Open Beta Begins

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

afarensis

10-22-2009

will there be incentives to the beta testers like some freebies or some points to have in the start of the open beta. it can make testers stay even though they dont like some changrs in the game

Cereal

Adjudicator

10-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Nikon View Post
This is unfair to people who had never played DOTA and got better by playing 300 games of LoL.

Edit: And yea, this is a case of just making another account and never using the beta account. Which would just be lame and stupid and inflate metrics.

How is not resetting the ELO unfair? I'm not sure you know what ELO is...it doesn't provide an advantage, its not runes, or unlocked champions, it is your invisible skill rating, sort of like your Halo Rank, but not visible.

All this means is that all these incoming folks can play with incoming folks until some start winning games and get "sorted out" and ranked. This actually protects newcomers, as well as giving existing players less frustration by not being forced to work through that all again. It's not that current players won't interact with newbies and be able to help them, but just the ones at the appropriate skill level, heck a good new player could easily be better than a poor existing player and be matched against them, after that "newbie island" threshold anyway.

Mannan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

10-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal View Post
All this means is that all these incoming folks can play with incoming folks until some start winning games and get "sorted out" and ranked.
This means that good players from other MOBA games will have a higher win/loss ratio (and thus more xp/ip) than a person who is evenly matched (and has a 50/50 ratio).

This is just going to encourage everyone to make a smurf account.

Anesthesiac

Adjudicator

10-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannan View Post
This means that good players from other MOBA games will have a higher win/loss ratio (and thus more xp/ip) than a person who is evenly matched (and has a 50/50 ratio).

This is just going to encourage everyone to make a smurf account.
While this is true, I think we may be underestimating the speed at which ELO will even out experienced MOBA players and smurfed beta accounts.

Of course, I could just as easily be wrong =/

Zantai

Friend of Urf

10-22-2009

I agree, and even if a new account dominates at first with an amazing W:L ratio, that would skyrocket their ELO.

Spikey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2009

IP/XP reset! :O

But I only just got FLASH!

yuke

10-22-2009

Can we have our ELO viewable in the future? I don't see the harm, but I could be mistaken. Any thoughts?

Mokatte

10-22-2009

@Pendragon

Do you think that not resetting ELO rating is good move? Its obviously much easier to farm IP/XP from new made account than sticking with beta account.

Bait

10-22-2009

will we be able to see our elo in open beta? it sucks to have a high elo and not know it.

MeowMeowMeowMeow

10-22-2009

omg another reset ?