Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Sejuani? Miss Fortune? Shyvana?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TehomCD

04-09-2012

One thing to keep in mind is that with the exception of the two stealth champions, Twitch and Evelynn, every champion's balance really is pretty good. A champion might be described as a little underwhelming, or slightly outclassed by other options, but anyone who says 'X champion is bad' is just being foolish. Razor-thin distinctions in whether a champion might be slightly better only comes up at the very highest levels of play where incredibly tiny advantages matter, like having some ultra-specialized runepage for exactly what sort of matchup you play against, or where a small difference in number of last-hits in lane can ultimately decide a game. Now, certain -builds- on champions may not be viable, so there can be arguments that way. Certain team compositions can be very weak compared to others. But virtually any champion you can choose will be okay at some role on a team.

In other words, pick whatever the hell you like, and just focus on learning how to play it. Miss Fortune is fine also on a team with Gangplank - he'd normally function as a jungler or 'solo top' role while she'd be the AD carry bottom, but they could even lane together with Gangplank played as 'support gangplank' - a viable if very unusual way to play him.

Sejuani actually isn't bad, but she faces the same problem of a jungler like Maokai or Amumu - vulnerable to counterjungling by a Shyvana or Mundo or whatever. Counterjungling isn't a problem that'll normally come up in lower level games, but even in higher ones, you can solve it by answering the following question: 'Will all our lanes be able to push whenever they want?' Counterjungling is generally made possible based on ganking or pushing; a team that can push very hard whenever they want then leave their lanes rarely has to worry about protecting their jungler. In a duo lane, I generally feel that Sejuani is too fragile to really contribute much unless she was paired with a very strong early game champion who could largely win the lane on their own, and uses her to help secure kills; her summoner spells would probably be a very aggressive fight summoner combo like exhaust/heal to contribute to that.

R00ler

04-09-2012

You seem to have picked three champions that have totally different playing styles. Miss Fortune is a squishy carry that can bring high damage late to a game. Sejuani is the opposite; she seems to be heavy in tankyness and CC but light on damage. Shyvana is more in the middle as your typical tanky fighter. If you’re a casual player you might have more luck with a more forgiving champion like Shyvana instead of Miss Fortune [with her, ‘the best defense is an over powering offense’ mentality] or Sejuani , who’s main stick is to bring the CC.

fullmetal2000

04-09-2012

why MF falls off late game, she doesnt do too much dmg?? i thought ad carrys should farm early on and do a lot of dmg late game. if mf is good early but dont late then she cant carry too much :S

MorbidWolfess

04-09-2012

I enjoy both tanky characters that never, EVER die, and characters that bring massive amounts of damage but are fragile. I can be either and do either quite nicely in my opinion

JxC

04-09-2012

Quote:
Tebowlike:
I hope Riot fixes her sometime soon.

agreed, i actually have her + skin and play her because i think she has great team utility, but i've also had my fair share of troubles with her (counterjungled, heavily team reliant and bursted down unless im ahead in items)

MorbidWolfess

04-10-2012

Yay Miss Fortune is free this week, hopefully this helps me out

DTG Dr Dazzle

04-10-2012

Sejuani Is a good disruptor, her ultimate being a huge benefit in team battles.
Same with Shyvana.

Miss Fortune dishes out the damage though and that E helps a lot.

I just don't seem to like many ranged champions other than Ashe.

Skidochufada

04-10-2012

If you don't have fun playing a character, you won't do well. Pick ones that look fun. Every now and then, you'll buy someone that looked fun, and you dislike (for me, it was Vlad).

TornSpirit

04-10-2012

MF 'falls off' late game because her kit simply isn't as good late game for teamfights. Her steroids aren't as good, her slow isn''t very potent, and her ult doesn't deal alot of damage, not to mention the fact that using Q end game in most cases actually decreases damage dealt when taking into account attack speed.

SinfulKagemusha

04-10-2012

well, if you don't like Shyvana, then don't get her. I mean, you can always get good with her, but if you don't like a champion, then why buy them?
I've personally never tried Sejuani, nor have I played against her, but she has a nice skill-set as far as I can tell.
Really, though, you should pick whoever you want to. MF is on free to play this week, so you can play with her, and balance if you really like her or you want to take a pass.
Hope that helped!