Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Please help our team composition for Semi-Pro

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dalagrath

04-08-2012

Me and some of my friends have recently gotten back into LoL and I am trying to help them understand team composition, warding, map control, buffs/baron/dragon, etc.

However, my friends have become stubborn when it comes to the heroes they play. Here is a list of the heroes each friend plays (Primary Hero is BOLDED):

Me - Ahri, Skarner, Udyr, Sejuani

Friend 1 - Talon, Wukong

Friend 2 - Malzahar, Janna

Friend 3 - Corki, Viegar

Friend 4 (Random) - Mostly AP Mid or Carry

You can see the problem, yes? We are all Attack oriented carry/range/mage(ish) characters. We have almost no team comp to work with and get demolished against a team with a tank.

So, I am asking you all to give me some advice or a good team comp to begin with. I told them I will be the Tank as long as we get a Jungle/support to fill in for me.

What tank should I choose and why? Also, which of their primary characters should be changed for a different hero? Which? Why?

Rynkrt3

04-08-2012

Tank teemo

Slothiroth

04-08-2012

Why not just play Skarner or Sejuani to cover both tank and jungle positions? You could also pick up Maokai to jungle/tank as well.

You cover jungle with Skarner, Udyr, Sejuani.

Friend 1 covers solo top with either Talon or Wukong. Wukong would be a lot better though.

Friend 2 should main Janna as support.

Friend 3 should stick with Corki and be bot AD carry.

Friend 4 can stay as mid AP carry.

Although each of you should learn to play different roles. More versatility and experience for your whole team overall.

Im The Mark

04-08-2012

If you could find a decent nautalis player, probably would synergise really well with that team.

Roarem

Recruiter

04-08-2012

Honestly I think you should just try to find a different team. Being stubborn in terms of heroes is not acceptable, and sometimes you're going to have to play a hero you might not want to. It's okay to specialize into roles, but if it came down to it make sure you're able to play all positions. If you guys are arguing over AP mid look at what you're facing mid and let the person play with the best champion counter. For example, Talon trashes most burst AP mids, yet Mal and Ahri have their place. Learn the match-ups.

You guys also need a solid jungler, which could be you. Try jungling Rammus or Dr. Mundo and see how you like it. Here's a pretty easy team comp...

You - Jungle Rammus (Mundo if banned)
F1 - Talon (I'm assuming he's really good mid Talon)
F2 - Janna (If he's not good with Talon, F1 goes Wu and F2 goes Mal)
F3 - Corki Top (I would recommend F3 learning a support just in case F2 doesn't want to go Janna)
F4 - AD Carry bot. I'd recommend Vayne as it would probably suit the offensive style of the team.

or

You - Jungle Sej
F1 - Wukong Top
F2 - Malz
F3 - Soraka
F4 - Caitlyn

or one you can already do... although it's a bit low on AP.

You - Jungle Skarner
F1 - Wukong Top
F2 - Janna
F3 - Mid Corki
F4 - AD Carry.

Honestly although Corki is good, Veig is pretty bad imho in ranked games. Far too squishy with no escape.

Dalagrath

04-08-2012

Quote:
Im The Mark:
If you could find a decent nautalis player, probably would synergise really well with that team.

Nautalis would be a good player for our fourth? Yes?

Dalagrath

04-08-2012

Quote:
Roarem:
Honestly I think you should just try to find a different team. Being stubborn in terms of heroes is not acceptable, and sometimes you're going to have to play a hero you might not want to. It's okay to specialize into roles, but if it came down to it make sure you're able to play all positions. If you guys are arguing over AP mid look at what you're facing mid and let the person play with the best champion counter. For example, Talon trashes most burst AP mids, yet Mal and Ahri have their place. Learn the match-ups.

You guys also need a solid jungler, which could be you. Try jungling Rammus or Dr. Mundo and see how you like it. Here's a pretty easy team comp...

You - Jungle Rammus (Mundo if banned)
F1 - Talon (I'm assuming he's really good mid Talon)
F2 - Janna (If he's not good with Talon, F1 goes Wu and F2 goes Mal)
F3 - Corki Top (I would recommend F3 learning a support just in case F2 doesn't want to go Janna)
F4 - AD Carry bot. I'd recommend Vayne as it would probably suit the offensive style of the team.

or

You - Jungle Sej
F1 - Wukong Top
F2 - Malz
F3 - Soraka
F4 - Caitlyn

Honestly although Corki is good, Veig is pretty bad imho in ranked games. Far too squishy with no escape.

Thank you for the great response and good information. I tried Sejuani for Jungle, was very rough >.<. However, her late game survivability is insane. Any other Jungle/Tanks you recommend?

Roarem

Recruiter

04-08-2012

As I've listed before try Rammus, Mundo, Skarner (If they aren't too burst heavy), and of course Maokai. Maokai is one of the top tier jungling tanks imo but he might not fit well into your team's aggressive feel.

Dalagrath

04-08-2012

I did see Maokai. I liked his Warding saplings. Good map control for a bit. I have Skarner, but he feels very situational with his ultimate.

LOVER105

04-10-2012

honestly l2p more champs all of u. u will stand a better chance in the banes