What is the best postion/champ to carry games in solo que

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

silver032

04-08-2012

title says it all:
What is the best role/champ to single handily win a game?

greetings all, I'm going start by saying that I'm no pro and giving you a little background information. So i've being playing moba style games for around 8 years now starting with DoTA version 4.0 till 6.52 on WC3 and Sotis for SC2 and got into LoL last november. I consider myself fairly good at these games and competed for money while playing DoTA in CAL leagues back in the day. I also played a lot of public and private dota leagues and beta tested for icefrog

When I hit lvl 30 in LoL, i was thrilled to start playing ranked games. I understood map awareness, the meta-game and could hold my own in a lane. My first game was tough but I caught on fast... this still didnt prevent me from losing my first 20 games and dropping to 700 elo... Even though almost every game i would win my lane and go positive, I would still lose. Since then i've come back and hit a ceiling at 1150 elo. My elo ranged from 950-1150 usually in a oscillating pattern (go from 950 to 1150 and then 950 etc...) I can't seem to break through.

I think the problem has to do with my ability to not carry a game no matter how well i do early. I just played a game vs kassadin mid as kennen, and went 4-0 in 12 minutes only to lose the game because of a fail team. I know its probably a product of the elo im in but i believe there is a way to win a game pretty much solo. I can play around 40 champions decently and all roles, even though middle is my best. I want to get above the initial 1250 elo so I can start playing better games with harder players

So i'm asking the community, is there any particular role/champ that you believe can carry a game, regardless of how bad your team is?

wtfomgno

04-08-2012

support

monopolyman001

04-08-2012

i just used kennen and sivir to carry all my games up to the 1300 range. then i started exploring the support role and now have expanded the champs i use mid and mainly play mid and support through the 1400s

SLyF0X

04-08-2012

AD carry, i forgot the number exactly but well over 50% of the top 100 players main ad carry. It's a team game but at low elo you can carry with anything.

If you want to carry games early jungle and mid lane have the most influence.

If you want the greatest snowball potential top lane has that.

I would main ad carry just because of the statistics of it carrying at high elo but they all work

Apox

04-08-2012

there definitely is no "regardless of X", your team is always a factor on the win/loss BUT to increase your odds I would say

SOLO TOP: 1v1 matchup usually, bruisers, someone like Olaf, Shyvana, Riven who with enough feeding are big/bad enough to take on multiple enemies or become the juggernaut.
JUNGLE; ur advantage here is that you can generally be a bruiser again, and that as your team does bad (enemies pushed to the tower, getting cocky etc.) it does help provide more opportunities for you to get fed

avoid support role obviously in that situation as it completely relies on your team to do their job

overall though, it's a team game and it's going to take something from your teammates to win.

silver032

04-15-2012

i think i found my carrier

I purchased udyr last friday and now am 21-6 with him in ranked games. boosted me from 900 to 1150. With him, I can counter jungle prettyt much anyone, have beast gankes, and end up with 5 kills or assits by the time blue spawns for the 3rd time