No XP or IP in bot game??

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Swampmajikk

04-07-2012

I just played a beginner bot game and we won and for some reason i did not receive any xp or ip at the end. This is really lame because i paid for an xp and ip boost only yesterday and it was a 3 day boost for both so there is no reason i shouldnt have gotten anything.. Has anyone had this problem or could someone help me out?

-Swampmajikk

Pulsefire Vi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-07-2012

It will only ever not give you XP or IP if the teams are imbalanced, aka you have 5 people and they have 3.

ALL Froggen

04-07-2012

Juiceboxx1

04-07-2012

Bot games give you xp and ip up until a set time. It's like the win bonus from normals/ranked.

ALargeBear

04-07-2012

Two probable reasons.

1: If it was co-op vs AI, you get up to 3 hours of IP/XP per day from playing those.

2: If it were a custom game, unbalanced teams as mentioned above.

BrainiacOutcast

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-07-2012

You can only get xp for up to 180 total minutes of bot games per day. I took a look at your match history and you've got a lot of bot games played recently, so that's probably the problem. I recommend filling your two rune pages with tier 1 runes for a better chance, and playing some pvp so you can keep getting IP, even if you do lose.

Also, you should probably play intermediate bot games from now on at least. Your builds make sense overall and your scores are alright. You could use the challenge. (I strongly recommend to never buy Mejai's soulstealer or Sword of the Occult on any champion in any situation, though.)

Xr420

04-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainiacOutcast View Post
You can only get xp for up to 180 total minutes of bot games per day. I took a look at your match history and you've got a lot of bot games played recently, so that's probably the problem. I recommend filling your two rune pages with tier 1 runes for a better chance, and playing some pvp so you can keep getting IP, even if you do lose.

Also, you should probably play intermediate bot games from now on at least. Your builds make sense overall and your scores are alright. You could use the challenge. (I strongly recommend to never buy Mejai's soulstealer or Sword of the Occult on any champion in any situation, though.)
This guy sumed it right up. You're playing too many bot games. Sure would be nice if we could all grind up IP for a new champ via bot games, but I figure riot didn't want that, and thats why they added the 180 minute thing.

Swampmajikk

04-09-2012

Thank you all for posting. I did figure this out though eventually..
Thing is I paid a pretty large amount of money for champs and skins and the ip and xp boost so i'm actually one of the rare players who actually pays...so its sort of annoying that i will lose my ability to get xp and ip at any point. In the first 3 weeks of playing i probably plunked out about $70.... What can i say the allure of the champions and stuff got me.

BrainiacOutcast:
I have played a couple intermediate games with mixed results. And i switched to pvp for a while once i figured out that i couldnt get xp and ip from bot games anymore. The thing is i bought about 15 champions so i'm trying to learn them all and figure out who i like best.
And some of my scores have been downright horrible.. My learning time with LeBlanc was disastrous at best. As for mejai's soulsteal and sword of the occult I was led to those items by build guides on other sites for certain characters. I personally really liked mejai's soulsteal for LeBlanc and Xerath. Would you care to elaborate on why i shouldn't use those? Thanks.

Soverayne

04-09-2012

I understand your frustration with 3 hours of bot games only. It would be nice if you could farm up to say 2050 max with bot games rather than the 3 hour rule so that you could use bot games to farm runes and be competitive in PVP but that would still stop you from farming out champions with bots.

As for Mejai and sword of the occult. These items might be good in a bot game where you can rack up dozens of kills no matter who you are but in true pvp they are traps.

Firstly your never guaranteed to get assists or kills thus making the gold spent on them to begin with (and the slot) wasted until you can spend enough time to get the stacks.

Secondly, should you start to stack this up above 8 or 9 stacks people will focus you just to remove said stacks. Nothing says KILL ME like 12 stacks on a Mejai.

Thirdly, You will die. When you accept this you'll understand the pitfall of Mejai's. Generally in a back and forth game everyone dies 3-5 times depending on role. BUT, they die throughout the game meaning you'll lose stacks consistently throughout the match.

When it comes down to it the money and item slot you spend on this would just give you a greater benefit for something that doesn't go away.

Kaiser Celedorn

04-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampmajikk View Post
Thank you all for posting. I did figure this out though eventually..
Thing is I paid a pretty large amount of money for champs and skins and the ip and xp boost so i'm actually one of the rare players who actually pays...so its sort of annoying that i will lose my ability to get xp and ip at any point. In the first 3 weeks of playing i probably plunked out about $70.... What can i say the allure of the champions and stuff got me.

BrainiacOutcast:
I have played a couple intermediate games with mixed results. And i switched to pvp for a while once i figured out that i couldnt get xp and ip from bot games anymore. The thing is i bought about 15 champions so i'm trying to learn them all and figure out who i like best.
And some of my scores have been downright horrible.. My learning time with LeBlanc was disastrous at best. As for mejai's soulsteal and sword of the occult I was led to those items by build guides on other sites for certain characters. I personally really liked mejai's soulsteal for LeBlanc and Xerath. Would you care to elaborate on why i shouldn't use those? Thanks.
you are not one of the "rare" players who pays. Riot can't afford such a large amount of data and server in 3 continents with rarely any players who pay. I mean....do you see advertisements on their main site? See any on their game client? They don't even sell ad space, so majority of their revenue comes from their RP sales.

edit: because you said "my scores are downright horrible". Those items are only good if you are rolling everyone over 3 times or better. Then again, if you are already dominating, you can afford to buy much better items for leblanc.

Also, you are paying massive amount of gold for stacks. You need a bunch of stack for each item to be worth it (as in break even for your champ), while other AP items are efficient for certain champs, and not just "worth it".