Determining who goes on mid

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Karrarin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-08-2012

I know there's series of champions that are best at mid, generally ranged mage (cmiiw)

But when there's multiple ap champs, then how do you determine who goes to mid (other than discussing with teammates)? Is there any special orders or something?

thank you

Tea Rex

04-08-2012

Not really. xD Discussing it with your team is usually the best course of action. But you're right, there are certain AP champs that are better suited for mid than others. Like if there's a Katarina and a Veigar on your team, Veigar should probably go mid.

I guess it's part common sense and part discussion, if you try to play by the meta.

Bloodmo0n

04-08-2012

If you want mid, you pick a mid champ then call it. Easy as that. If someone argues, just pick a different champ. Best way is to decide while you can still change your champ.

Karrarin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-08-2012

Yes, I do agree communicating is the easiest part of determining who goes on mid. But most of the games I had, the people were cold, and they just simply don't reply or say a thing... >_<
Even words like "good luck and have fun" or notify who is missing from the lane. it sucks to have mute teammates.

So if there were ryze, ziggs and fiddlestick, who would be the mid?

DerGregorian

04-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karrarin View Post
Yes, I do agree communicating is the easiest part of determining who goes on mid. But most of the games I had, the people were cold, and they just simply don't reply or say a thing... >_<
Even words like "good luck and have fun" or notify who is missing from the lane. it sucks to have mute teammates.

So if there were ryze, ziggs and fiddlestick, who would be the mid?
Ryze.
Fids a terrible laner and Ryze I find is better end game than ziggs.

Ambiencat

04-08-2012

He's asking once those 3 have locked in. In that case, I'd say whoever called it first probably has a "right" to it, but really it boils down to who will be the most stubborn. I'd probably want Zigs there if we had those 3 APs going after it (Ryze top due to his natural tankiness, Fid bottom due to being able to kill dragon solo early) assuming neither team had a jungler.

Oh, and I disagree with above poseter. Fiddle isn't a terrible laner, particularly at lower levels (assuming this question is being asked by a lower level player). Out of those 3 champs you listed, I'd say he's the biggest noob stomper. But yeah, he tapers off at higher levels once people are used to him, though I still mid with him and do fine against most mages. His strengths aren't in bursting down his opponent and winning the lane outright, but rather never leaving the lane (build mana regen and cdr) and forcing the opponent out of lane, which gives you ganking opportunities. My only real problem with mid fid is his AA animation isn't great, and last hitting with him is harder than most champs in myopinion (his E almost makes up for it, but then it can be hard to keep the wave where you want it also depending on where the E goes because of it's randomness).

Bloodmo0n

04-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDeadMarchx View Post
If you want mid, you pick a mid champ then call it. Easy as that. If someone argues, just pick a different champ. Best way is to decide while you can still change your champ.
lol, this works until nobody says anything, you lock in, then a level 6 who thinks he can play intermediate bots calls mid and stays with you all game :3