Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How to kill Jax 1v1?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

smXho

04-09-2012

It's impossible i think

Any Tanky dps / AD bruiser going up against him will die in an instant pretty much...
Super tanky + extreme high burst in one champ, WTF...

I think they overbuffed him last patch

Yes, you can say you don't go against him 1v1, but when he is bot or something, he can burst you down so quick, and there are more then enough moments where you end up having to fight 1v1, because your team might be dead and you need to defend...

And not only 1v1, i've seen this guy 1v3 numerous times because of his high burst and tankiness all in one.

I would rather see rammus all day then to see Jax, RIOT need to learn to balance for life
oh wait.. they don't give any **** about Dominion.

Cauldrath

04-09-2012

Warden's Mail or Frozen Heart. If he's building AP, grab some MR, too, which you should be doing anyway. Also, the only times you will ever see a champ win a 1v2/3 is because most/all of them were squishy (that includes you, all-armor no-health guy when I have Last Whisper), they weren't really all fighting him at once, the 1 had his ult and summoner's while the 2/3 did not, or you just dived a tank on a tower.

AO Alt

04-09-2012

Play Fiora, Fizz, Urgot, yorick, Pantheon (until very late game), Vayne (late game), and proceed to walk all over Jax.
Other than that, you're not going to beat him in a 1v1.

Jax is balanced, he's high tier 2, but still nothing compared to
Pantheon
Wukong
Yorick
Urgot
Kassadin
Rammus
Ww
Malz
and so on.

Shaxtenn

04-09-2012

One thing I try to do is avoid ever fighting Jax if he's just cleared a minion wave. That means he's maxed his passive, so he's starting out with a big AS buff that would normally take him 6 attacks to build up.

Dienovv

04-09-2012

Don't 1v1 him. Instead, coordinate with your team to take down those that you otherwise could not kill.

deepbluereason

04-09-2012

Dominion isn't a 1v1 map so what's the problem?

BinaryUnicycle

04-09-2012

Only time I've won a 1v1 vs Jax is playing Rammus with a bunch of armor.

Argodis

04-09-2012

A decent Jax shouldn't lose to anyone 1v1.

It's typically a good idea to avoid fighting Jax 1v1. A Randuins is nice to have.

Degnared

04-09-2012

Everyone's pretty much said it. To respond to the other part of your question, about Jax bot, you need a bot lane champ that can clear minions from range. Ahri, Malz, Nasus, etc. will all stalemate or beat Jax bot lane. Urgot should be able to kite him.

Tempestphile

04-09-2012

Quote:
AO Alt:
Play Fiora, Fizz, Urgot, yorick, Pantheon (until very late game), Vayne (late game), and proceed to walk all over Jax.
Other than that, you're not going to beat him in a 1v1.

Fiora?? Really?
When Jax can hardcounter her ult easily????