Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Nidalee needs help!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Quintessence

08-07-2010

Nidalee Desperately needs bug fixes...

Index:
A1: Updates
A2: Bugs
A3: Patch notes of importance

A1: Updates
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
9/10/2010: Changed the first page to make it more streamlined and easier to read, added in suggestions and updated bugs
9/25/2010: Updated suggested changes to reflect what has been suggested so far
10/20/2010: Updated suggested changes
11/10/2010: Updated suggested changes and bugs
12/27/2010: Updated bugs and changes again
1/29/2011: Removed suggestions to be reworked so that they can be remade.
2/18/2011: Expanded thread to the general discussion part of the forum for more exposure
2/18/2011: Second thread in general discussion was a mistake, letting it die. just idiots and trolls seem to lurk.
3/9/2011: Posted the rework as it currently stands, looking for feedback (saying "omg super op" doesn't help)
3/23/2011: New rework submitted and updated
7/3/2011: Revamped the OP
8/30/2011: With the recent nerfs to nidalee i made a new section for patch notes of great importance with regards to nidalee

A2: Bugs
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Quote:
updated and improved bug list

Javelin Toss:
1)When tossing Javelin toss immediately after transforming from cougar form you will toss it behind you instead of at the selected destination.

2)Javelin toss animation goes further than it can hit meaning it visually touches the target but doesn't actually hit.

Bushwhack:
1)When transforming immediately from cougar form and trying to lay a trap Nidalee lays them directly below her instead of where your cursor is.

2)Also don't know if this has been fixed yet but they don't do damage to invisible targets.

3)Bushwhack doesn't always reveal the area for placement like it should or it removes FOW but doesn't show enemies that are in fact there

Primal Surge:

1)When directly transforming from cougar form and trying to heal Nidalee immediately heals herself. This is kinda ok unless you are trying to clutch heal an ally.

2)Another notable problem not so much a bug is the animation time is much longer than other heals meaning she can try to heal a target that would normally be saved by the heal but they will die in the middle of the animation instead of being healed cooldown and mana isn't spent even though the full animation goes through but it is an annoying problem. Just an animation timing issue there nothing more.

Takedown:
1)This is a problem with all champions with an attack modifying ability. Nidalee will drop whatever her last target was and strike the nearest target if she uses an ability and follows up with take down. So if you pounce to a target and click on them and activate takedown chances are you could blow a killing blow on a minion if there is one nearby. happens with siphon strike and devastating blow as well.

2)Take down misses if blinded

3)Takedown doesn't properly crit like it should and will sometimes do less damage than a regular crit.

Pounce:
1)If you transform from human to cougar form you will pounce backward if done immediately upon transforming.
2)If chasing and or running from enemies and you spam pounce chances are you will pounce backward might be due to spam clicking on target while spamming pounce as that is the only time it seems to happen to me.
3)Nidalee will sometimes get stuck inside objects and terrain such as walls near Blue or minions and sometimes even champions. Getting stuck inside champions almost always results in death as your abilities become locked and the enemy can still attack you but you cannot attack them.
4)Also when she pounce at stationary targets she will sometime do no damage just because her pounce goes just far enough to where the target is outside the aoe. Suggest making pounce do damage on contact rather than landing if possible.
5)Nidalee is also unable to pounce over walls as effectively as she was on release. She will often pounce into the wall and just smash her face against it and go nowhere or do the infamous backwards pounce.
6)Nidalee will often pounce in place moving nowhere often when she is spamming pounce and clicks while chasing and or running away.
7)Nidalee pounces in the direction she is facing so if anything just so happens to get in the way she will pounce in whatever direction she happens to turn to.
8)
If she engages an enemy in the process of jumping a wall she will pounce to them instead of over the wall.

Swipe:
1)nothing really other than sometimes it still seems like the AP scaling isn't counted although it may just be because of the low scaling.

