Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

AP or AD udyr?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tsavo213

08-06-2010

I have heard differing opinions can anyone tell me about AD udyr? I thought tiger stance sucked.

Eaglesfan

08-06-2010

tank.. other 2 suck

TodaysChaos

08-06-2010

^ Yeah.. Dps can be....Ok, if you get lucky. But tank is the best

TheFlamingdonut

08-06-2010

I agree with tank.

But if you're stuck on making AD or AP go AD, but only get 3 tiger.

Jeanyus

08-06-2010

I saw a tank Udyr turret dive Vlad and Olaf (everyone was lvl 18 and seemed competent) and just plain DESTROYED both of them 2v1, and no he wasn't fed he just knew how to play Udyr..... We then proceeded to push and end the game .

Master the stance dance.

haithere

08-06-2010

Tank Udyr can out survive almost anyone while still busting out some pretty nice sustained DPS.

If you have blue buff, then forget about it. You're a scary mofo.

Mojoman

08-07-2010

AP can end up being one of those silly-awesome builds. With Turtle stance u cant be touched xD

Tsavo213

08-07-2010

Hmm I will have to try tank. I suppose you just take Bear and turtle?

Mitch The Mighty

08-07-2010

The only way to play Udyr is to jungle, he sucks in a lane.

Start with Phoenix Stance, Cloth Armor, 5 Health potions and basically whatever creep camp you want (Blue buff or Small golems is usually best).

Then go Turtle, Phoenix, Bear, basically whatever you want but don't get Tiger Stance until you have to.

Jungle till you got both buffs, then either recall and gank (if your health is lowish) or gank start ganking right away

Build Madred's Razor or a Heart of Gold, then build items like Randuin's Omen, Sunfire Capes (vs heavy physical teams) and Banshee Veil (vs caster teams), before finishing your Madred's Bloodrazor (making a lantern could work too but I prefer the bloodrazor route.

Squeen

08-07-2010

Quote:
Mitch The Mighty:
The only way to play Udyr is to jungle, he sucks in a lane.

Start with Phoenix Stance, Cloth Armor, 5 Health potions and basically whatever creep camp you want (Blue buff or Small golems is usually best).

Then go Turtle, Phoenix, Bear, basically whatever you want but don't get Tiger Stance until you have to.

Jungle till you got both buffs, then either recall and gank (if your health is lowish) or gank start ganking right away

Build Madred's Razor or a Heart of Gold, then build items like Randuin's Omen, Sunfire Capes (vs heavy physical teams) and Banshee Veil (vs caster teams), before finishing your Madred's Bloodrazor (making a lantern could work too but I prefer the bloodrazor route.

I find it to be easier to get a fort pot when jungling. It allows you to kill all of the minions in your jungle with enough hp/mana to go out for ganks.