes his assault and I die.

Edit: I define decent as simply playing really well. Elo is irrelevant as it is a poor reflection of skill.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AO Alt

Senior Member

04-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argodis View Post
Leap strike, counterstrike, ignite, faceroll, dead Fiora.

Considering that I usually build my Fiora with IE, Sanguine Blade, and LW, I don't understand how you're dying instantly from her ult. My ult typically does no more than 20-25% of Jax's health. After ult ends Jax resumes his assault and I die.
Anectotal evidence is useless evidence.
If you think that you can kill Fiora in 1 second (1.5 sec stun -0.5 from mercs) are you playing against some really terrible players. She's going to w the initial W+q and run away from your stun unless you proc it when you land. After the 1 sec stun she's down to 50-70% hp. She ults and is back at 100% whilst you're at 50%ish. Having stacked up the Es with the ult she now hits at 2.0ish attackspeed for 300 a pop healing her to full with every hit.

If you don't jump in with stun, when you use it she'll just run away because of E stacks and infinite movement speed. And only luck will save you from the first R hit if she ults, the other 4 are dodged. Leaving you without dodge and her having done 500ish damage.

Slightly less anectotal evidence but still better than what you supplied. We really won't come to an agreement here. But take it from someone who mained Jax for ~150-200 games at 2500 elo, and practically never won against good Fioras.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iamtehLoLrus

Senior Member

04-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argodis View Post
Leap strike, counterstrike, ignite, faceroll, dead Fiora.

Considering that I usually build my Fiora with IE, Sanguine Blade, and LW, I don't understand how you're dying instantly from her ult. My ult typically does no more than 20-25% of Jax's health. After ult ends Jax resumes his assault and I die.

Edit: I define decent as simply playing really well. Elo is irrelevant as it is a poor reflection of skill.
Because nothingleft2lose is building QSS, phage and atmas instead of the IE. Survivability is good.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Argodis

Senior Member

04-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AO Alt View Post
Anectotal evidence is useless evidence.
If you think that you can kill Fiora in 1 second (1.5 sec stun -0.5 from mercs) are you playing against some really terrible players. She's going to w the initial W+q and run away from your stun unless you proc it when you land. After the 1 sec stun she's down to 50-70% hp. She ults and is back at 100% whilst you're at 50%ish. Having stacked up the Es with the ult she now hits at 2.0ish attackspeed for 300 a pop healing her to full with every hit.

If you don't jump in with stun, when you use it she'll just run away because of E stacks and infinite movement speed. And only luck will save you from the first R hit if she ults, the other 4 are dodged. Leaving you without dodge and her having done 500ish damage.

Slightly less anectotal evidence but still better than what you supplied. We really won't come to an agreement here. But take it from someone who mained Jax for ~150-200 games at 2500 elo, and practically never won against good Fioras.
Where did I say anything about dying in 1.5 seconds? I'm speaking from the perspective of a Fiora player, not a Jax player.

Overall, you're basically stating what I already said. Fiora has to significantly outplay Jax if she wants to win. You basically played out the scenario as everything going in favor of Fiora.

Which brings me back to my point that Fiora will lose to Jax most of the time. You can't seriously expect the average player to pull that off. Maybe you consider that to be normal play, but whenever I do that against a Jax player, I consider it being outplayed. Jax is slightly better equipped to duel than Fiora.

And I still don't understand how you're saying he's doing that much damage with that build(if what iamtehLoLrus posted is any indication of his build) when my build does significantly more damage. I guess the Jax players I face build noticeably more tanky. Typically, Trinity, Yommus, Atmas/Thornmail, and a sustain item.

And again, elo is irrelevant. I rather just assume that you're decent because you have a significant amount of games played with Jax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamtehLoLrus View Post
Because nothingleft2lose is building QSS, phage and atmas instead of the IE. Survivability is good.
Irrelevant. He said he dies immediately after her ult which implies that she has a significant amount of AD. Based on that, this means I should have a far easier time killing Jax as Jax is expected to die immediately after ult.