Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Champion Suggestion] Eddy Thunder, the Monk with Legs of Steel

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DoS BoSS

04-07-2012

Everything here can be modified to however suits, i just wanted to see a fighter who's as kool as Eddy Gordo. =P DOES NOT HAVE TO BE CAPOEIRA... (african person would be KOOL as it can be referenced TO Eddy Gordo)

combo champion kinda like lee sin or udyr =D that would be awesome then =D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-48RDt7aNo

Physique - black curly/wavy hair, dark skin toned, guy/kid in his early 20's, maybe even can be a teenager around 14-19

---STORY---
A young monk from Shojin Monastery. Born a single child, he is a cocky kid who thinks he is the toughest thing around. His parents sent him there in order to be well mannered through martial arts. When he was there, he would sit at the monastery watching the elder students practice their martial arts and in turn, practicing their lessons instead of what he is supposed to. He also practiced with an elder student by the name of Lee Sin, who in turn teaches him the fundamentals and how to be a righteous person.

When he heard that Lee had joined up with the League of Legends. He ran away from Shojin to join up with the League in hopes of finding his "elder brother" Lee and fight alongside him.

---Role---
Assassin, Initiator, Melee, Fighter

---Attack Animations---
punches and kicks.
crits are always kicks, kicks dont always have to be crits.

Power Source: 200 Energy

---Skill Set---
Innate - Wise Guy - +10 tenacity, When Eddy is stunned/slowed/knock-up, he gets an additional 5/10/15/20/25/30 additional AD and gains additional 5 energy/sec for 5 seconds, stacking up to 2 times.

Watch Eddy Gordo video, the standing spinning back kick like 3:30

Q - *Wind Slicer (800 ranged, skill shot) - Eddy spin and back kicks the air with such force that the wind slices through in a small direct cone, reveals area for 1 sec, also the source of the cone does (60/95/130/165/200)+(1.0 AD) damage (basically if u'r close to him, u will be dealt heavy damage from his kick) and wind slices across in a small cone, almost a thick straight line, dealing (40/60/80/100/120)+(1.0 AP) weakening to 30% it's original damage the further it travels but, at the end of the wind distance, it does a last snap dealing (60/85/110/135/160)+(.75 AD)+(1.AP)

-60 Energy consumed
-11/10/9/8/7 sec CD

*basically a good harass + bush check, and a good synergy for his ulti.

1:19, something similar to that but from standing to ground to standing =D

W - **Flare (close ranged-AoE-skill shot) - 3 quick swift spin kicks. (20/30/40/50/60)+(.25AD) damage low kick for .25 second stun stunning opponents in place, setup for second and third kick. second kick he falls down onto hands, momentum from first kick spins his kick aimed to mid body dealing (50/70/90/110/130)+(0.25AD) damage. third, he's on hand stand, jumps with arms, upside down spinning kick with leg split that does (60/95/130/165/200)+(0.5AD) damage, a small knockback like Riven's Broken Wing and in turn slowing 20/25/30/35/40% for 2 seconds.

-60 Energy consumed
-10 sec CD

**basically his "get-off-of-me" move. he lands on his feet after this ends. kicks should be very fluid and almost instantaneous within .25 of a second. yes, he is as fast as Wu's ulti spin!

watch 1:04 shows a quick clip of one.

E - ***Butterfly Kick (up to 800 range skill shot) - a sweeping attack from left to right with leg kicks. Eddy quickly spins backwards and kicks in a straight line, dealing (100/120/140/160/180)+(1.0AD) to all enemies collided with. creeps traveled through are damaged. collision with enemy champ is stopped.

-40 Energy consumed
-11/10/9/8/7 seconds CD

***basically jumped from where he originally was. the kick can be used as a gap closer with damage on that jump. example; look at Sejuani arctic assault.

R - ****Sunday's Special (Target or Skill Shot) - short hop (similar to grave's dash, 400) to an axe kick, slamming the ground with his leg dealing (100/175/250)+(0.75AD) KNOCKING UP enemies in a 350 AoE into the air and the CLOSEST enemy champion is then swiftly kicked for (150/2750/400)+(2.0AD) and sent backwards (800 distance) by Eddy towards the opposite direction of Eddy's hop.

Enemies that collide with the target takes the same amount of damage. enemies that are on ground is pushed aside 100 knockback from the collision and slowing move and attack speed for 2 seconds. if they were knocked up, come crashing down and stunned for 1 second pushed aside for 100 knockback and slowing move and attack speed by an additional 1 second after being stun.

-No Energy required
-100/80/60 seconds cooldown

****lol, i just thought the name's funny to put it like that since Eddy can be "cocky"... so i added Raditz from DBZ's attack name =P but more importantly, this can be a set up for his Q to land with also. not only that, it is a kick to send the enemy towards ur allies for more punishment. basically just like an opposite of lee sin's Dragon's Rage but does a knockup aoe then sends them flying backwards.

What do u guys think?? constructive criticism is always welcomed =D questions r always good to clear things up so that i can see what is needed to change.

