Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Mid Gath and AP Yi

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SHlTTER SLAYER

04-07-2012

I beat a Cass in Mid as Cho in RANKED 1,200 ELO (kinda low i brought it up from 750)
People trolled me in game because i went as Mid Gath i out sustained Cass and dodged her spells tell my why Mid Gath is bad? also i went 25-8 AP Yi mid and carried a 0-11 Kass i remember the game very well yet people keep telling me my mid choices Blow why?

MarcusGraves

04-07-2012

its 1200 elo, REALLY low most players spout dumb **** there but you can also get away with a lot more for what you do in that range

Zectre

04-10-2012

Mid-Gath is acceptable. The only reason why "High Elo Players" rage at that notion is purely because he can solo-top and 1v2.

There are a few things to take to mind when playing Cho'Gath in mind, however.

1: As Cho'Gath, you eat minions and give not one **** about what your enemy champion does, as they'll have to poke at you relentlessly to get you away from their minions to get to yours.
2: Enemy carry will be underfarmed and delicious at level 6
3: Versatility as Cho'Gath allows him to tank, go mage, or even Attk Sp/AP'Gath (i've seen it do some brutal stuff early and into late)

The only reason people want him to Top is because people think that the Carry in mid would whip him into next-year. I've eaten many a precious Ashe, Brand, Annie, Fiddle, Vayne, and more that I care to mention in my PVP game-time. Although I play the MFing Cho'Gath build, which allows me to out-live and out-sustain all the mid-champs I've gone against.

Fun stuff, but only viable with a team of folks you know, as they'll be the only ones to understand why you take Cho in the mid.

tC Paulie

04-10-2012

AP Yi is the best mid in the game currently in my opinion. I've shut down every single person I've come across in mid.

Cass is a squishy joke for a well-played AP Yi mid.

Keitterman

04-10-2012

Who reffers to Cho'Gath as "gath"? maybe that's why they were trolling :-/

Don Kuni

04-10-2012

Quote:
MarcusGraves:
its 1200 elo, REALLY low most players spout dumb **** there but you can also get away with a lot more for what you do in that range

1250 is the top 25% of the elo bracket in ranked dude.....
1400 is the to 10% and i think 1600ish is 5%... 2k is around .05%?

So its not god awful high but out of all the players it isnt ****, i got my numbers from LoLpedia

Jamaree

04-10-2012

Quote:
BigDonald:
1250 is the top 25% of the elo bracket in ranked dude.....
1400 is the to 10% and i think 1600ish is 5%... 2k is around .05%?

So its not god awful high but out of all the players it isnt ****, i got my numbers from LoLpedia

Sweet, I'm in the top 10%, moving on up.

Xytrin

04-10-2012

Quote:
tC Paulie:
AP Yi is the best mid in the game currently in my opinion. I've shut down every single person I've come across in mid.

Cass is a squishy joke for a well-played AP Yi mid.

AP Yi has 1 damage ability that scales w/ AP. That is a complete waste. All the enemy needs to do is keep a distance from their minion and farm when your Q is on cd. its a terrible joke and provides 0 benefit to the team later in the game. It would be like any mage just have their Q ability and that is it.

Skathy

04-10-2012

the thing on AP yi isnt really his damage, its meditate.
you bring him to 1/4 hp and the next second he is full again for free, still, any champion who got silence,stun or knock back will deal with him just fine.

Jamaree

04-10-2012

Quote:
Ipwncarter:
I beat a Cass in Mid as Cho in RANKED 1,200 ELO (kinda low i brought it up from 750)
People trolled me in game because i went as Mid Gath i out sustained Cass and dodged her spells tell my why Mid Gath is bad? also i went 25-8 AP Yi mid and carried a 0-11 Kass i remember the game very well yet people keep telling me my mid choices Blow why?

Carrying and simple clean up are two different things. I can play LB and go 20/0/0 and still lose because she can only really single target burst and KS late game. AP Yi kind of works like that, he can't really use his skills to help kill the team like other AP carries, he can only Q and hope for a kill or assist, if neither happens, he is screwed. Cho Gath however, powerful mid. Sustain, high AP ratios, naturally tanky, if you can mid him, go nuts.