Aspect of the Cougar:
1)Multiple skills in cougar form have random tool-tip errors all the way from abilities saying they do 0 damage plus the AP scaling to there being level 1 text on a level 3 ability last one being the rarest.

2)The AD buff on Nidalee a few patches ago was only applied to her Human form not her Cougar form. "Human 52 AD - Cougar 49 AD"

Pathing:
1) Cougar form pathing is terrible which is one reason why her skills don't always act as intended plus it make navigating through minions a pain in the ass because her hit box is more like a torpedo than a normal human of course I could be wrong but thats how it seems she moves.

2)Pathing in human form is pretty bad as well and as I did in my last bug list I will blame this on the Anchors for boots she has which btw if you do happen to fix her pathing issues do you mind getting her boots like she does in the Chinese art as the current one are atrocious.

A3: Patch Notes of importance
8/24/2011:
Nidalee has been nerfed quite hard, full details are as follows

Nidalee
  • Javelin Toss
    • Mana Cost reduced to 50/60/70/80/90 from 60/70/80/90/100
    • Cooldown reduced to 6 seconds from 7 seconds
  • Pounce
    • May now be affected by Cooldown Reduction
    • Cooldown increased to 4 seconds from 3 seconds
  • Primal Surge
    • Mana cost adjusted to 60/80/100/120/140 from 65/70/75/80/85
    • Base heal adjusted to 50/85/120/155/190 from 60/90/120/150/180
    • Ability power ratio reduced to 0.7 from 1.25
  • Swipe ability power ratio increased to 0.4 from 0.2
  • Aspect of the Cougar now grants 10/15/20 armor and magic resistance instead of 10% Dodge
  • Fixed several tooltip errors (especially those in Cougar form)

Cooky Monsta

08-07-2010

I always thought the same... she is trash untill level 6 and then trash after level 16. W T F.

VladdyDaddy26

08-07-2010

LOL someone doesnt understand how to build her then, lich bane + takedown= If you want more why don't you throw in a trinity force and you are hitting for a very respectable amount of damage

Quintessence

08-07-2010

Quote:
VladdyDaddy26:
LOL someone doesnt understand how to build her then, lich bane + takedown= If you want more why don't you throw in a trinity force and you are hitting for a very respectable amount of damage

I know how to build her it is just that she is very gimped mid/late game :/

it is pretty pathetic when your mid game is gimped and you're at your "strongest" then.

Zeta

08-08-2010

Nidalee was overnerfed. She's not really worth playing now. So many other Champions out-perform her in every way. Shaco is better at hit and run guerilla. Shen, Alistar, Soraka, Zilean, and Janna are better supports. Kayle and Warwick are better cahsers. Ashe, Trist, and Ezreal are better DPS.

Sure, Nidalee can do three different things, but she sucks so bad at all of them there's no point in playing such a gimped character. Whatever you do as Nidalee can be done better by someone else.

VerKnight

08-08-2010

I find Nidalee to be perfectly fine right now. I wish I actually had her. She's too much fun during her free weeks when I go 16/2, or something of that nature, with her.

Fennel

08-08-2010

Nidalee was one of the first characters they were messing about with when considering the kind of character that would be 'hybrid'. Newer hybrid characters get contributions to their skills if they have either AP or Damage, in many cases, which starts to point out some bothersome facts about Nidalee's 'hybridness'.

Of all six of her skills, five of them scale with AP only, the sixth, Takedown, only scales with damage. Furthermore, Takedown scales with damage and not crit --- if you go crit damage runes and an infinity edge, you'll be hitting harder with a crit auto attack pretty quickly without the need for a skill with a cooldown at all.

If it were up to me, I'd leave the contributions to her skills' power in human form to AP, since that's her 'support' form, as it were, and convert the cougar skills to all reward damage in some form. That way, if she's 'DPS', she'll rove around more as a cougar and reap benefits from staying that was as much as possible and if she's AP, she'll wander around as a human more. If she's hybrid, she'll switch back and forth as the need arises.

