Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Master-Yi: AP or AD?

Ability power 87 47.03%
Attack damage 98 52.97%
Voters 185 .

Pool: Master-yi AP or AD?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cpt Rastapopulos

04-07-2012

If you never played master-yi AP and in another game AD, this pool is not for you.
I would like to know in summoners rift, wich is the best.

AD avantages
-Even if you have no mana you can still fight and do a lot of damages
-You can easeley become OP
-You can farm minions rapideley
-You can use your passive more often if you take attack speed

AP avantages
-Your alpha strike can do incredibles burst damages
-Your meditation can totaly change a battle
-An ennemy could think that he haves to buy armor againts M.yi, so his built is ineffective againts you
-You become unpredictable

What do you think? Post a short comment please!

-Rastapopulos

Snaketeeth01

04-07-2012

Your points dont mean much to me. Most people say ad yi can clear minions faster, but anytime i pkay ap yi i always mai tain top cs. Once alpha strike 1 hits minions you clear 5 at a time.

Ad yi woukd use his passive more, but since the passive only affects his ad, ap yi doesnt care.

My biggest issue with ao yi is that my teamates always think ao yi is only good for one burst and hes useless, which is absolutely not true. It's a problem that nobody knows how to play with ap yi.

Yes his q is a nice burst, but his strength is the ability to bait and lure between q.
Once in meditate yi will not be killed unless he is stunned or silenced.
which if they use silence on yi, they didnt use it on your ap carry.
if they stun you, they didnt stun your ad carry.
once you can use alpha to get a kill with highlander on you can instantly q again.
its very fast, and much safer than ad yi.

Also in those teamfights where you dance around for a minute without an initiate q is yis only poke.
Obviously ap will contribute more to this situation.

But of course he is still yi and cannot be left solo. So when yi dives in and all his teamates bail on him he blows up and gets called a noob cuz ap yi "sucks".
ap yi mid has the highest sustain in the game.

Most of thr time i play him though i will jungle hom AD as his game is more reliable as long as you can get a few kills up.
If my early game goes bad and i cant grab any kills im usually a pretty easily target so i switch into a hybrid grabbing a rageblade. The AS and AD procs more sustain through lifesteal and the boost to ap gives him a burst in 1v1 fights as well as bring able to soak more dmg with w. This turns his game around, but will delay IE or BT, so you will ha e to consider cheaper alternatives to stay effective in your team.

Cooper112

04-07-2012

Ap yi is fun and fine to play but i would suggest never playing ap yi in ranked games you will be called a troll and reported if you die at all.

Steakasaurus

04-07-2012

AP yi has to steal kills in order to be effective. He's strong when he comes in late to a teamfight, pops his ult, then alpha strikes, hoping that someone dies so he can do it again. Only a team full of morons would focus AP yi when he's meditating. He has literally 1 nuke. Why would anyone try to focus him down? "Yi's meditating, time to ignore him even more and obliterate this team since it's now a definite 4v5."

l1lshadow

04-07-2012

Ad Yi is able to crit through tanks like nothing even if they have 300+ armor and 3k+ hp while being able to survive due to his lifesteal.

Snaketeeth01

04-07-2012

Quote:
Steakasaurus:
AP yi has to steal kills in order to be effective. He's strong when he comes in late to a teamfight, pops his ult, then alpha strikes, hoping that someone dies so he can do it again. Only a team full of morons would focus AP yi when he's meditating. He has literally 1 nuke. Why would anyone try to focus him down? "Yi's meditating, time to ignore him even more and obliterate this team since it's now a definite 4v5."

So your team can FIGHT for three seconds until you can use yis "one nuke".
which with his bounce and not alot of ap, is at least 1000 dmg from one skill.
Ap yi does not steal kills.
If you deal %70 dmg to somebody and yi dives in for the kill, he didnt take your kill, he secured a kill. Whos to say you didnt soften them up for him?
Either way the kill goes to your team, thats what matters.
Too many players focus on KDA that they think it is the only statistic in the game, and believe it is a reflection of skill.
no.
There are alot of squiahy champs in the game that as soon as they get 1-2 deaths will stay behind and continue to die.

I have used teemo and gangplank as bait many many many times, so yeh, my score may be 2-12-18. But im not a noob just because of my KDr. If i can make my death lead to a triple kill and knocking a turret down i will accept that..
Yi runs the same way.
If you are ignoring the yi thats in meditate then you are begging him to alpha you a second time.

This also proves whats i said about not knowing how to play with ap yi. If you want yi to hybrid, you have to let him afford it.
Meditate is on a ling cd and he will only get to use it a second time if he secures the kill with r activated.
A smart ap yi will mediatate with q on 3 second cd, so even if they do cc you out you are standing there helpless you can q and leap much quicker, with r activated and just keep leaping.
Yi is a teamplayer which is why i often fail with him in solo Q

Jamaree

04-07-2012

AD Yi all the way. I hate gimmick builds like AP Yi, all he can do is killsteal. The DPS of AD yi is just too amazing to pass up.

Kagami

04-07-2012

AD Yi a better jungler, while AP Yi is a better laner, imo anyways.

HydraDrake

06-21-2013

um