Dominion score

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Leburminator

04-08-2012

i dont play dominion often, so i dont really know if this is true, but in quite a few games i have played, the enemy who is either doing the most for his team,will probably not get the top score. For a while, i was always trying (and often succeding) in getting the top score in my team, but i noticed that from the stats, others were doing alot more in terms of winning.

im talking about things like: staying to get the point, when you could save a team mate and let some1 else capture it, just thing like that, which mean you dont get as higher score, but is helping your team

correct me if im wrong, but therefore, that would mean, score doesnt mean that much at all (admit it, we've all had games where you have a score way higher han any1 else, and then lost, blaming your team) i kinda just realised that the loss could have been alot more to do with me than i previously thought.

btw, im not a dom player, but i go there occationally, and this is what ive noticed from my few visits to the game

Orphane

04-08-2012

Dominion score is not a terribly accurate representation of how much someone contributed to a win or loss by itself, no.

Kolos1001

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-08-2012

look at the overall score at the end of the game. the winning team will always have more total. Bot lane score doesn't mean anything.

if you have 800points more than the next person you can tell that you're doing better.

trollkatt

04-08-2012

It is very difficult to measure these kinds of actions in a game for a computer, so the score is not necessarilly accurate, but there is some (very loose) correlation between how much you help the team and the score that you get.

Shaxtenn

04-08-2012

Every time I'm running away from a point because an ally is already neutralising/capping it, so that I can get to another point we need to defend or contest more quickly - a play that helps my team win, but actively punishes my score - I'm reminded that score is stupid.

But even knowing that score is inaccurate and irrelevant, it's still hard to break away from thinking things like "that guy is on the bottom, I don't have to listen to him", or "I'm in first place, I don't have to listen to anyone else." There's something powerful about seeing the players on your team ranked 1-5. Even if the logic determining those rankings is flawed.

It's nice seeing a gold medal beside your name, but that's really the only good thing about personal score.

Kiddalee

04-09-2012

Consider your score in relation to your champion role. I've observed some of these patterns but I'm still developing them. Take it with a grain of salt:

If everybody is doing their jobs, Supports will have high scores from buffing their teammates often. Zoners will have low scores, sometimes fifth, because they might not be standing very close to the point as they prevent enemies from interrupting their teammates. Bottom is usually very low, but if they take and hold the enemy point without dying, they might be legitimate high scorers, as turtling gives free points. Map-trolls will score on top if they backdoor and killsteal all day, and somewhere in the middle if they prefer to control the jungle and interrupt captures.