Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What's Being Banned In Normal?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jurgrady

04-09-2012

So I'm feeling pretty good about where I am at in terms of the number of champs I can play, and the number of roles I can play. The only thing keeping me out of doing normal draft is I'm not sure what to ban if I'm first pick.

I don't want to trust people shouting at me in chat. If there happens to be a consensus I'd probably still listen, but I'm wondering what is being banned out in normal draft at the moment?

I'm pretty confident about my knowledge of counter picking and stuff. I've read tons of guides about all the really popular champions at the moment. So my other question is what is popular in normal draft. I'm level 22 I'm not sure if that would matter though. I ask this in case there is something that is popular in normal draft that isn't in competitive.

netkitten

04-09-2012

>The only thing keeping me out of doing normal draft is I'm not sure what to ban if I'm first pick

the sad truth is that if you do solo q normal draft you will almost never be a first pick and 90% of the time you will be 4-5 pick so you should fight with pre-mades (who have unfair order priority) for roles
if you do premade normal draft you will always have first picks but don't expect people will be glad about it

also dont worry. it's not a problem, people will ask you who to ban or you can ban those champions you personally don't like

BEST KATARlNA NA

Recruiter

04-09-2012

Most draft games I go into, there's a lot of common bans. Shaco, Kassadin, Rammus, Morgana. Champions that can shut down any champion being selected to go into the corresponding lane. Ask your teammates who should be banned first, and if they don't reply, base it off of what you don't like to play against. Myself, I choose Tryndamere, mostly because he was free this week.

Jurgrady

04-09-2012

I'd probably leave the free ones in because it's fifty fifty that the person playing them doesn't know how to play them. And that would make it easier to play against them. And if they do know how, you counter pick them anyway if your smart, and it won't matter.

Jmr100

04-09-2012

shaco/kass/morg/shen/rammus
most common bans i'd say

DNeon

04-09-2012

I agree with those above, shaco, kassadin, rammus and morgana are frequently banned, also up there is karthus (purely for his ult as far as i know).

however, some of these are really out of habit by now, referring mainly to rammus here, his 3 second taunt on 1 person is the only reason he's banned, and i think that with all the nerfs there's no use in doing it, i'm not too experienced either, so some other people might want to correct me on it.

R3dRain

04-09-2012

the top banned in ranked game are shaco, rammus, shen, kassadin, morgana, and most of the time the last pick is to help with your team comp.

shaco is only banned do to fear of he being play by a unskill player.

rammus because he hard to counter and his good gank.

kassadin he is like shaco banned because of fear of a unskill player playing him and because he mess up the mata for at less now.

morgana is just because of her early game power.

shen is because he have almost no counter to him and his skill he got like his ult.

in normal drift pick most common are for what I seen shaco, rammus, sometime shen, kassadin, morgana, and sometime cass and the other is commonly Tryndamere or tiwich or teemo or the odd time karthus.

karthus is banned alot in ranked game only because of his ult and passive.

Jurgrady

04-09-2012

Hm, Rammus is really easy to counter, but I can see it being harder in solo queue, you just have to level 1 invade and take his jungle, he's pretty much done after that.

That's interesting that champions are banned because of people sucking with them. That also sucks that Morgana is banned a lot, I like to play her. Surprises me Ryze isn't banned a lot, because he is in competitions. I can see Twitch being banned too because people hate him, but he's easy to counter if your team isn't noob.

Teemo will probably be a good choice after her fixes. And I can see Kayle being a good one too with his changes, because he's going to be played a great deal more and be more useful. May even be a tier 1 support now.

Shen is pretty easy to counter, you just have to shut him down early, but that requires a good jungler most of the time. And if he's jungling then again, just invade. But again that requires either a good jungler or a team that will work together at level one to do that.

R3dRain

04-09-2012

@jurgrady I was just name the commonly banned champion in ranked game and normal and the somewhat reasons be hide them being banned from what I heard.

Also for the most part shen is not that easy to counter if the shen player is good just because he can enter team fight fast give someone a shield, help stop a gank from the other team jungler also good at helping a jungler do a ganked. he not really his power or anything that make him get banned alot just that he can help his team in a lot of way.

also he for most part play solo top and is right now is a good 1v1.

FunnyMan488

Recruiter

04-09-2012

Most common bans i see and do are
Shaco : No one likes how he can do deceive ganks
Rammus :He can powerball through wards and get a fast gank while locking you there for 1-2 secs with his taunt
Karthus :His team fight presence is huge and if you focus him he is still there for 7secs and everyone hates his ult
Morgana: She has a snare that will lock someone down and if her team is near they are dead and her flash ult hourglass combo is insane in a teamfight
Tryndamere: Do it because bot lane will rage if he tower dives them and lives
Those are some common bans but if you feel like being greedy just ban out people who you tend to just lose to in lane horribly bad. Hope this helps