Harsher punishment for pregame leavers!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IGintokiI

04-08-2012

So, I'm trying ranked dominion for the first time today...or I tried and gave up. I had ELEVEN attempts in which someone left the game before the game could start. I don't know what to do anymore. The only answer to this problem I can imagine is harsher punishment. This really sucks :/

Imwetoddid

04-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGintokiI View Post
So, I'm trying ranked dominion for the first time today..
Huh

Darmival

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGintokiI View Post
So, I'm trying ranked dominion
there is no ranked kiddo, did u mean draft?

Wyvernfist

04-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darmival View Post
there is no ranked kiddo, did u mean draft?
His friend's dad is Morello so he gets to try out ranked dominion on their internal test server. All the Rioters keep dodging him.. :/

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-09-2012

He meant Draft. And yes, DRAFT SUCKSSSssss. I much prefer it, but the queuedroppers just ruin it.

I would be all for doubling the punishment for dropping out of a Draft. This seems reasonable because draft mode has a longer queue and takes a LOT longer to get started since people start "playing" immediately by banning, picking, etc. Theres at least some kind of competitive element immediately which gets discarded over and over again.
Until I'm like "bah who cares. just ban whoever. Someone will drop anyways" mentality.

inFe eD

04-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrrrax View Post
He meant Draft. And yes, DRAFT SUCKSSSssss. I much prefer it, but the queuedroppers just ruin it.

I would be all for doubling the punishment for dropping out of a Draft. This seems reasonable because draft mode has a longer queue and takes a LOT longer to get started since people start "playing" immediately by banning, picking, etc. Theres at least some kind of competitive element immediately which gets discarded over and over again.
Until I'm like "bah who cares. just ban whoever. Someone will drop anyways" mentality.
2 times zero is still zero.

MajorUrsa

04-09-2012

I dont think the punishment should be harsher, but I think at a certain point they should start being grouped separately in queues, with other leavers. Some fighting games have had success with this, after you pass a certain ratio of dropped or quit games (rage quitters in fighting games can be annoying) they begin to group you with people who have similar patterns.

Something like this would work wonders for LoL. Leavers are forced to play with leavers and consequently will either force them to change or leave the game.