Hecarim Solo Top/Jungle Build Ideas

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

immortal rocker

04-18-2012

Top Solo Build

1. Health Regen>philospher's stone for mana regen and health regen
2. Merc threads
3. Frozen mallet
4. Trinity Force Definately
5. Wriggles Lantern or Sunfire Cape
6. Hexdrinker

>i tend to leave philospher's stone there itself and sell it at the end to get sunfire cape or anyother item suitable
>Mercury Treads good tenacity+magic resist
>Frozen Mallet gives you a chance of mostly getting kills
>Trinity Force goes good with the above item more health
>Sunfire cape if there are heavy AD or if you need life steal you can go for wriggles lantern
>Hex drinker magic resist

i think this is the build i go for usually top solo hope it helped
do mind the Renekton build in the picture >.>

Dremons

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-18-2012

Hated that build, so generical. I would really go for brutalizer/zeal and vamp scepter after boots. Why wouldnt you get ghostblade on him? Why? Also, wriggles just becomes unuseful on him because, after all, youll sell it for BT (I hope so). So, its way better to work for brutalizer (early ghostblade) zeal (for trinity force later) and vamp scepter (mid BT). Early ghostblade does wonders on him, combine it with phage/frozen mallet and he becomes a real dread knight

Geck0 Icaza

04-18-2012

Start: Boots, 2 hp pots, 1 mana pot (you will be spamming Q)

first buy back:
Sheen, or if cant afford phil stone (again you will be spamming)
Early:
If you have 1600, buy BF sword, if not, Mercury treds
shurelia's (CDR, health, Regen, and speed active)

Mid:
If you have BF sword, finish blood thirster if not
build ghost blade

Late:
blood thirster if you havent already
Liche Bane

Optinal:
Hextech gun blade
Randiums owmen
Manumune

Runes: Marks/Quints Armor piercing, seals/glifs flat Armor, MR

This build is designed to shock in, do damage, and re position and do it again. Heavy on the ad at first, but the armor pen with runes and ghost blade will be enough generally, The actives plus ghost and devastating charge will ensure you come in hard. Leave ghost for just before you hit, so you still have it during the fight. The small experience I had with this build to high mobility. So being able to fight when you want, where you want, is vital. But he's still new to me, so any criticism would be welcome.

Minion18

04-18-2012

I just made a thread about my build, but I'll just post my idea here.

Cloth 5 into wriggles, Merc treads, BT, PD, Maw of Malmortius, and depending on situation Aegis or GA.

I think this will benefit his passive and lifesteal from his W and also make him a good offtank?

Pintash

04-18-2012

Runes I take are 9xApen Mark, 9x Flat Armor Seal, 9x MR p/level Glyph and 3x Move speed Quint. This is for jungling. I would suggest Changing the Apen Marks to flat AD for top (helps you last hit and dmg early game).

As you SHOULD know builds are situational. There is no right or wrong build for any champ. Well actually there are PLENTY of wrong builds... but no right ones.

I have played Hecarim a fair bit already as a jungler.

If I have a decent team that I can trust to give me a good leash on blue (save smite for easy red clear) I'll start with boots and pots as this is the more reliable choice for an early gank. Otherwise it's gotta be cloth or he can't sustain enough in the jungle.

I rush wriggles and finish my boots (95% of the time being merc treads).

From here, I either build a glacial shroud or a brutalizer. It honestly depends on your team comp and how fed you are. I get either of these because the CDR helps him greatly as his skills are long cool down except his q. I will say that 95% of the time I'll get glacial shroud. The CDR is higher, you can ALWAYS use the armor and the mana means you aren't quite as reliant on blue buff (fast jungling relies on q spamming and q spamming uses mana quickly) and can give it away to your mid. The other reason I get glacial shroud more often than not is to build it into Frozen heart later down the track, whereas you'd probably just sell the brutalizer for something else mid-late game.

Tri-force is just about a must on Hecarim, top or jungle I'm gonna say it's core. It will be your main damage item atleast until late game. It has perfect synergy with his q with in turn buffs his healing from w. All the other stats benefit you greatly too. Generally build the sheen first. You can build the sheen before your glacial shroud/brutalizer if you want. Either way rush Tri-force next.

While building your Tri-force you might find you need some MR, in which case grab a negatron cloak which will later build into the next item and another I feel is almost core on Hecarim: Force of Nature.
Everything about it befefits him. Highest MR in the game, the speed bonus helps his passive and the health regen doesn't hurt either.

Right now - you're pretty tanky (very tanky is you chose frozen heart), you hurt a lot and your FAST!

You have only one slot left in your inventory (or maybe it has a ward in it), your last item can be a lot of things. If you want damage? grab a Blood thirster, or Maw of Malmortius. If you want health, grab a frozen mallet, a warmogs, or even a sunfire cape. Build you last item to suit your needs.

Also, it probably wont, but if the game goes long enough you can swap wriggles for something more useful.

So to surmise - My general build for Jungle Hecarim looks like this:

Wriggles Lantern
Merc Treads
Frozen Heart
Trinity Force
Force of Nature
--Situational Last Item--

If I was to play him top - which i have not done yet - the build would probably be similar. I would probably skip wriggles and get a BT or a Maw. Unless I'm being pushed hard. Also if you are facing AP top (Vlad, kennen) You could rush your FoN, before finishing Tri-force.

Notes:

With move speed quints, masteries, Triforce and FoN you should be VERY close to move speed soft cap. With his passive this equates to just over 40 extra AD. Nice! And people wanted to buy PD? -.-

Next thing to keep in mind is I played another Hecarim, who was not a bad player at all, but he built the pure damage build like the OP suggested and I destroyed him. It's not ideal on Hecarim, he doesn't have the skills to support that sort of build. His ratio's don't come close to someone like Riven that stacks AD. So I think it's a bad choice on Hec.

This is quite an expensive build, especially for a jungler. You may consider a GP5 item or two early.

I've never had to build my 6th item.

MVP every game so far with this Hec build. In my own eyes at least. :P

I feel like this a border-lining on becoming a **** guide... -.- Maybe I'll write one later on.

├čowser

04-20-2012

Lane:
1. Boots x3 pots
2. Philo
3. HoG
4. Phage-Sheen-Zeal into Triforce
5. Philo into Shyrelya's
6. HoG into Randuins

Jungle would be the same final build but starting with Regrowth x1 pot and getting boots on the 1st trip back.

Eviant

04-20-2012

MY build tends to follow a much more tanky side, though I do use TF. My build is as follows.

Boots (I get Swift, but you can get Defensive)
TF or FoN or Mogs (Those are usually the next three...change FoN to Armour if they have little AP)
Those are in whatever order needed though I usually pick up Phage early
Followed by Atma's and one last tanky item, depending on the team.
By late game, I'm extremely hard to kill, do about 300 per hit, proc TF every two seconds, and reach a low point of 493 for speed.
My Health regen is about 275, and my resists are all between 150 and 200.

Most other Hec's I have seen just haven't become tanky enough to sit around screwing people up.
This is just my opinion though

immortal rocker

04-20-2012

sure thing man i would love you to record a game play while using this build of yours because i couldn't and i shared my thought on what i thought was right