Taric, or Zilean and Janna?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Parkinsonian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-07-2010

I am about to approach 3150 IP, and I would like to purchase a support hero. I already have Soraka, Kayle, and Morgana. (I know that the latter two have several build styles, but they can be played support effectively) I was debating whether to buy Taric or both Zilean and Janna with my IP.

I think Zil has a great passive and nuking ability up to level 9; he would be my go-to in TT. I have only one game logged as Janna, but had trouble using whirlwind in clutch situations. Will it get easier in this regard? She seems great on paper, though I am wondering how badly her nerfs affected her.

Taric seems extremely solid in terms of pushing and healing, especially with/against physical comps, which would fill in a nice gap; since Soraka and Morgana are better with/against more magical teams.

What would the community recommend? I'd especially value advice from owners of all 3.

Starr

08-07-2010

They're all good heroes, and in my opinion are situational picks.

Do you have friends that you play with? If so what do they play? If you play solo pick one and slowly buy them all.

TimeScar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-07-2010

Taric is top tier right now, Janna is as well imo though people definitely are whining about her nerfs. I don't think Zil is a great champion, but he can be good in the right hands.

Xitras

08-07-2010

Personally would rather go Janna and Zilean, because Janna wins every game

Zenthamos

08-07-2010

A AP/aura support Taric can make one of the best healers and team pushers(a heal which heals for around 1k and a ult which heals you every second for around 200hp if built right), though you will get targeted quickly when they see you as an Aura Banner.

Janna...Is Janna, she specializes in generally being an annoying person that can knockup the entire enemy team in a battle with a single spell, has a natural ghost ability with her passive and air elemental passive while its active being like exhaust. Then an aoe pushback heal which makes the entire enemy teams hardwork at getting down you teams health worth nothing if they dont stun you. Seen a janna with Heal and clarity and whenever the teamfights got going and not looking good, she would pop her ult and two summoner spells at the same time(restart from fresh anyone?).

A good Zilean can cause hell for the enemy team if you got a really heavy melee dps'er with guardian angel, say Tyrn for example. He dies first time, comes back to life and you ult him, he dies again and comes back to life just to use his ult. Throw a bomb each time on Tyrn(rewind after you use your alt), and watch the enemy scatter.

Parkinsonian

Recruiter

08-07-2010

I have a lot of friends who play, and they cover pretty much every range of champion. I could use some help with supporting physical carries, and I think Janna and Taric would be good for that. A pro for Taric is that after winning a team fight, his ult can really help the team capitalize on a victory. Zil's ult, as Zenthamos stated, would be extremely good as well for keeping carries alive in a committed team fight.

How badly was the hitbox to Howling Gale nerfed?

Blugyblug

08-07-2010

I love seeing a good Zilean on my team.

Grand Treason

08-07-2010

Janna.

Deathlordx

08-07-2010

Janna is absurd
Zilean is annoying
Taric is great but..fabulous..

Parkinsonian

Recruiter

08-07-2010

Thanks for the advice. So far I have the following totals.

Taric 3
Janna 5
Zilean 4