Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

This Skin (Ahri)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RedYume

04-11-2012

Quote:
Black Lister:
The imagery and subtle use of emotions and description made me able to actually see your fictional world around me, feel the feelings of the characters as they interacted, and empathise with them. The descriptive and flowing style of wording gave me chills, and I ever so much aspire to write as well as you do. Looking back on my own stories, none of them can even compare to this, despite the amount I've written.

Well done, and a +1 to you!

Thank you so much for the praise. It means a lot to me. Your comment totally made my night and I'm really glad you enjoyed my little story. <3

Gage Paragrine

04-12-2012

Ahri in a professionally made fan fiction that does not involve lesbian relationships or dumb dating pairs? It's the sign of the apocalypse! Quick, everyone panic!

But seriously, I just brows the fan fiction out of boredom and it's not often I find stories written so well, especially with Ahri. She's my favorite champ so I had to read this, and it was not disappointing in the slightest. But you did write that very well and detailed but not to a suffocating degree, which is cool, I had to read lots of stuff that just made me read the same lines three times to understand. Really liked the details of how she still killed wild animals like a fox, really brings her down from that, "Flawless Anime Girl" sterotype that most people liked to toss her on when they announced her. She is such a complex character. Someone with no real identity besides her hunting styles and new-found guilt for killing innocent people.

Kinda surprised the Riot team did not delve into an actual kitsune mythology, and instead gave her her own character. Granted she still seduces men with a flawless figure like one of the legends say, but nothing else. No reason of why she has 9 tails instead of 1. In kitsune legends, 9 tails meant the kitsune was either incredibly old, powerful, or honored, depending on which story you read. And every tail was a gift by Inari, mistress/lord/queen/empress of all kitsune, I think, kind of like a badge of honor, only, fluffy tails instead of things I could easily misplace or sell on Ebay.

Anyway, very good read, thanks for that Hope to see more Ahri tales!

RedYume

04-13-2012

Quote:
Gage Paragrine:
Ahri in a professionally made fan fiction that does not involve lesbian relationships or dumb dating pairs? It's the sign of the apocalypse! Quick, everyone panic!

But seriously, I just brows the fan fiction out of boredom and it's not often I find stories written so well, especially with Ahri. She's my favorite champ so I had to read this, and it was not disappointing in the slightest. But you did write that very well and detailed but not to a suffocating degree, which is cool, I had to read lots of stuff that just made me read the same lines three times to understand. Really liked the details of how she still killed wild animals like a fox, really brings her down from that, "Flawless Anime Girl" sterotype that most people liked to toss her on when they announced her. She is such a complex character. Someone with no real identity besides her hunting styles and new-found guilt for killing innocent people.

Kinda surprised the Riot team did not delve into an actual kitsune mythology, and instead gave her her own character. Granted she still seduces men with a flawless figure like one of the legends say, but nothing else. No reason of why she has 9 tails instead of 1. In kitsune legends, 9 tails meant the kitsune was either incredibly old, powerful, or honored, depending on which story you read. And every tail was a gift by Inari, mistress/lord/queen/empress of all kitsune, I think, kind of like a badge of honor, only, fluffy tails instead of things I could easily misplace or sell on Ebay.

Anyway, very good read, thanks for that Hope to see more Ahri tales!

Thank you for all the kind words!

I was also surprised they didn't use traditional kitsune mythology with her, as the tails don't have the generally accepted meaning of a 'gift' or a spiritual representation of past lives. If this WAS inferred by her lore, when they mention that she felt in touch with the magic around her, then I feel it wasn't as pronounced a connection as it perhaps could have been.

Lol, I see what you did there with the tails vs badges. I guess those kinda goddessly gifts DO avoid "regifting" to others for a quick profit. ^_~

Thank you again!

AlahForPrez

04-13-2012

This story needs a nerf

Kozilek Eldrazi

04-15-2012

This is one of the best pieces of writing I have ever seen. Not just fan fiction, but general writing as well. You actually have a gift.

RedYume

04-15-2012

Quote:
AlahForPrez:
This story needs a nerf

Lol, thank you!

RedYume

04-18-2012

Quote:
Kozilek Eldrazi:
This is one of the best pieces of writing I have ever seen. Not just fan fiction, but general writing as well. You actually have a gift.

Thank you so much. It's so flattering of you to say! <3

DyneTyrreal

04-24-2012

Hmm, nothing but praise from any one and you wont hear any thing but it from me either. Very well written I really enjoyed this. You followed what little lore was given on Ahri and expanded upon it immensely. League of Legends has always been lacking on lore and with neither judgments nor journal of justice being done any more its really just lacking on any story what so ever. Even if it is fan fiction this feels like it would be part of the world Riot has created and didn't deviate from how the character was portrayed when she first came out. So as every one else has said before me, well done. Hope to see more of these from you soon.

Advocations

07-13-2012

What is this that i have found

Eredaar

07-14-2012

very good