Thx all for reading my champion =D

Edit Notes-----------------------Edit Notes-----------------------Edit Notes-----------------------Edit Notes

--EDIT 4/9/2012--
added CD and Dmg ratio's, if they r too high or too low LMK, thx.

--EDIT 4/10/2012--
Added source of power as energy, tweaked some wordings, nerfed some damage outputs. removed "and stunning the enemies in a 200 AoE where he landed by for .5 seconds." from butterfly kick. TY Ambrux for pointing some things out.

--EDIT 4/11/2012--
Completely reworked his Triple Kick and renamed it to Flare... old wordings were "W - **Triple Kick (close ranged, Targeted) - 3 swift kicks to enemy target. (20/30/40/50/60)+(.25AD) damage low kick for .25 second stun stunning opponent in place, setup for second and third kick. second kick aimed to mid body dealing (60/95/130/165/200)+(0.8AD) damage to target. third kick is an AoE spin kick that does (50/70/90/110/130)+(1.0 AD) damage, a small knockback like Riven's Broken Wing and in turn slowing 20/25/30/35/40% for 2 seconds."

DoS BoSS

04-08-2012

wat =C no comments or n e thing from viewers??

DoS BoSS

04-09-2012

hmmm... i got a downvote, but no explanation from whomever did it =S

i need some reviews plz =D in return i will review ur champ request too, just link

funtofant

04-09-2012

pretty good, sounds pretty balanced.

MpjG1rl

04-09-2012

He sounds like a VERY POWERFUL Lee Sin rival. I like the idea of having a COLORED character in LOL, I mean everyone of them that are human arent colored. Either white (or looks white) and asian...Anyways I think it's a good character concept. =]

Ambrux

04-10-2012

Here is my synopsis:
[Q]: Seems to me that there is too much scaling based on AD, but mechanics-wise it seems to be lacking at close range while being hard to avoid further out. I am also assuming that he doesn't have a power source (eg. mana, energy, rage, etc.).
[W]: Firstly, will the third kick do damage? Secondly, is there a delay between kicks? If there is not, the burst potential of this ability early on makes a CC slow too much utility. Also, most of my speculation for damage scaling assumes that (1.0 AD) means that with 50 AD it gains 50 Damage, correct me if I am mistaken.
[E]: This ability would be balanced if the stun stacking and burst potential from the other abilities were not cumulative as they are right now. This seems similar to Shyvana's Ultimate, instead with an AoE stun at the end. Abilities like this make it far too easy to engage in or escape from a gank.
[R]: I'm thinking that a targeted or not target mechanic would be very hard to pull off when attempting to strike near and not on an enemy. There is also too much damage potential for an assassin with a clutch ability.
Overall I would say that his kit utilizes too many safety skills for a true assassin and many easy to use stuns. I would rate him at: 6/10. My main priority for balancing would be a power source or longer cooldowns.

DoS BoSS

04-10-2012

Quote:
Ambrux:
Here is my synopsis:
[Q]: Seems to me that there is too much scaling based on AD, but mechanics-wise it seems to be lacking at close range while being hard to avoid further out. I am also assuming that he doesn't have a power source (eg. mana, energy, rage, etc.).
[W]: Firstly, will the third kick do damage? Secondly, is there a delay between kicks? If there is not, the burst potential of this ability early on makes a CC slow too much utility. Also, most of my speculation for damage scaling assumes that (1.0 AD) means that with 50 AD it gains 50 Damage, correct me if I am mistaken.
[E]: This ability would be balanced if the stun stacking and burst potential from the other abilities were not cumulative as they are right now. This seems similar to Shyvana's Ultimate, instead with an AoE stun at the end. Abilities like this make it far too easy to engage in or escape from a gank.
[R]: I'm thinking that a targeted or not target mechanic would be very hard to pull off when attempting to strike near and not on an enemy. There is also too much damage potential for an assassin with a clutch ability.
Overall I would say that his kit utilizes too many safety skills for a true assassin and many easy to use stuns. I would rate him at: 6/10. My main priority for balancing would be a power source or longer cooldowns.

ty ambrux =D i will try to crunch in new numbers and more specificity ASAP. ty for pointing out.

--UPDATES--
Added source of power as energy, tweaked some wordings, nerfed some damage outputs. removed "and stunning the enemies in a 200 AoE where he landed by for .5 seconds." from butterfly kick. TY Ambrux for pointing some things out.

GriimTheReaper

04-11-2012

**** bro...... o -o

Me like!

DoS BoSS

04-12-2012

--EDIT 4/11/2012--
Completely reworked his Triple Kick and renamed it to Flare... old wordings were "W - **Triple Kick (close ranged, Targeted) - 3 swift kicks to enemy target. (20/30/40/50/60)+(.25AD) damage low kick for .25 second stun stunning opponent in place, setup for second and third kick. second kick aimed to mid body dealing (60/95/130/165/200)+(0.8AD) damage to target. third kick is an AoE spin kick that does (50/70/90/110/130)+(1.0 AD) damage, a small knockback like Riven's Broken Wing and in turn slowing 20/25/30/35/40% for 2 seconds."

DoS BoSS

04-13-2012

reviews and free bumps for other's to see would be awesome guys =D thx. i will try to update asap also.