While on the topic of Nidalee, though, does anyone else find it odd that out of her three cougar skills, pounce and takedown are essentially the same skill? I mean, they're both AoEs with poor AP contribution and do damage only. Sure, one's a small dash and the other's a cone, but they seem to be used in conceptually the same way. Why can't Scratch apply a much-needed snare or something? Maybe an armor sunder? It just seems weird that she's a champ with absolutely no crowd control and her ult gains her access to three skills which all do damage and nothing else.

Nhan Fiction

08-08-2010

Quote:
Fennel:
Nidalee was one of the first characters they were messing about with when considering the kind of character that would be 'hybrid'. Newer hybrid characters get contributions to their skills if they have either AP or Damage, in many cases, which starts to point out some bothersome facts about Nidalee's 'hybridness'.

Of all six of her skills, five of them scale with AP only, the sixth, Takedown, only scales with damage. Furthermore, Takedown scales with damage and not crit --- if you go crit damage runes and an infinity edge, you'll be hitting harder with a crit auto attack pretty quickly without the need for a skill with a cooldown at all.

If it were up to me, I'd leave the contributions to her skills' power in human form to AP, since that's her 'support' form, as it were, and convert the cougar skills to all reward damage in some form. That way, if she's 'DPS', she'll rove around more as a cougar and reap benefits from staying that was as much as possible and if she's AP, she'll wander around as a human more. If she's hybrid, she'll switch back and forth as the need arises.

While on the topic of Nidalee, though, does anyone else find it odd that out of her three cougar skills, pounce and takedown are essentially the same skill? I mean, they're both AoEs with poor AP contribution and do damage only. Sure, one's a small dash and the other's a cone, but they seem to be used in conceptually the same way. Why can't Scratch apply a much-needed snare or something? Maybe an armor sunder? It just seems weird that she's a champ with absolutely no crowd control and her ult gains her access to three skills which all do damage and nothing else.

This guy has the right idea. Nidalee needs these changes.

Shiria

08-08-2010

She need some buff.
After late game hit she can only heal and throw javelins and shes raped by every right click hero..
Lets take for example ww what u can do after he catch u with liz after +30min?Nothing
And its pretty much with every dps.

Miirik

08-08-2010

Quote:
Cooky Monsta:
I always thought the same... she is trash untill level 6 and then trash after level 16. W T F.

^ This

my god the middle levels, if you are doing good you just FACEROLL people.

but once everyone is 18... you might as well just be support with cooldown reduction because you won't be doing jack **** for damage in any form, because jumping in with cougar form is certain death, no matter how long you wait during the teamfight, even after the big cooldowns are thrown out.

What I really really despise is how once you hit late-game, your 1v1 presence goes out the window no matter how you built yourself. Notice someone in the jungle? You don't have the burst you used to have at mid-levels. Everyone has good hp now they will either take your whole burst and escape, or just burst you down better than you can to them. Because you are super super SUPER squishy.

You're all pushing and notice someone backdooring your turret/inhibitor? Don't send Nidalee, no matter how you built her. She might be able to make them run off at the very most, but again, many times before I would go to defend and with just 1v1 I still get destroyed.

Mages burst than she does.
Dps does way more dps than she does, heck they can burst better than she can in some cases.
Supports support better than she does

She can tear up squishies but any good team will make it IMPOSSIBLE to get to that squishy backline to tear it up, and if you do those squishies will turn you into cat food.

I mained her and she has been nerfed into oblivion. I hate how even if she's fed her presence drops off the map late-game. She needs a significant buff and maybe even something of a re-work.

She's getting a minor buff (can't say yet) but let me tell you it's nothing significant, it will just help against the likes of say Jax.

And for the love of god un-nerf her passive. I BARELY notice a speed increase in the brush. It's barely noticeable.