Hacker destroyed 60K worth of Runes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Didact

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-09-2012

Would there be any way to recover these runes as they took me so long to get and playing enough games to get them back would take far too long.

Alvraen

04-09-2012

You should be able to launch a ticket to ask for assistance from a Riot employee here.

Meanwhile, I'd highly recommend that you run scans to make sure that your computer is not infected. I'd highly recommend Avast, as it's a bundled anti-spyware/virus, and Malwarebytes, an anti-malware software. Please run both scans, but not simultaneously. Also, change your password to your Riot account, and the email address associated with your Riot account for good measure, also. I like Gmail, as it offers two-bit authentication for your smartphone, so that's an added layer of protection.

Should you have any other questions, please feel free to comment back!

Didact

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-09-2012

I launched a ticket regarding the hack because they used all my RP and IP and that got resolved. All i received regarding the runes was this:
"Unfortunately, once runes have been destroyed in the rune combiner, they cannot be uncombined or reverted in any way"

Even though my RP and IP has been refunded i just don't see a point in playing any more because runes are so important at my level of play and not having them just puts me at such a huge disadvantage.

Hularuns

04-09-2012

That kind of sucks. they should give back at least enough IP for 3 rune books? Which is plenty to get started off with.

Sands of Time

04-09-2012

I think that Riot should refund OP with the IP for the original amount of Runes that he had.. or atleast get someone else to get on his account and duplicate the runes he originally had. He spent time and effort to get those runes and lost them owing to no fault of his own. If you deny this to him, then you will be losing a long-standing player. Which I think would be a foolish decision besides not caring enough for a long time LOL player. Just my take on it.. seeing from my experience from other games where you are more than refunded and helped to get back to your original standing, if not slightly better.

Didact

04-21-2012

Its been a while since this development happened but I am so happy to report that my whole account was reverted to its original state after i submitted a new ticket. It only took one simple reply and I am glad to say that Riot has done it duty to its customers.

Hello Summoner,

Thank you for contacting player support. I have investigated your case and I was able to restore your runes from our records. You will find them on your account.

Should you require any further assistance don't hesitate to contact me again.

Best of luck,
Ribcage

Inverted Logic

04-21-2012

Good guy Riot.